Woohoo! Hubby is going raw

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

My DH agreed today to give raw a go. He’s open-minded, and has been eating everything I’ve made and mostly liking it. His issue is that he’s still hungry after eating his meal, whereas I feel satisfied. DO you have any suggestions for raw recipes that will fill him up? Nut cheeses? He’s a “texture guy” meaning that I never know which textures will turn him off or not, but I am willing to experiment. He loves salads, so maybe just one with nuts and seeds along with the veggies would work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Hi! You should definitely fix a raw peanut butter and banana sandwich for him (although you might have to double it if you want to get a bit!) You could serve him this with a nice big glass of almond milk. Also be sure to fill the sandwich with plenty of banana. Another suggestion is that with every meal give him extra veggies or fruit so that he is full. You could also fix him raw desserts so that he can always feel satisfied after dinner. I hope this helps!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Make the PepperJack cheese from Cafe Gratitude recipe book if he is craving cheeses. That will help.

• I’ve noticed that if I eat a heavier breakfast with some fats in it then I’m not as hungry later in the day. If I only have fruit in the morning then I’ll be starving. I like a big meal in the morning and then do my smoothie at night.