Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dangers of eating garlic?

Has anyone heard of this before? I love garlic and couldn’t believe what I was reading. I got this from a news letter from howtogoraw.com. I’ll really appreciate any info. If you notice the date on the original report, is kind of old, I hope there is some where some updated report on this. I’ll hate to have to give up on Garlic.

Some of the Dangers of Eating Garlic:

From: C.Dove (cache-rh01.proxy.aol.com) Subject: Re: Garlic and Health (scientific reasoning) Date: October 17, 2002 at 7:01 am PST

In Reply to: Re: Garlic and Health (scientific reasoning) posted by Dr. Doug Graham on October 17, 2002 at 4:19 am:

GARLIC - TOXIC SHOCK! Reprinted from Nexus Feb/Mar 2001

The reason garlic is so toxic, the sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates the blood-brain barrier, just like DMSO, and is a specific poison for higher-life forms and brain cells. We discovered this, much to our horror, when I (Bob Beck, DSc) was the world’s largest manufacturer of ethical EEG feedback equipment.

We’d have people come back from lunch that looked clinically dead on an encephalograph, which we used to calibrate their progress. “Well, what happened?” “Well, I went to an Italian restaurant and there was some garlic in my salad dressing!” So we had them sign things that they wouldn’t touch garlic before classes or we were wasting their time, their money and my time.

I guess some of you who are pilots or have been in flight tests…I was in flight test engineering in Doc Hallan’s group in the 1950’s. The flight surgeon would come around every month and remind all of us: “Don’t you dare touch any garlic 72 hours before you fly one of our airplanes, because it’ll double or triple your reaction time. You’re three times slower than you would be if you’d not had a few drops of garlic.”

Well, we didn’t know why for 20 years later, until I owned the Alpha-Metrics Corporation. We were building biofeed-back equipment and found out that garlic usually desynchronises your brain waves.

So I funded a study at Stanford and, sure enough, they found that it’s a poison. You can rub a clove of garlic on your foot – a you can smell it shortly later on your wrists. So it penetrates the body. This is why DMSO smells a lot like garlic: that sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates all the barriers including the corpus callosum in the brain.

Any of you who are organic gardeners know that if you don’t want to use DDT, garlic will kill anything in the way of insects.

Now, most people have heard most of their lives garlic is good for you, and we put those people in the same class of ignorance as the mothers who at the turn of the century would buy morphine sulphate in the drugstore and give it to their babies to put’em to sleep.

If you have any patients who have low-grade headaches or attention deficit disorder, they can’t quite focus on the computer in the after-noon, just do an experiment – you owe it to yourselves. Take these people off garlic and see how much better they get, very very shortly. And then let them eat a little garlic after about three weeks. They’ll say “My God, I had no idea that this was the cause of our problems.” And this includes the de-skunked garlic’s, Kyolic, some of the other products.

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

MAJOMI - Thank you for that post. I found out on this site awhile back that both garlic and onions are neurotoxins. I decided to do some inquiries on both, beginning with onions. Despite the downside of onions, there are also many benefits. Nothing in life is 100%. I now think of onions like relationships – I don’t want to live without them and, if I choose well, the ups will outweigh the downs. I hope to finish my onion investigation soon and then will begin my garlic research so I will refer back to this information. In the end, if I determine that garlic has more downs than ups, I will cry like a baby and consider a possible breakup. Thanks again for the info.

• Meditation, I will be crying too, please keep me post on your finding. Thank you.

• yeah I believe meditating is talking about the post I started on this awhile back.. I have to say that I gave both onions and garlic up for a month, and didn’t really notice a difference “AT ALL” . I went back to eating onions and garlic and there was really no downside for me. Except for the smell !!!

This is one of those things where you have to try it out for yourself.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

ARDES - Didn’t you know that garlic and onions smell sexy? Well all I have to say is that you must not be Italian.

• Funny part about this meditating is my daughter can eat onions and garlic all day and I never smell it on her, but for my wife I just can’t take it. I am not sure if it’s a chemistry thing or what. And god if a meat eater has had it with there meal it make me want to puke.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

ardes – thanks for the update – I was wondering if you felt any difference without them.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

ardes – what a fantastic new photo!

Interesting that you didn’t feel different without onions/garlic. I may try the experiment as well… but I doubt that i’d notice a difference.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i have met a few people who are allergic in large quantities. I have actually hear to anyone garlic is toxic in large quantities. my husband is allergic to garlic, it makes him break out. it is so hard because so many things that are in restaurants (even raw ones) have garlic. so when we quit buying it, i felt better too. it makes my breath stink and it overpowers other flavors in cooking.

some vegan chinese restaurants do not use garlic or onions. i think it is a pure buddist thing.

• As all the food there are toxins in garlic. Thats why we keep going to bathroom. I think we humans should be guided for our noses when talking about food. Garlic generally is pungent and eaten alone is quite bitter and spicy. When the Buddha talked about Garlic in some sects of Buddhism it was prohibited due to the fact that is good for sexual libido ^^ You can get intoxicated even from water, If Im not mistaken youll need 7.5 liters in your body to reach an intoxicating level. Moderation is what is needed, in everything you do =)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I don’t notice any difference whether I eat it or not. Studies done on cooked eaters don’t cut the mustard with me anymore. It doesnt say if the study was on cooked or raw, but it is unlikely to be a raw study, there aren’t many of those. Why are they studying whether garlic is a poison and not whether cooked food is poison???

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

I totally agree with Zoe. Personally I find that cooked garlic oozes through my pores and SMELLS and gives me gas. Raw garlic on the other hand leaves no malodorous smells from my bod at all.

• rawpatiencerawpatience Raw Newbie

Marichiesa, I am the total opposite. Raw garlic is so yummy but seeps through my pores and out from my breath in the worst way. That never happened with cooked. I can’t stop burping if I eat too much raw garlic so I use it in moderation, but I notice that some raw food chefs use a ton of it. Our body chemistry is all so different that whether cooked or raw it is tough to say how a body will react. I wonder when the nutrition scientists will start to seriously study the raw diet….I would love to read the findings from some in depth studies (like The China Study) on the topic!

• It all depends of the person. There are persons that go from common food to raw and they have to try to make dishes like the ones they used to eat, this helps to not fall off the wagon. Now, I was living for a full year of cereals before making the change into fruitarian and my body doesnt stand even some of the raw recipes, I can barely digest peanuts! So it depends of the detox grade and tastes. Ill say, you like it? is it raw? is it healthy? Then eat it!!! ;-D

• Couldn’t it be just because garlic is so detoxing that it makes people on a bad diet feel dizzy or whatever, because toxic substances re-enter their blood-stream when they eat it?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Same thing came to mind about the study being on raw or cooked.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

malene trut—not sure.

i know you can’t eat either garlic or onions as a meal, and so, that’s a pretty good gauge of how much of them you want in your diet. i gave them up, as an experiment, 2 weeks ago like ardes. we’ll see. i’m not sure it’ll stick as i could really go for some marinara sauce.

like allantgy said, there are mild toxins in EVERYTHING.

and i totally agree with zoe. food science will reach useless conclusions unless they start taking ‘cooked food is poisonous’ for granted.

• I agree totally with you, pianissima. Also, good thoughts, malene trut, Allantgy, and zoe! I would like to say that I feel like we are loosing something precious when we turn our backs on herbs. In the study of herbology, there are several timeless truthes including the following. 1/ Less can be more! 2/ Desperate needs call for desperate measures. 3/ Nature is wholistic, and the application of nature should be wholistic. 4/ There is a time and a season for every living thing.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

ardes- when you have a chance, can you update your findings on prilling? I’m curious to see if you notice any difference, now that it’s been a while. thnx