Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

transitioning

Hello. Im about one week in to a diet of raw food all day, a whole grain/fish/steamed veggie meal for dinner (or another salad with fish, or cooked veggies with tofu) So far I’ve had really bad headaches, feel quite fatigued yet sleepless, and have gone back in forth from absolutely starving to not hungry at all. I understand the beginning is not supposed to be easy, especially because I jumped into this quite quickly. I’m a serious athlete, so I don’t think I will ever go completely raw while in training, but I’m wondering if anyone knows at all when the headaches will subside and if I will have a more constant appetite in the near future? Is it bad to take supplements or aspirin for the headaches? Any other recommendations for me? Thanks : )

Comments

• I think your headaches will subside- give yourself about 2 days. I wouldn’t take supplements or asprin. That’s just more processed stuff/chemicals for your liver to work through. I personally do better without tofu in my diet also- stopped that about a year ago. Bananas are quite good for athletes. There’s also a marathoner who did the whole marathon raw- with 50 dates as his sustenance. Chin up… and if you go back and forth for a while, don’t feel bad.

• Brendan Brazier is a very successful professional athlete who eats an alkalizing diet that includes lots of raw foods. You may want to check out his book, “The Thrive Diet.”

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Green juices will get good nutrition into your body quickly and help with the headaches & other symptoms of detox. You may also want to look at your water intake – drinking lots helps flush the toxins out so they don’t cause you so much discomfort/pain. In general, things that speed up detox/cleansing are sweet fruits, fasting, green juices, colonics…and some things that slow it down are fatty foods (avocados, nuts, oils, etc.), green leafies (with the fiber; not juiced), sea salt, cooked starches, weight lifting, meat (including fish) & dairy. Also, have you tried young Thai coconuts? The water is a natural source of electrolytes, and the meat is soft enough to get out with a spoon & is one of the things that will slow detox & help your body build. Also, it takes a lot of work for the body to cleanse & heal, so getting plenty of rest/sleep is important, too :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

You need to get the detoxing toxins out from your head and into your glands. Try massage and yoga. These are the two things that have always stopped my detox symptoms because they stretch and allow your body fluids to flow quickly where they need to go. It speeds the whole thing up and makes it painless.

• Thanks for your posts! So I’ve become obsessed with researching and trying new foods and finding new recipes! So much so that I have been completely avoiding studying for my upcoming final exams (oops). Anyways, I would like to know what everyones favorite raw books, as well as books about cleansing so that as soon as these exams are over I can pick up a book and stop staring constantly at my computer screen. Thanks friends

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Fresh by the Boutenkos is a great raw recipe book. Enzyme Nutrition by Howell is a good book on the science behind enzymes and raw food. I get obsessed with rsearching raw and finding new recipes too! Don’t worry, you’re not the only one lol!

• oh Enzyme Nutrition sounds great! I’m really interested in the science behind it…espcially because I am studying nutrition for my major, but missing the science of raw in my textbooks! Thank you Winona

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i am curious if you gave up caffeine and that is causing the headaches? it did for me.

runningraw.com