Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

water

Hello all. What a great site! Kudos to all responsiblefor introducing all of us to the “new” concept of raw food. I am a newcomer to the raw foods lifestyle and still in the early stagesof my introduction. This may seem like a silly question but is tap water considered raw or not? I am puzzled as to what kind of water is acceptable. Any info on this would b welcome . Thanks.

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Anuradha – welcome to goneraw! I’m glad that you selected this site to be a part of. Goneraw helped me transition to a raw diet. It was the first raw community that I joined, and i’ve found that it’s better than any other. The recipes are fantastic, the folks are helpful, and i’ve learned so many good tips from making my own toothpaste to preparation methods of raw burgers.

Water doesn’t have any enzymes. Water molecules were all heated at some point in their life cycle. If you think about rain… it comes from water that evaporated at high temperatures. Anyway, it’s not even possible to drink H20 that hasn’t been heated… nor does it matter, as water has no enzymes/nutrients.

However, purity of water is another matter… does your water have fluoride? chlorine? chemicals? Etc.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

To make it simple, it is best to drink filtered water instead of tap, but it isn’t considered a violation of the raw diet to drink tap water. The other issue is not to drink out of plastic water bottles because the plastic can leech into the water. That being said, neither is this considered a violation of a raw diet.

Hey Winona, how do you make raw toothpaste?

• SueSue Raw Newbie

Water is water. Our bodies are made up of 70% water. The earth is 70% water. You need water. The type of water you drink should be as close to nature as possible. Unfortunately the technology of this planet has rendered regular tap water pretty much un-consumable because of the added chemicals like chlorine and floride. Your best bet is to get an over the counter water filter that removes most of the chemicals, or drink purified water like Aquafina, or distilled water. But whatever you do, drink lots of water. I think if your body is relatively healthy, even tap water is better than no water or processed drinks.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I get really discouraged hearing about how plastic leeches into water. I drink spring water, and it’s always from a plastic bottle. I wish there was a way to circumnavigate the plastic…

I simply don’t trust the tap water at all. My town has notoriously bad water; sometimes it goes brown for no reason.

• The absolute best water you can drink is spring water fresh from the source that you can bottle yourself in glass or another non chemical leaching material. It took me around 2 months of asking people in my area if they knew of a spring, and finally I found one. Nothing beats the taste of fresh, pure cold spring water, it truly is the best ever!

• hey that’s awesome you found a spring where you are. I’m still lookin and hope to find a good one soon.