Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Juice Feasting

AziahAziah Raw Newbie

Where can I get recipes for juice feasting? is there a book or something someone can recommend?

Comments

• SueSue Raw Newbie

There are many great books out on juicing. If you have a juicer you may want to try “Fresh Vegetable & Fruit Juices by Dr. Norman Walker; it’s a classic, or Juice Fasting, by Steve Meyerowitz. You can get plenty of good books for free in your local library. Don’t get hooked into spending money for on-line advertisements. In my own experience, I have found that a juice made of 75% greens (1 cucumber, 5 or 6 celery stalks, a big handful of spinach, & some bitters like dandelion) combined with 25% carrots (I also add a little ginger and 1/2 a lemon) is the best energy boost I ever had. Sometimes I add a few chunks of fresh pineapple to make it a little sweeter. In the interim, drink plenty of water with fresh squeezed lemon.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Juice feasting is discussed in Gabriel Cousens’s book “Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine” – but I don’t think he gives specific recipes, just what it is. One gallon or more per day of green juice: celery, cucumber, & 2 pounds of leafy greens, occasionally some carrot or tomato, with chlorella & spirulina mixed in for protein to help keep blood sugar levels balanced. He talks about combining it with colonics or warm water enemas, exercise, etc. and recommends doing it for a time period of 30 to 92 days (one to three months). I did it for most of one day :) I’d love to do it longer, though; I just need the produce growing in my garden or a much larger budget! Of course, buying 20 cucumbers per day in the winter is a little cost prohibitive, at least for me, so we just planted 3 cucumber plants.

• Juicefeasting.com has loads of information. You cab also check out Angela Stoke’s book; I think it’s called something like “a juice feaster’s guide”.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

You may have found this already thanks to autumnides, but here’s the link for purchasing the ebook http://store.rawreform.com/index.php?cPath=97_1… I own it and love the idea but I’m not quite ready. Hope the weekend at Grandma’s went well!