Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Living Foods books and DVDs?

Hello. Can anyone recommend some uncooking books or DVDs on the living foods lifestyle? I am looking for something that includes information on wheat grass and cultured raw foods like Ann Wigmore used. I would prefer books and DVDs that I can get inexpensively (under $20, like used on half.com) or at my local library here in Dayton, Ohio (you can search the Dayton Metro Library’s catalog at http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org). I’d also rather not use a lot of tropical ingredients as I am trying to eat more locally.

I would appreciate any tips on following this kind of diet. I’m especially concerned about the taste of some of the recommended foods, rejuvelac, energy soup, wheat grass etc. I’ve read some stories that have me a bit scared.

Thank you.

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Here’s one for you http://www.amazon.com/Living-Cuisine-Spirit-Hea… that fits the bill for cultured raw food instructions and recipes. She does use tropical ingredients though since I believe she lives in Hawaii.

• Thanks amysue. I’ll consider that one. There seem to be very few raw food books that mention culturing foods. The ones I am leaning to most now are “Ann Wigmore’s Recipes for a Longer Life” and “The Raw Food Gourmet: Going Raw for Total Well-Being” by Gabrielle Chavez. Does anyone have these? How do you like them?

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hello, I’ve got an ebook on Raw Lunches. They are really simple recipe ideas for making quick lunches although there a few recipes to make with a dehydrator or oven if you are new.

List Of Recipes:-

Basic Salad Dressing

Cabbage Roll-ups

Cashew Mayonnaise

Coconut Cakes

Coleslaw

Couscous

Cornbread Sandwich

Guacamole

Meatballs

Milkshake

Olive Tapenade and Avocado Salad

Pickles

Seed Paste with Vegetables

Seed and Raisin Fudge

Vegetable Soup

Super Cookies

Sushi

Toast

Tomato Sauce

Vegetable Croquettes

Working Smoothie

Zucchini Pasta

Zucchini Wraps

www.rawlifestyle.co.uk

• Thank you for the suggestion sweetpea. I ended up ordering two of Ann Wigmore’s books used on half. I’m still waiting for them. I hope they come soon! I really need them.

• I have Raw Food Made easy for 1 or 2 people by Jennifer Cornbleet, and right now I’m reading Raw Food Life Force Energy By Natalia Rose, it contain lot of good info and at the end it has recipes. I got it from my local library

• “Living Cuisine: The Art and Spirit of Raw Foods” by Renee Loux UnderKoffler was EXTREMELY helpful for me… I’m still very new to raw, and this book by far has helped me the most! The first hundred pages are detailed with info about every fruit, vegetable, nut, seed, herb etc. They’re all foods that can be found locally, as well. She has a TON of info on food preparation and how to do everything simply. (And there are 10 pages on culturing and fermenting food.)

• If you’re looking for information on being raw, and some easy recipes, you should check out the blog I started with my brother, Roshi’s Raw Lifestyle . We’ve filled it with some awesome recipes and other info. Plus it only costs $0. I hope you find it helpful.