Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

oprah cleanse?

bittbitt Raw Newbie

someone at work saw my lunch (a green smoothie and a collard wrap) today and said I was like oprah. they said she is doing some kind of cleanse with no meat, sugar, gluten, dairy, caffeine. I said since I don’t eat those things I suppose I am like her. Had anyone heard of this? I am so skeptical of these mainstream fads.

Comments

• She is doing some 21 day cleanse…

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

oprah is doing the 21 day program from this book: http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Wellness-Practica…=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212033906&sr=8-1

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I thought she was just going vegan for 21 days. I didn’t know she was cleansing.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i guess to the average SAD eater, going vegan IS a cleanse!

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

she’s just going vegan for 21 days. she has a daily blog: http://www.oprah.com/foodhome/food/cleanse/blog…

She talks about what she’s eating every day and I see NO mention of green smoothies or collard wraps. In fact, she’s eating “soy chicken”. I wish her cook would throw in some healthy green juices and green smoothies. It would make such a difference in getting over cravings and feeling better overall, but I guess you have to give her credit for going this far and bringing attention to vegan diets in the mainstream. :-)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

She’s going to go raw, I just know it!!! She had the Crazy Sexy Cancer Girl on there recently, she beat cancer with raw foods so she must know about it. Perhaps this is her first baby steps into it. Wouldn’t that just be amazing ;)

• yeah…think of the exposure

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I know, and what about Oprah herself. Look what she has achieved and who she has become, if she were raw she’d just explode into wonderfullness even more. I can’t imagine what she’d be like raw!

• even as an englishman, i’ve always been aware of the influence she has….she’s way more than just a talk show host

beng compared to oprah is more positive than someone seeing what you have eaten and given the standard response…..there is no standard response but ‘rabbit food’ and ‘protein’ are usually there somewhere