Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need Good Meal Ideas

Hey there. I want to make a raw meal for my dad and I was wondering if any one had some good ideas/recipes. Preferably something well liked by a general populous. And if possible by SAD eaters. Oh and a good soup recipe. I just want to make something that has been tried before. Thanks!!! K

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Is your dad a SAD eater?

I was waiting for someone to respond, too, but I did think of a good Mexican flavor salad, since you mentioned corn: Romaine lettuce & fresh cilantro, avocados, tomatoes, & fresh corn cut from the cob, with a dressing of olive oil, lime juice & good salt.

• Check out the recipes of ChrisCarlton.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Angie-Yes he is. gorawmom-I’ll check that out.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Don’t try to feed him raw soup – unless there is one that someone has tested on SAD eaters. The raw soups are usually nothing like cooked ones & most SAD eaters don’t seem to care for them. Anyone who has a recipe that contradicts this statement, please jump in – I would love it for my family, too :) chriscarlton’s recipes ARE a good place to start. My chocolate & chocolate raspberry pies are good for saddies, too, but the ingredients are the iffy ones – agave (Madhava brand makes a raw one, besides their other non-raw ones), nuts that you have to order online to get really raw, cacao (I only feel really good with the one from www.sunfood.com )... Good luck!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I haven’t really experimented with raw corn (although I have some planted in my garden this year, so we will see).

I’ve had good experiences with a raw taco night – tortillas, taco meat, guacamole, pico, lettuce and tomato. There are a bunch more ideas under Mexican.

These vegetable nori rolls have gone over well with non-raw friends as well (especially people that would usually eat sushi).

And, these stuffed mushrooms are a delicious appetizer for any meal or party.

The one soup I can recommend is this light gazpacho mainly because this soup would be served cold SAD or raw. Good summertime dish.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

There is another recipe for Gazpacho (eaten raw and cold – SADs included):

6 tomatos (ripe) 1 green pepper 1 red pepper 1 cucumber some onion garlic (optional) olive oil (as much as you want, start with 2 tbsp and see how much you want if you want more) salt vinegar (optional)

BLEND everything and its done (if you want you can add water).

I had a good experience with zuchini pasta, but I think that those SAD eaters are open-mind… Any dessert can work, a pudding made of cashews (you may use any nut you want) and strawberries (3 more times than nuts) has very good acceptance.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Burgers and salad with a creamy mayonnaise on the side would be my choice for a non raw person.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I make a raw soup that we sell in the bucket loads. Click on my profile and check it out. It is the tomato soup recipe. It has been sold to sad eaters and rawies and everyone is blown away by it.

Check out the other recipes I posted because we sell most of them and do them in our classes, and everyone loves them. SAD, well it is SUK over here in the UK! and raw alike. I’m chriscarlton’s wife (yup, I am a v.v.lucky girl!) and we run www.purelyraw.com together, the recipes I post are either his creations, or if they’re not his they are ones I have made from books but changed a little, darn I have to admit that don’t I lol! He comes up with amazing recipes. The tomato soup, and cheese are all his work.

Have confidence. One of my favourite things ever in the world is to make raw food for SUK/SAD’s. I did a raw feast for my very, very carnivourous family and it made my brother go vegan. When I visted him he made a 3 course raw meal for us all. I took raw burgers, crisps, cheese and bread to a party. It was the talk of the town! No-one could believe it was raw, everyone loved it. So don’t be worried, make sure you season everything really well, and let us know how it goes!

• I make raw guacamole and salsa and serve it with onion bread. Also, desserts are often popular with people who don't eat raw. Try Alissa Cohen's Strawberry Crepes or Jenny Cornbleet's apple cake.

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

I might suggest some kind of raw burrito or raw taco? Those are always popular. The same with raw pizza, kale chips might be something to try too. Good luck!