Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

To shampoo or not to shampoo?

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hey all!

glad to see everyone is hanging in there!

plumeseed – I agree with you. When I was using shampoo, my scalp always felt “tight” no matter what shampoo I used and honestly, even though my hair isnt perfect or anything, it is still better than when I was on shampoo. The “tight” feeling in my scalp is gone -now, it feels more like I can feel the sebum on it, just lightly though, but it feels nice and supple. The white vinegar rinse will work to get the oil and any “buildup” feeling out of your hair. I always had a problem at my crown area in my early no poo days – once I used the white vinegar it was gone and never came back. I figured it was buildup sebum.

jeshuabrown – have you tried lemon juice rinse? Do about 1 lemon juiced in 2 cups water. Pour onto hair and massage through. Rinse out. If your hair is really oily, you can leave it in like a minute but it can be very drying so be careful. Pollution can be rinsed out with water. When you rinse, you have to rinse with water longer than you would than if you just used shampoo because the shampoo strips it all out for you. For the smell, there are lots of things you can use. The lemon juice will help – also, you can make a spray out of essential oil and water – whatever scent you like. A dab of coconut oil or make a rinse with a tea.

tfacey – I looked at that Hair Fix stuff. It is basically a dry shampoo (sort of like the kind people use when they go camping) but I couldn’t find the ingredients. My guess is that is contains something like corn starch or baking soda (to aborb the oil) and than an EO like tea tree (also can help aborb oil). My only wonder is about the fact it comes in different colors – so I am wondering what they use for the colors – hopefully natural clay. That might be nice to help with the greasies (although you just buy your own corn starch by itself to help) but I would worry about it building up in the hair if you use too much and whether it would clump with the sebum. I guess I would want to see what is in it first. My guess is that is created for use inbetween shampoos which the assumption that it would be shampooed out eventually. I would be interested in seeing the ingredients though. Thanks for the heads up!

Here is another article on it: http://www.prleap.com/pr/78016/

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

so other than that one slip up, I have returned to no poo…
    I’m using a nit comb on my hair in the shower, just to make sure of no bugs.. lol.
    paranoid, but so far wonderful.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

My parents asked me today how to go about turning no-poo! I was really surprised. I think they asked because when they saw me today, they could see how curly my long hair was and they hadn’t seen any curl for years because of shampoo damage! Yay!! I influenced someone:-D

• lstorzlstorz Raw Superstar

I’m taking the plunge today…. going “no poo”. I didn’t think I would be at this point so soon, but lately my hair has been so lifeless and greasy, so I think it’s telling me to lay off the shampoo! I’m encouraged by everyone’s feedback. I’m a little nervous, but, whatever, it’s winter here, so I can always just pull a big hat on while my hair is sorting its detox out.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Finally, my hair is getting nicer! I thought I was going to die, it was so coated with sebem(or whatever it’s called). I took your guys advice and I started to rinse it every day with just water and only do the baking soda once a week, with the ACV after, and maybe a second ACV rinse in the middle of the week. Tons better. I can’t wait until the gunk is gone.

• One month and happy. I tool queenfluffs advice and did a sea salt wash over a BS and it felt great very tingly on my scalp. I hadn’t done anything but WW in two weeks and was due so I did a white vinegar rinse as well. It doesn’t smell as much a the AVC rinse I liked it better. I wonder do they do the same thing or should I rotate them?

naturegal – ACV and white vinegar do not do the same the same things. ACV is more of a “conditioning” rinse if you will as the white vinegar is more of a buildup or oil remover sort of like a clarifier. The white vinegar can be very drying and stripping – it is not meant for everyday use really. Lots of no pooers do it like once or twice a month. If you hair is really oily though, you can do it as needed. ACV is probably milder for more often use. I didn’t like the way ACV left my hair – sort of like it was coated like with conditioner.

I posted a link a while back that had an article that talked about the differences between what the white and ACV vinegars do for the hair. Ugh, I can’t find it – and I don’t have time to look back for it (moving day today!). I’ll look later if I have time. But basically, no they don’t do the same thing.

• lstorzlstorz Raw Superstar

WOW!!! I am blown away. Today is my second day of “no-poo”, and my hair has not been this light and soft and bouncy in a very long time. I used the BS and ACV wash both yesterday and today, which now I realize after reading more of this thread is probably too much. So, I’m going to just observe and follow my hair’s intuition. This is great!!!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’m joining the bandwagon!! It’s been about 12 days now since last ‘poo. I have dry hair that I washed about once or twice a week. It’s frizzy and somewhat curly, somewhat wavy. I once went about 25 days without washing it because of a hospital stay and it was fine, so I think my transition will be pretty ok. Can’t wait to see how it is in two months!!

• I don’t use shamPOO or conDItionEr either. I use honey, coconut oil, apple-cider vinegar, lemons and essential oils for all my bathing needs. I found that using essential oils keep me smelling fresh all day whereas using products from natural stores didn’t keep their scent!! Not to mention they have many unnecessary ingredients that absorbe right in to the scalp!!

• my hair is really long and esp. very THICK!! i use my own homemade shampoo that is just flax seed, water, baking soda, and sea salt. and then i follow w/ a ACV rinse. altho, after seeing that i don’t need the flax and can just do baking soda and ACV, i will give that a try because i can never wash all the flax out and it flakes out of my hair for days, not to mention all the dandruff. i have a TON of dandruff. it’s been that way all my life.

it might be because i don’t wash my hair enough, but i just don’t know what to do because my hair is just sooooo THICK that it seriously takes like 8 hours for my hair to dry. i refuse to blow dry. and then i sleep 8 hours so basically, half of my entire day i am walking around w/ wet hair. i can’t comb my hair everyday either, because it’s curly. you try to comb or brush curly hair, it just turns frizzy. at least, that’s the way it is w/ me.

it might also take my hair so long to dry because of the humidity here. i hardly ever wash my hair at all during winter because i’m already freezing to death and cold wet hair just makes matters worse.

so what do you guys suggest? if i wash my hair everyday, will the dandruff most likely go away? i can only comb my hair when it’s wet. should i really wash my hair everyday even tho it takes so long to dry? i have never known what to do about this, and i’ve always had dandruff and it isn’t very fun at all.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Hi everyone,

I’m so frustrated at the moment. I didn’t think I was ready for no shampoo, but after reading this thread again, I’m feeling like I might give it a try.

I’ve been trying to transition from chemical shampoo to organic, all-natural shampoo, but things have not been going well. I’ve tried products from Aubrey and Morrocco Method (wish I’d read this thread before spending the money on that) and both just made my hair feel like oily straw: amazingly, it seems to be both dry and greasy at the same time. I tried to stick it out, but it just felt so gross that with both products I ended up going back to chemical shampoo after just a few wash cycles.

I gave up a few weeks ago and returned to the chemical stuff. After doing more reading, I tried the morrocco method again today with an ACV rinse, and my hair feels slightly better than the last time I used it, but it’s still distractingly disgusting. I have long wavy hair; the individual strands are fine (so its prone to greasiness), but it is dense in terms of quantity of hair. And because I have so much hair, when it’s nasty like this, I just feel filthy all over.

The hardest part for me to let go of is that my hair was actually looking and feeling great on chemical shampoo (even washing only 2x a week), so seeing it now is extra discouraging. For the same reasons as everyone else, I want to get rid of all the toxic products, but the results I am getting are making that hard to do! When my hair feels as gross as it does right now, it’s hard to concentrate on anything but getting it clean, and the products I have been using just are not working.

I know that I need to just let my hair detox in order to get through this, so I’ve read through this thread in search of recommendations. I’m thinking baking soda might be the best place to start? Possibly followed with a lemon/water rinse? Any other suggestions? I think I must have a ton of build-up for it to feel this bad.

[Sorry this is such a whiny post – having yucky hair after using ridiculously expensive shampoo makes me cranky. >:( But I suppose it is the push I needed to give no-poo a try!]

• rawveganlove- I have really thick hair as well and its takes just as long to dry and its curley/wavey as well . Since I started the no poo I have been able to brush my hair more and the curls go back into place. I have noticed on the days that I’m lazy and dont rinse with really cold water that my hair is frizzy though. I hope that helps a little.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

So, I’m doing real good! I’m loooving it. My hair’s natural waveyness is returning! I use a nit comb in the shower and no bugs! lol.
    I have noticed my hair isn’t so much greasy, as it is somewhat sticky? after a shower…
    any advice?
    Its not nasty sticky, just… ooooh, sticky.. lol
    hope that’s understandable.

• OK got a long needed hair cut today was able to keep my stylist from shampooing and conditioning but she really wanted to put leave in cond in my hair. She said that she wouldn’t put it my my scalp so I said OK thinking that I would rinse it out when I got home. WHAT A MISTAKE!!!! I cant get the smell out and I really dont like it. I think its time to grow my long layers out so I can get someone I know to do a straight cut. I love my long thick hair and the layers really help the weight on my head but I dont think think that I can go to a salon again. I had already been dreading it since we have gone all natural with our cleaning products (We make them all ourselves) I walk into my parents house and get really sensitive when they are doing laundry or cleaning but since I started the no poo my sensitivity is even greater. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this smell out PLEASE HELP!!!!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

It’s been a month or so for me, I think. I LOVE the way my hair is progressing! Some days are better then others. I have curly hair that’s down by my shoulders and the texture and strength of my tresses has truly improved. I brush it twice a day to move the oils and then rinse it in the shower, giving my scalp a through massage. I love the way my hair feels…it feels so authentic and real. It definitely has a life of its own now, too! My curls seem like they are so much more lively and when I brush it straight, there is a a pleasant wave.

I love having jungle hair.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

Acutally, I have a question..
    I’m not sure if I’m losing hair (from breakage) or if its just the hair that naturally falls out.
    I comb in the shower.. so that might cause it…
    any advice?

Hi all!

Dang, I did a big long response and for some reason it didn’t post! Grr! I’ll try to redo it to the same effect!

rawveganlove – Some tips are to wash your hair at night and let it dry while you sleep – not sure if that is an option for you. I actually do this more often than washing my hair in the morning because I wake up with cool bed hair. :) Another thing is that I noticed that my hair dries faster doing no poo – I think it is because the hair isn’t getting stripped of moisture from shampoo so it doesn’t absorb as much moisture because the sebum is protecting it. For the dandruff, try some vinegar rinses (either ACV or white – you can try either of them and see what works best for you). Another tip is to do a scalp massage before you do your hair routine – this will help loosen the dandruff. Whether or not you wash everyday is up to you – although, it might be a good idea to keep the dandruff out of the hair. I would be careful with using too much of the baking soda – sometimes, people use too much of it and get “white” left in their hair from not rinsing good enough and they think it is more dandruff. I have read stories of people getting rid of their dandruff by going no poo so hang in there.

jenny – I have talked about Morrocco Method on this thread before somewhere. I have tried it and honestly, I think it is just “no poo in disguise” – meaning, none of the ingredients in MM really “clean” the hair (not like real shampoo does). I don’t consider MM to be a real shampoo. If you take a closer look at the ingredients, it is alot of stuff you might use yourself on no poo (like ACV) – the other stuff like algae and lake mud (can’t remember what else is in it) honestly, really does not clean hair. If you didn’t notice, it says to give it three months to work – well, that is about as long (if not longer) than it takes people to transition to no poo (with out using expensive products). I gave it three months and honestly, my hair never got better on MM , just my wallet got thinner! On no poo (I do water only rinses) my hair was doing better quicker. Yeah, it was gross at the beginning but it was gross using MM too and at least, this way I wasn’t losing all my money too! Honestly don’t waste your money on MM —the only things that really work in it in my opinion is the ACV - which you can buy yourself for lots cheaper. If I were you, I would do a white vinegar rinse – it removes sticky buildup. Start with a 1 tablespoon white vinegar to 2 cups water – Pour in hair and leave in 30 secs to a minute and rinse out well (very well). Don’t use anything else after.If your hair still seems sticky, you can increase the vinegar amount next time. This is not for every day use – so don’t use every day. You can use every other day at the beginning until the build up is gone – than use as needed.THere is no way to completely get around the transition period to no poo – you just have to hang in there and use whatever you can to keep the oily and buildup at a minimum until your hair and scalp adjusts.

teade – Do the white vinegar rinse that I put above. For the hair loss, does the hair have a little white bulb on the end? If so, that is normal hair shedding – if not, it is breakage. Since you comb in the shower, be aware that wet is more fragile and stretches easily and can break easily so only use a wide tooth comb and don’t over the combing and comb gently.

NatureGal – Try the vinegar rinse – your hair might smell vinegary but that is better than it smelling like chemicals! Or you could try something like lemon or orange or make a tea that you like the smell of and let it cool and rinse your hair with it! I like to just “scrunch” in some coconut oil when I don’t like the smell of my hair. You can also try an essential oil rinse (water with a few drops of your fave smelling oil) – pour in and rinse out.

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

you are awesome queenfluff!
    I checked out the strands left in my shower this morning, and they did in fact have a white bulb at the end!
    yay!

thanks!

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Thanks, queenfluff! I love that we have our very own no-poo guru here.

I’ve tried a few things since my cranky post and have been impressed with the results. I did one baking soda wash (rinsed with acv) and one white vinegar wash followed by a honey and lemon “rinse” (it’s hard for me to break the habit of wanting a two-step hair process! But I can see it happening in some time in the future, as my hair gets way less tangly when I don’t use shampoo). I’m very encouraged by what I’m seeing so far—it’s definitely taken the nastiness out of my hair.

Ugh, I really wish I had not wasted my money on MM (I read this full thread only after I had such bad results). It is so expensive, and I just don’t think it’s right to keep paying so much money for three full months when I’m seeing terrible results.

• ambergirlambergirl Raw Newbie

i’m so lost… this sounds like it would be an interesting thing to try… except i have really REALLY curly hair (check the photo, or my myspace). So i’m not sure that this would work. I can’t comb through my hair without it being A) wet and B) having conditioner… andy suggestions?

teade and jenny – Your welcome! :)

I am kind of learning too as I go more into this. My hair knowledge is left over from my hair stylist days and my own personal hair diasters. For the no poos, I was reading and getting advice from other forums (there is a no poo forum on the live community site – I can post the link if you want it) Also, on the long hair forum site – there is a super long thread (longer than this one!) about a bunch of peoples long hair no poo experiements – they try all sorts of things in lieu of shampoo. Some things work great for some but not for other people – but it is great because you get all sort of ideas for your own hair to try! :)

Yeah, it is all about trying and learning – I am glad you guys are finding what works for you. :)

jenny – I was upset about the money I wasted on MM too. I did like their spray in conditioner that you leave in though. (I think there are two kinds – one is supposed to be more like a hair spray though) but the “shampoo” – how unbelievabley expensive! Also, some people who do no poo still do conditioner so if you are having trouble with tangles or dryness (or just miss that two step process – took me a bit to get used to that too!) – you might want to try the “CO” (conditioner only) approach to no poo. You just either do your water rinse or BS (whatever works best for you) and than use a light conditioner (regular sort that you buy or you can make your own – I have a link to site that has recipes for homemade conditioners). For me, I miss “scrunching” in leave in conditioner more which is why I like the coconut oil.

Another thing some do is to put a little bit of coconut oil in their hair right before they do the no poo routinue which is supposed to keep the hair more smooth after rinsing – I think that tends to work better on ethnic (African American) hair so if you have that sort of hair – it might be worth a try. Just don’t use too much. :)

There are lots of other things you can use to “moisturize” your hair on no poo – I used an avocado once and boy, that worked too well! My hair was definatley not tangley after that though!

ambergirl – Actually no poo works the best on curly hair! Apparently there is a book called “curly girl” which actually recommends the no poo method. This makes sense too because curly hair is often coarser and dryer than straight hair so if you skip shampoo you will not be stripping the moisture out. For conditioning, like I said above, there are lots of options.

• Hello all! I am jumping on the NO POO bandwagon! After searching for shampoo alternatives I learned about going “no poo” and eventually stumbled across this forum. I started reading the beginning of the thread a few days ago and just finished this morning! Yes, that’s right, I read the entire thread! I’m a sponge when it comes to information about anything “all natural;” so I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you all for all of the information I learned over the last few days. My plan is to eventually go “no poo” but for now I’ve diluted my shampoo immensely! I have already been using natural shampoos/conditioners from whole foods and I only washed my hair about every two to three days, so I’m hoping my transition goes smoothly. Two nights ago was my first night not doing my “normal” shampoo/condition routine. For now my plan is to massage my scalp lots and brush with my BBB (since I already had one, but didn’t really use it) before getting in the shower and using a small amount of my diluted natural shampoo and condition only the ends. I also have a water filter in my shower as the chemicals in our water are very BAD. Eventually I will ween myself off of shampoo entirely. I’m really excited to do this! I can’t wait to see the results of my hair… and my wallet! Keep the advice and comments coming and of course…Thank you, Queenfluff, for starting this awesome forum! Without it I don’t think I would have had the motivation to go no poo! (This also makes me think about the shampoo I use on my dog. It is VERY natural but regardless, I feel bad now. It’s going in the trash. Only water rinses for him!)

Hi Ducky85!

Welcome to our No poo experiment! I call it an experiment since it is a lot of trial and error while you are going through it! Sounds like you already have your transition “planned” out – great! how is your hair on the diluted shampoo? I bet it is still clean but not as dryed out?

For your dog, if you feed your dog more raw food, I bet his coat will stay cleaner. One thing that helps my cats coats (and they arent raw) since wild salmon oil – I squirt some on their dry food and their coats are so much softer and nicer than before. My long haired cat used to get a lot of mats – her coat is more finer and softer now and no mats so far. :)

Something new I am noticing with my hair is that if I rinse too often in warmer water – I am starting to get flakies on my scalp but for the past few days I haven’t rinsed and the flakes are gone. So, it seems that my scalp is more sensitive to getting dry if I use the warm water on it too often. I still need to get myself another water filter since I just moved.

• Hi All!

I’ve been following this thread for a while and have been no-poo for a month. I love it! My scalp would get really tight and my hair started shedding a lot. I have noticed that I haven’t lost as much hair since :) I can’t wait until my scalp and hair normalize. Thanks to everyone for their input and experiences.

• Hi everybody, Thanks for starting this thread, it’s been helpful and inspiring to read success stories. I heard about no poo over the summer and I stopped using shampoo in august and haven’t used anything but water and the very occasional acv bs rinse. I have not had any major problems up until now just a little more grease than usual but that’s been gradually lessening with time. Last week I looked in the mirror after washing my hair (water only) and noticed actual dandruff flakes in my hair near the scalp. I scratched my scalp to loosen the dry skin and then brushed and shook them out like the girl in the breakfast club and I was fine for the rest of the week and then this week when I went to wash my hair, I used diluted lemon juice after reading something about it on this forum. Maybe it was too strong or something but when my hair dried I had flakes again I think they were worse this time. I’m starting to be afraid to wet my hair at all. Also I usually use cool water with a little bit of warm water in between cool rinses. I think the warm water might be drying my scalp, I don’t know. It’s weird because my hair still has oil in it but my scalp is very dry. Sorry for the HUGE post. Does anyone have any ideas on why I might be suddenly getting dandruff for the first time in my life or anything that might help? Please?

• Hi queenfluff! I “washed” my hair last night for the second time on my new routine. My hair feels clean but not stripped of everything. It’s nice. I thought it was going to be grose but it’s not. What I did last night was massage my scalp after I ran (I run hard so I sweat and I used my own sweat to help clean my scalp. It’s mostly salt water anyway so it’s probably good to take advantage of it). Then I brushed with my BBB and when I rinsed my hair in the shower I split it down the middle (like you would for pig tails) and stood sideways in the shower and focused on one side at a time so I could rinse really well. Then I ran a small amount of the diluted shampoo through it for a second and rinsed it out right away instead of scrubbing like I normally would and after all that I used a little conditioner on the ends. I use shampoo/conditioner from by Avalon Organics so there isn’t anything too grose in it and I’m using a very trivial amount. So far so good! As for my dog’s shampoo, he doesn’t take many baths and only when he gets actual dirt or mud on him. He stays very clean and he always smells good naturally. I have done a lot of research on pet food and my cat and dog both eat kibble made out of raw ingredients. The meat is freezedried. You should check it out! It’s EXCELLENT pet food! Majority of the pet food in the stores is like feeding your pets McDonalds everyday, that’s why they don’t live as long as they should. (not to get off the hair subject) http://www.1doctorschoice.com/GreatLifeDogFood….
    About the flakes in your hair, since you just moved, you might be adjusting to the water.Using water on the cooler side is better for you anyway… even though a nice hot shower feels soooo good! Investing in a good shower filter would be good. I use one I bought at Sephora but don’t let that fool you. I researched shower filters and this is one of the better ones. It’s by Jonathan. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=... There are so many nasty chemicals in our water and when you take a hot shower you end up ingesting them, not to mention your skin absorbs them. If we’re here to be raw, our water isn’t helping. We’re taking two steps forward and one step back.

Hi awillow! Welcome! Have you changed your diet or anything? Our bodies are always changing and if you changed something in your diet, that could have a lot to do with it.

• MunchieMunchie Raw Newbie

So, I’ve been reading and following this thread now since December 31st. I went no poo, that day having read through I think it was at 13 pages at that point… and I read through some of the other INSANELY long threads on other sites. So, it’s been what… 45 days, no poo. I’m at the WAXY stage. I had had been having great success with no poo- without telling anyone except my husband. I also have had a persistant dry patch and dandruff in the front for the 14 years (at least), that has totally vanished!

Yesterday, for the first time, my mom was visiting (though I see her at least 3 times a week) and she joked when the last time I showered was, and I told her right before she came over and she says, “Maybe it’s time you switch your shampooes because, your hair still looks greasy.” LOL. I hadn’t told her about the no ‘poo since her reaction after telling her I wasn’t using deodorant anymore, lol. I do a BS rinse once a week, salt rinse once a week, and I rinse once with ACV. I picked up almost immediately that ACV left my hair more greasy, so, that’s why I limited it’s usage. THE WAX IS KILLING ME THOUGH, lol. It’s the first time I’ve felt in any way “dirty”. I think I’m going to try a white vinegar wash today, to see if that will help. Thanks QueenFluff for sticking with this thread for so long. :o)

I am so happy to see all the new people joining! I am so glad to it is working for everyone and that everyone is sticking it out through the bad phases – it honestly does get better..

awilliow – I have had the same problem lately too.I never had flakies before in my life too. I think it might be that I have been staying at places (i just moved) that didn’t have a shower filter and it was super cold so I was taking hot showers. I haven’t rinse my hair for a few days and the flakiness is pretty much gone – of course my hair is a bit oily and needs to be rinsed (I am going to a white vinegar rinse today since I haven’t done one for a while). But you know, I think too that sometimes I just need to comb and/or brush a little more sometimes esp. if I have been busy and didnt do much of it. I spend a longer time combing the other day and got the flakies out – it is also a lot easier to comb if I haven’t rinsed for a few days. To simulate oil to the scalp, do some scalp massages – weirdly enough, they don’t really make your hair oilier. That will also help loosen the flakes too so you can rinse them out.

The last time I rinse was about three days ago and I didn’t do as thorough a job as I usually do so I am wondering if that is what helped the flakies too. Normally I rinse for a long time like 15 minutes to get my hair really clean.

Ducky85 – Yeah, I am sure that is one of the factors – I have no shower filter where I am at now but I was staying in hotels alot during my move – the water here isn’t as hard as the water back in the Midwest where I was living so maybe my scalp and hair are in shock! Still need to get a shower filter here. I would really love to get a water softener too but it is expensive!

Munchie – Thanks! I plan to keep the thread going for as long as possible. That is so great that your dry scalp is gone! I’ll bet you were allergic to something in shampoo or your scalp was just so dryed out. It really proves how great our natural oils are for us! Definatley do the white vinegar rinse for the waxy. The waxy buildup will go away on its own eventually but why wait when you can get rid of it with a rinse. Mine was at my crown area – all the rest of my waxy had gone away except the dumb crown area – it was driving me crazy – it was all heavy and sticky – than I posted a question about it on one of the other no poo forums and a few girls answered me back with the white vinegar rinse and the portions! Worked like a charm! It never came back either! Let us know how it works! :)

• Hi again, Ducky85, I don’t think I’ve done anything drastic to my diet. I’ve been transitioning to raw with ups and downs but I don’t feel like I’m eating drastically different than I have been. Although I haven’t really been thinking about it much so I’m not sure. QueenFluff, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one dealing with this problem although I do have a shower filter (I did just change it though- maybe it was not working so well the last couple of times I used it. We’ll see if I get any better results now with t he new filter in. I should probably do some more scalp massages too. I did that more when I started no poo but now I don’t do it as much. I think I’m going to try to make sure not to use very warm water next time and aim for the hair not so much the scalp and hopefully that will keep my scalp from drying out.I’ll let you know if it works. Good to know about the white vinegar working on the waxy patches too. For quite awhile the back of my head was always very oily and I hated it. It’s not too bad now though. Thanks