Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

the brand new, all glittering 80/10/10 - 30 day challenge

191011121315»

Comments

• rawisnew re: mood – I don’t suffer from depression but i’ve noticed since i have been following 811 that my mood is much better – i’m more optimistic and relaxed (simply happier) I have kids too, and i’ve noticed i seem to have more patience now.

veganicious – re: calories – i am averaging 1500-1600 calories/day and steadily losing weight.

elbo – i’m in for july….

• Has anyone seen a substantial weight-loss this month?

• mimo22…cool, than I think I’m ok sticking to the 1500 w/activity. thanks!

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

I also think it makes you feel fantastic!

Congrats on feeling better already veganlicious…I echo el-bo in that you really should get the book.

I bought a Lot of blueberries and rasberries and cherries and am SO looking forward to freely binging on them tomorrow. Oh and I have bananas of all different ripenesses now too, lol.

• mimo22 – re: depression/mood (i’m getting the hang of replying now I guess). Today was my third day of only doing 2/3-3/4 just fruits- though it might be even higher ratio. today i haven’t had anything cooked i guess, but maybe 200 calories of junk. that was also because of logistics – i need to stock up but have been too busy. but tomorrow a friend will give me a bunch of fruit and let me pick her brain on this.

but as tonight i was thinking that i felt RAW, but not in a bad way. i feel SO GOOD, more alive and i’m just on fruit, really. oh, i hope it lasts….

• RawKRawK Raw Newbie

ejowett—so you are a little sore? how much have you been running? make sure to stretch some after a mile or so and then again after your run. i really recommend getting “the stick” to work your muscles post exercise.

as far as intake, im just eating tons of fruit all day and some greens at lunch and dinner. cantaloupe and watermelon—at least 3-4 lbs in the morning, then 8-12 bananas with spinach for lunch, grapes, mangoes, oranges, tomatoes, occasional hemp seeds later with romaine lettuce and more bananas. i take 3-4 dates in before i head out on my run. this weekend i will do a half marathon and probably take some dates along on my run so i can re-fuel midrun.

have you used cronometer to figure your own consumption? tho, you will know if you are not getting enough calories. on tuesday, i ran a 5k in 23:36 without any training for this speed…i was shot afterwards tho, and could tell i needed more energy (not enough dates i guess). your body will tell you what you need, just dont increase your weekly mileage too much. id say no more than a 20% increase any given week.

good luck—keep me posted.

• Great to see some upbeat..loving it RAW 8/1/1 guys!! woohoo

Mono mealing orange juice myself right now..

but will be sure to check in on this thread..awesome :)

• Hello, Im new to this web however I just bought 80/10/10. I begun a vegan 3 years ago , than raw back and forth but still can not lose my last 50 lb( lost 65 and need 50 more). I started 80/10/10 2 days ago but just fall again tasting cook beans and now feel horriblle. Stupid me!!! Anyway I think Dr. Graham is right about fat. I'm raw but absolutely love the raw desserts which are loaded with fat !!! Good fat but still fat. Gee and I was wondering I can loose weight having my deliciouse cheescake everyday lol. I hope I will find a support here. Thank you Elliot for starting the challenge. OOPS I just noticed you started June 1. O well I'm late but I'm in.

Monika

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

hun, you are a YEAR late! there is an 811 forum at www.30bananasaday.com, they'd probably love to give you support. 811 is clearly the way to go, for me at least. if you do go off of raw, it's really best to eat whole unprocessed foods that are naturally 811. I'd recommend making rice and potato and veggie type dishes. binging on beans or other non 811 ratio foods can really hurt you......... (they did me at least)

• Gee you right! I'm so late lol. Thanks for advice!!!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I love the 30 bananas a day forum! Go there. :)

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

ha....I third this.