Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Salt water flush

would it be a bad idea to do a salt water flush without fasting multiple days before hand (just to releave bad constipation)

Comments

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I don’t think so if you are just trying to have a movement, and not cleanse the entire system. But it seems rather harsh. Loads of water, prunes(or eating high quantities of other fruits), and/or a few TBS. olive oil generally get it going. Or taking some flax in water several times a day. Also, taking probiotic supplements if supplements don’t bother you. And if you have either, aloe, or hibiscus. There are loads more but I never can think on the spot. Hope you feel better.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

People (including me) do salt water flushes without fasting first all the time. I would recommend doing it first thing in the morning if you can; usually after eating it doesn’t really work.

Of course, extra water, prunes, and/or olive oil are all great ideas.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

the salt water flush comes up a lot. i tried it and personally i get a better “flush” from drinking a big green juice in the morning. and it seems like that much salt might be abrasive to the system. my understanding is that you “flush” because the body recognizes it as a toxin. am i missing something?

thanks!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I have had bad constipation and an all-raw diet has helped but not all the way. Dehydration is the cause for me due to medication I have to take right now. If you drink like a quart of water at once it might help you go. Also blueberries for me at least.