Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw tooth-paste

Hello everyone ^^ For a while Ive been throwing away all the products I used like shampoo, very strong soaps and shaving cream, now, is there a better option to tooth-paste? I feel like my mouth is burning when I use that thing and I dont like all the chemicals it says it has (plus the ones hidden). Thanks!

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

You could make your own! A Simple salt and baking soda mixture for a tooth powder. I make one out of salt, MSM and cinnammon. Or other oils you can too for different flavors. I just like cinnammon the best.

If you want to buy one, David Wolfe makes a Tooth and Gum Oil. I have tried it before and it is quite nice. A little goes a long way.

http://www.sunfood.com/b2c/ecom/ecomEnduser/ite…

• Thank you Queenfluff! Ill try a simple recipe and see!

• Baking soda can be very abrasive to your teeth and actually be harmful to the enamel.

Toothsoap used to be an option for me but it actually made my gums very sensitive and they started to bleed

I now use a Natural Dentist tooth paste it has no sugars, chemicals, or fluoride, and it works great my teeth no longer bleed and they are back to being white again. You could also buy a bottle of GSE and a water pic and use that for your flossing needs, it works great.

PEace

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

sea salt – sprinkle a little on a wet toothbrush.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Does anyone try charcoal? Would it be good?

I use Tom’s now… and there is one with fluoride (cringe, I know it’s not good for you… just haven’t let it go yet). I’d like to make sure something really does work. The people I met that use charcoal… we’ll I don’t think they had the best teeth either. Salt & baking soda mixture sounds good though… but has anyone used it long enough to know that it does. :-) I even wondered if raw honey (anti-bacterial) would work! haha

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i concur with sea salt. also, i find that my sonicare toothbrush is pretty efficient on its own, and i’ve been using a little coconut oil and that’s it. sometimes i use baking soda too.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I have seen raw gurus like Shazzie use a drop of food grade hydrogen peroxide in a galss of water to swill around the mounth for a few minutes. I thought about this but was worried about killing the good guys in my mouth like Intrinsic Factor which is produced there and is essential for assimilating B12.

What d’you think, is using what is basically bleach a good idea or not?

Oh, a lot of people swear by Oil Pulling. There’s a thread on here somewhere about it…it is interesting I might experiement…

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I only use hydrogen peroxide for when I’m getting strep throat – I mix it with water & gargle with it. I’m not an expert, though; I just like using sea salt – btw, it’s what David Wolfe used to use & recommend before he had a toothpaste to sell :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Thats funny Angie lol!!

• Thanks to all of you, but Im from Venezuela and I cant buy anything that is selled in USA hehehe, anyway Im trying to look for a natural substitute, something I can make myself ^^

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

ALLANTGY - i have the BEST idea for making your own soap!! salt is not a good idea, it’s too abrasive

-Liquid soap (all natural, for example Dr. Bronners is an all natural american brand) soap is a disinfectant, it will kill the germs but it’s gentle on the mouth

- Lavender oil (especially good for cleansing, and it’s tasty so it’ll overpower the soap taste) other essential oils could work too, if you can’t get lavender

in a small container mix 2 Tbsp water, several drops of soap, several drops of lavender. Dip your toothbrush in the mixture and brush! Make a new toothpaste every week so germs don’t grow. It costs only pennies per week to make!

• Allantgy – I have the same problems when using toothpastes that most store sell. I don’t know if my answer will help if your in Venezuela.

The best option (at least in the US and Europe) is to find an Indian supermarket, and look for some Ayurvedic toothpastes. My favorite is from a company called Himalayan herbals. These toothpastes are usually made solely from herbs and plants, and are completely vegetarian. You just have to make sure there is no fluoride in the toothpaste, which some of the “modern” companies are adding.

• Hello. Everyone is so kind, thank you for your wonderful advices ^^ We dont have Indians supermarkets, only arabs but they dont sell this kind of things. Venezuela is a country where you just import what you are sure is going to be selled, otherwise is better not to take the risk. And I believe at least in my city Im the only fruitarian, or well 80% fruitarian, this is due to the cost of life that Im compelled to eat some brown rice and oats. Thank you for your help, Ill see what I can do =D

• I just ordered a raw tooth soap Angela Stokes web site www.rawreform.com it comes in 4 flavors it comes in a liquid form, great for on the go and also a flake/shred form. I should be getting it next week, I’ll let you know how it works out.

• Hola Allantgy! Where in Venezuela are you? I was born in Valencia, but lived Caracas, Anaco & Merida. I am in the US now. Nice to see another Venezuelan in this path. Nathalie

• Hola Allantgy! Where in Venezuela are you? I was born in Valencia, but lived Caracas, Anaco & Merida. I am in the US now. Nice to see another Venezuelan in this path. Nathalie

• I just go my tooth soap and yes it tastes like soap! However my teeth feel soooo clean! Here are the ingredients: specially formulated soap made from saponified coconut,palm,and extra virgin olive oils and pure essential oil. NO added glycerin,sweeteners sand,fluoride,dyes,stabilizers or other materials that can damage teeth. Directions: Put one shred on a back molar and bite down. Brush gently with WET toothbrush. Rinse well 2-3 times. You can get it at: www.rawreform.com www.toothsoap.com www.Perfect-Prescription.com

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

I don’t know if it’s actually RAW, but Thieves makes a really nice toothpaste using all essential oils. They have one with baking soda, also. Actually, Thieves makes shampoos, conditioners, toothpastes, deodorants, vitamins, and all sorts of stuff! I’m sure it’s not raw (don’t know how they process it), but it’s SO much better than most alternatives.

http://www.secretofthieves.com/