body brushing

I just purchased a body brush after hearing about themfrom people on this site. I got in the mail yesterday and I was wondering can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of how to use a body brush.

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

you start with your feet and just make strong sweeping motions up from your toes to your ankles, from the bottom of your calves etc… with special attention to behind the knees. then there is some contention about whether you should brush to or away from the heart once you reach the torso, so i a little of both. =)

basically, long sweeping brush strokes, rather than quick back and forth motions.

anne wigmore and natalia rose do a good job of explaining it if you can peek into a bookstore and read that section…

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Just like pianissima said:D After I do a full body brushing, I take a plain shower, no soap, and rinse all that yucky dead skin and old skin oil away.

• After brushing I usually use a natural cucumber soap followed by coconut butter. I have very dry skin and have found this helps. I also have a dry scalp that is currently problematic. I do not wash my hair everyday and when I do, I just run my head under the water with no soap. I have been taking an omega complex as the gal from the whole food store recommended. It seems like the symptoms come and go. Could this be related to an allergy? Any suggestions?