Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Codex wants herbs and garlic illegal?

queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I am not sure if someone posted this yet if they did I apologize for posting twice. I don’t remember seeing it on here. I think we had some discussion about codex for vitamins on here though.

Apparently they want to make to all herbal supplements and things like garlic and peppermint illegal in the UK very soon? They are to be classified as drugs. How are you UK gonerawers dealing with this over there?

This seems a bit ludicrious – doesn’t this mean you won’t be able to buy garlic and herbs for cooking or making teas? What about restaurants that use this things in recipes? That will be illegal too? What about using herbs in other products – like for example hand creams and hair products?

I have been working on my natural beauty product line and some of my products will have herbs in them. grrr!!!

I was also considering taking some sort of herbal classes to become certified. This will ruin all my plans.

Boy, the doctors and pharmacy companies will do ANYTHING to make humans dependant on them won’t they?

http://www.rawcuisine.co.uk/whats-happening-to-...

On a side note, does anyone know if there is a specific site that provides good and continuous updates on this issue (maybe sends out emails) or links to groups (I am in NorCal)? If so, could you post it?

Comments

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

what the heck?? that is RETARDED. :/ So it’s okay to eat crap like McDonalds but not garlic, oh dear God, not garlic.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Exactly why I think getting into naturopathy or homeopathy withoug a medical doctor degree could be useles… that is, if Codex ‘goes through’.

My opinion: It’s better to get a degree from an accredited school. Example: It is better to become a registered dietitian than it is to become nutritionist from a non-accredited school. Or go to Bastyr to become an MD; I was told they are accredited and it is a ‘true’ Medical Doctor degree. Again, in my opinion, these people could still practice and promote a vegan (raw/cooked) lifestyle. There are doctors and registered dietitians that do this.

I don’t know much about Codex… but, I have heard about it and watched videos. Correct me if I’m wrong, but this mainly affects herbs, not real raw or cooked food… like canned, frozen, or fresh produce. Just affects supplements.

• I am sure Aspire and Meditating are definitely more informed about CODEX than myself. Hopefully, one of them will see your thread.

But from what I understand, the goal of CODEX includes food/produce. They are just starting out small by going after the vitamins. Once everyone is following suit with the CODEX vitamin standards, the rest is suppose to just fall into place. HARMonize.

Here is are some links…

Health Freedom USA http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php

Natural Solutions Foundation Codex Blog and Announcements Page http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php?page_…

Vitamin Lawyer Health Freedom http://vitaminlawyerhealthfreedom.blogspot.com/

Natural Solutions Foundation http://www.naturalsolutionsfoundation.org/

Here is an interview I just listened to. Alex Jones interview with Rima E. Laibow, M.D.

Go here… http://www.gcnlive.com/pubpod/alex/pcast.php

Go to June 03, 2008, 3:25:53 PM In bold blue font you will see 0603081 (check time to make sure you are on right link)

It was an interesting and in parts very intriguing interview. Towards the end I learned how the elitist refer to most of us as the “useless eaters” and their goal was to eliminate us.

Like I shared with a friend, just sharing. Not trying to spread fear, just trying to be AWARE.

rachel_akiko – You made me lol. :)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Yeah, it’s not just about supplements – Greens will all have to be irradiated soon, almonds have to be pasteurized already, and if people want to grow their own food they will have to get a permit from the government and follow Codex’s rules. It’s just getting crazier.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

...must abandon society…

(that’s what stuff like this makes me feel like. )

MOTH - :) focus on what you CAN do, & stop reading this crap!!! lol I feel the same way, but there’s always SOMETHING we can do, even if it is just to have a positive attitude. I believe that the ones who survived the holocaust did so in large part because they never gave up & they kept loving & reaching out to each other.

• Moth – I understand your train of thought.

But, on a different note, I believe you are right. In a sense, abandon society,...and return to Nature. Be the true Natural, Nature Loving Beings we are meant to be.

Try to look at it from a different perspective. Most of the time we tend to need to experience the negative, before we can move on to the positive.

The change is upon us, just be aware. So, you will know how to guide yourself and possibly others through it. In the end, the outcome, will be unlike anything we probably could possibly imagine. Beautiful!!!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

angie – Wow, so even growing your own food won’t be legal? Do you mind if I ask where you heard that? Is this in the works right now – or just a prediction?

I have a feeling there will be a BIG uproar to that one!

What are they gonna do go door to door and fine everyone that has a little veggie plot in their backyard? that sounds like a severe restriction of freedom.

I think I am gonna move to Costa Rica….or a desert island.

But in retrospect, people are still working to get an amendment to the raw almond issue – they aren’t giving up and I don’t think they ever will.

Simplyraw – thanks for all the links! I am hoping their is a group or something I can join to keep up on this and maybe do some protesting if opportunity comes around! :)

• QueenFluff – This 40 minute video with Dr. Rima Laibow mentions how it will become illegal to grow your own (posted by aspire)....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-526688…

At this thread we discussed Codex a lot. How growing your own would become illegal was one of the topics. Not to mention how most seeds will be GMO seeds. They are already doing this to farmers.

http://goneraw.com/forums/6/topics/4537

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

The government can blow me.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

i’m so stunned, i can’t imagine going to agrocer and find out that they can’t sell… GARLIC!!!!!

GARLIC!!

Moth – I understand your thought too… I just wonder if we can avoid eating foods that are modified… I watched a video about Monsanto, and they can genetically engineer corn to make us more passive. Mind-controlling-food? That irks me.

Yes, I don’t see how they can prevent growing our own food… maybe non-GMO food, but not GMO food.

queenfluff, if you move to Costa Rica… HP is there. They do IT/helpdesk type work for the company(ies) in the U.S. (just thinking of you and your job search)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I suspect you can still buy garlic at your grocery store; however, garlic supplements will be listed as drugs. Big Pharma is just trying to make sure they eliminate the natural competition altogether or that they be the ones who profit from it. Has anyone seen anything indicating the plan is to remove these foods from grocery stores? I think even the lazy, uninterested, stupid public will take issue with this?

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

OMG, I have understood that when I’ve read the paragraph below, hope i’ve misunderstood:

“Common foods such as garlic and peppermint would be classified as drugs, or a third category (neither food nor drugs) that only Big Pharma could regulate and sell. Any food with any therapeutic effect can be considered a drug.”

germin8 – thanks! Actually we have a friend who just set up a raw retreat down in Costa Rica – we would probably end up working and staying there! :)

Alix1962- Ha ha! You are so funny – everytime I see a funny post by you and I see your cutey kitty avatar, I always imagine your kitty is saying whatever you post! :) That is quite a bada** kitty! :)

I still can’t believe that herbs and your own veggie garden might be illegal. I am stunned. Before you know it the only things that will be legal to eat will be McDonalds crap. There must be some limit here before it infringes on our constitutional rights?

GERMIN8 - Have you read about the studies that were done with fluoridated water in World War II prison camps?

Use of Sodium Fluoride for mass behaviour control in Nazi Germany

This is just one link I picked up to post here. Check online and there are many more. Fluoride is essentially a toxic industrial by-product that corporations who make the product have convinced the government to add to our water rather than making them properly dispose it.

It makes you wonder if it is more than coincidental that the US government began recommending fluoridation of water during the cultural revolution of the 60s when people here began questioning their government.

I NEVER drink fluoridated water.

Yes, I’ve read other posts about fluoride… I’ll give it up one day… but again, I’ve got to meet people with nice teeth that don’t use regular toothpaste… I haven’t meant anyone like that – yet.

• 98% of Europe does not have fluoride in their water, plus many other countries.

Their teeth are doing just fine. Before the use of fluoride, you would find people with awful and very unhealthy teeth. Today, Americans have been brainwashed to believe they need fluoride to have healthy teeth. (water, at the dentist office, our dental wax, etc.) Where Europe is mostly 98% fluoride free with the same results as Americans. What is the difference from the past to the present…We are better aware of how to maintain and care for the health of our teeth by flossing and brushing at least twice a day. (without the need for a poison…such as fluoride.)

I am 38 yo with all of my teeth, including wisdom teeth. I have not ever experienced a cavity, so things like these are foreign to me. Results…not a fluoride user.

Germin8 – I hope this helps…lol. :)

Oh wow! That certainly helps. I didn’t know that. Maybe I need to get toothpaste made and sold in Europe! It would just make me feel better. :o)

Thanks for the info… I should check what Europe is doing… and maybe slowly wean myself off fluoride. I should probably stop eating those refined cookies I’m addicted too, also. :o)

• Germin8 – When I spoke about 98% of Europe does not use fluoride, I was refering to their water supply. I made the correction in the earlier post. I apologize for the confusion. lol

You can purchase flouride-free toothpaste at some health food stores. Years ago, on MPR (public radio station), I heard how some of the natives in Africa chew on neem sticks to clean their teeth. As I was listening to the story on the radio they said those people had some of the best looking teeth on the planet. This story has always stuck with me. It made me want to get some neem sticks for my family to chew on.

Anyway Desert Essence produces some toothpaste using neem. Just read ingredients on the back of toothpaste. I make sure we stay away from things like sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, flouride, etc..

Or better yet, you could use your own homemade solution.

Learn and Know Ingredients.

• This is happening in Canada right now with Bill C-51, our government is trying to sneak this right past us. The predict that 177 contries around the world will have passed this bill by Dec 09, Its really scary stuff

• Doomsday Seed Vault article: http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=...

Like, honestly, what is the purpose of doing something like that? I deduce it is not a good one. WHO would do that and WHY? Well…needless to say the article is very interesting!

Mediating – how do you remove the fluoride from your water? I think the only way to remove it is with one of those reverse osmosis systems right? I can’t afford on of those. I don’t use any fluroide toothpaste for a long time (and I think my teeth are pretty nice – they aren’t falling out or anything! Haha!) but I know there is fluoride in our water here. Right now, I just use a Brita filter to get out the chloride and a few other things – I don’t think that removes the fluoride though. I also use a shower filter – it removes chlorine and some other things – not sure if it removes fluoride – I wonder if you can get fluoride buildup on your skin and hair..hmmmmm? I am sure too much fluoride in your system can not be a good thing.

I don’t think fluoride has anything to do with having good teeth – I think it is your diet. Refined sugars and such are what leads to cavities. Natural foods are what they teeth want.

aliciajuliette – How are people handling the Bill C-51 in Canada? Lots protests and petitions or do most people not seem to care? Do you think it is a losing battle there? (btw, I love your kitty in your avatar -so cute!)

QUEENFLUFF - I buy water that has been subjected to RO, ionization (I think) and either ultraviolent or infrared light. It is a 3 process step. (I am so tired I can hardly think right now). Anyway, I remineralize it with a product from Trace Minerals and I have recently added prill beads to my water dispenser and I am going to run some PH tests on that in the not too distant future. I just have too much going on right now but I do want to see if I can tell any difference in it. I have a carbon filter on my showerhead and I use that water to wash my vegetables. I think when I start growing my own I am going to let them soak initially in a GSE and my shower water and then give them a final rinse. I should probably do this with anything fresh I purchase too.

I know this is going to sound paranoid but I would not put it past some corporate boogeyman to intentionally harm raw food to further support the race to irradiate everything fresh we eat. As an attorney and someone who has always owned a business, it doesn’t make sense to me that to avoid the liability associated with legitimate cases of raw food-bourne illnesses that it is cost effective to irradiate all food. There has to be another agenda going on here. Food corporations would block this if they weren’t going to get something out of it. It may just be that making the process mandatory for all raw foods is going to give those irradiating food the scale they need to make a billion, but the food lobby is much larger and more powerful so I wonder why they are going to consent. Surely their bean counters have told them it is not cost effective for them to carry the cost and passing it on to consumers makes the product more expensive. Irrdiators, big pharma, or food corps must be working together. I used to lobby and I’ve seen how these assholes work. They don’t care who they hurt to make a buck. If they wouldn’t be held accountable and could turn a profit, they would rip the arms off all our children for $.50 each.

• Meditating- was it a rhetorical question you pose regarding there must be some other agenda to the steady movement towards irradiating all our food? If not, I would be quite curious to know what you think about that feeling after watching this two-part video. It is long, but very much worth watching and I’ve no doubt it will provide some amazing information even you, as an attorney, were not aware of:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8250619…”Ring of Power” – part 1 —2 hrs 23 min

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-115834…”Ring of Power” – part 2 — 2 hours 40 min

If you have not seen it already, you may also find Ian Lungold’s information helpful and interesting to know. Also long, but quite worth it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-868926… – Part I 1 hr 30 min

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-567329… – Part II 1 hr min

QueenFluff- if you hadn’t seen the site yet, this one will keep you updated to Codex’s latest tactics:

http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php?page_…

All of SimplyRaw’s links in her earlier post(s) are fantastic ones full of valuable information to everyone of us. It would be well worth anyone’s time who is interested in their health to check them out.

Thanks for clearing that up Meditating. So, I wonder what IS in their toothpaste. The other day, my husband and I were shopping for toothpaste and I was reading and Google-ing the ingredients on my phone. It was amazing what you can’t buy at the store! We ended up with Tom’s fluoride toothpaste… well, at least everything else was natural. (Like I said, I am not ready to part with fluoride.) Thanks for that info on NEEM, I’ll have to check it out… what do you use? (maybe I missed that post.)

• I use Peelu brand tothpaste, also all natural, no fluoride, and made from Neem and I really like it. It has a very mild spearmint flavor, which I like. I buy mine at Whole Foods.

http://www.peelu.com/Historyof.html

• Germin8 -

We are currently using “Perfect Prescription Original Shreds Tooth Soap”.

Tooth Soap… interesting name for it! Thanks.

You can brush your teeth with a little sea salt sprinkled on a wet toothbrush.