Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

lazy

bittbitt Raw Newbie

i’ve gotten really lazy about uncooking lately. i just eat fruit or make salads and green smoothies. i am off work for awhile and i want to get into it again but i just don’t feel like spending all that time in the kitchen. what happened? when i was first doing this diet i loved making new stuff. perhaps i am burnt out of it. i need some inspiration.

Comments

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

I did the same thing, and then I got even more lazy, and ate twinkies. I’m allergic to those bastards. grrr. Maybe pick a new simple recipe to try. Tonight I made the veggie chili that is on this site, and it was REALLY good, and very quick and easy to make. No pre prepping! Those are my kind of recipes. Oh, I’ve been blending greens with almond butter and a bit of raw honey, and then stuffing that mixture into celery sticks, and topped with raisins. very YUM.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I truly enjoy the ease of just eating fruit, or a simple salad. I find it very satisfying. It’s so quick and easy; I never question or fret over what I’m going to eat next. I just grab an apple.

• i like eating really simply too, but lately i’ve been into buying (or picking) greens or fruit i’ve never tried before, just to keep things exciting. i bought a durian the other day for the first time, and even things like thawing it and peeling it were so exciting. as was, of course, looking up recipes and trying out different ways to eat it!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

the problem if i don’t eat enough at a meal then i just need to eat later on in a few hours. and i don’t want to get the dizzies again like i did today when i only had a green smoothie and melon until 2:30.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hi Bitt, sometimes it’s useful to make up something like a seed pate you can keep in the fridge to put on your salad the next day. If you just put some time aside when you aren’t hungry so that it’s there in the fridge. I find that very useful. You could make up some fruit/seed balls and some nice bread or a nut/veggie pattie.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

bitt – I’ve always been lazy about the food preparation, not a soaker, sprouter, dehydrator here. BUT I’m in the middle of a 10 day Master cleanse and I suddenly have the excitement back that I had in the beginning! I can’t wait for this to be over so I can make some really cool foods. It’s kind of like when I started raw and it turned food preparation on its head and made everything new and interesting again.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i’m getting a little less lazy. i made some hemp dressing and some hemp pizza crust. i really do like fruit plain and salads with all the yummy greens that i am getting from the farmer’s market these days.

• I lost a family member traumatically this winter and I was living out of a hotel for a month so I fell of the raw wagon, I was successfully vegan during that time. I have been making all sorts of raw foods lately and I’m happier than ever. Hopefully the next time I experience a stressful period of time I will remain raw. It really helps.