Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I am stuck in my colon arena! :)

I can’t freakin’ poop. I know there are forums covering this, but I can’t look over everything! I have been all raw, except for minimal salt, for 9 days. Nothing else un-raw. I have been eating TONS of fruits, some avo occasionally, and some greens. (Haven’t had a taste for greens much, but trying to eat them.) Anyway, I haven’t pooped in 2 days. I am feeling sick, and I have terrible acne all over my face/neck. Before my last BM, it was 3 days! That’s when the acne had started, but when I used the bathroom, it cleared a bit. It was back the next day, though, and much worse today. I’m sure it’s autotoxification, or whatever it’s called whenever the toxins get re-released into your system because you can’t release them quick enough. I know I just need to GO! However, I don’t want to take laxative, because it’s not raw, and I can’t poop for days after that, and it will just make my situation worst. And, I don’t have an enema bag. (I ordered a good one a month ago, but some moron neighbor stole it from my doorstep…I’m sure they loved that!) Alright, just looking for some input on what food will get this junk out fast, or anything really. Usually rebounding helps, but only if it’s already making it’s way down. At this point, it doesn’t seem to want to leave. Grr…

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

someone else posted that a tbs of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water works. I haven’t tried it, but it’s simple and worth a try. also, you can do a salt water flush master cleanse style. I have done this and it’s very effective

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

ide mix your favorite oil (olive oil , grape seed oil , flax seed oil , etc ) in with some fruit juice . say like a half cup of oil , ide think for sure that would get things moving ;-)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

before i went raw i was not going very often. like 3-4 times a week. then i started going lots more because of being raw. now i am back to every other day. this is frustrating. none of my usual tricks are working. the only thing i can think of that i haven’t done is like a cup of blueberries but they are not in season.

one other thing i have read and tried (and will try again) is to gulp down a glass of water. then wait a few minutes and gulp down a glass of water again. and one more time.

the oil i just can’t stomach. that is just unappealing to me!

• i know not everyone likes papaya, but i love it. and when i either eat it by itself, or make a big smoothie of it, i go just as smooth as silk the next morning!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Are you drinking enough water? Getting exercise? How about prunes (soak them first!).

• I don’t know if you object to this, as it’s not really necessarily raw, but I find that drinking tea helps. And actually, maybe you could somehow brew up some raw chamomille tea? I don’t know how it’s done really, but I find that regular chamomille tea helps with my stomach problems.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Water and oils help. (don’t know anything about fruit and constipation relation, sorry).

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Dandelion Root tea. Its a great blood purifier, cleanses the kidneys and liver and is a gentle laxative. ( but not habit forming!!!! and no bad rebound effects) I steep 1/4 cup dandelion root in a quart boiling water. Let it steep overnight. Strain the next AM and drink as needed. You can’t over do it particularly. Its bitter and not fab tasting as its a medicinal food. Sometimes I add a little stevia.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Got any aloe? Aloe, prunes, a large dose of olive oil, salt water flushes (which seem too harsh, but would work), lots and lots of warm water. And relax. If I am stressed I can’t. I’ll add more as I think of them. I am supposed to be packing for this week.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Thanks everyone! I went to sleep early last night, frustrated, and jumped for a few minutes on my rebounder this morning…and I went! Yay, everybody give Sarah a hand for pooping! Lol, I’m so weird.

• Yay!!! Hehehe. Well, I have experimented several things in this raw world and somedays that happens, Ive been even 3 or 4 days without going, that happened when I eated salads for several days. If you really want to go someday and you cant, eat a bunch of prunes, trust me… is worst than the best laxant in the market =D Congratulations for your…pooping? ^^

• i’m finding that my digestive system is responding to the sudden warm weather here by shutting down, so i feel your pain! it’s making me feel so tired and heavy.

i am definitely going to try the ACV thing, and i’ve also heard that a meal of just cantaloupe can be very helpful.

• it sounds like to me you are detoxing too fast… some of the symptoms you describe are what can happen when too many toxins are cleansed form the system and the body cannot get rid of them they start to get reabsorbed(acne,etc..) i know many would dissagree, but perhaps a bit of cooked food(sensible whole cooked food-brown rice, steamed veggies, etc..) will help the freight train get movin. I know that when i was beginning, my largest eliminations would take place immediately after a small cooked meal consisting of these types of foods…. Just offering some of my own experience, as well as a bit of insight from the much maligned Natalia Rose’s Raw detox diet. I know many raw foodies do not consider her a raw foodie, but her book has greatly helped my wife and I. As of Today,(we started April 6th i believe), we have lost a total combined weight of 68 lbs!!, and feel great, so some of what she has said that we followed is working!! Good luck to you and your journey to clean colon city!

• I agree with you geespeen. Cooked food like rice in the japanese style (Without salt and oils). Now if you are 100% raw and dont want to fall off the wagon then just be patient!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i’m still stuck. i have aloe but i am not sure how to prepare it from the leaf. just lick out the inside? and what is the ratio for salt water flush?

• i’m not sure about the ratio for the salt water flush since i’ve never done it, but as far as the aloe, after you fillet it and get all the good gunk inside, you can throw it in a blender and mix it with any fruit you want, like strawberries or cactus. rawmodel has a video on youtube called something like “love in the desert smoothie” where he demonstrates how to fillet an aloe leaf and use it for a smoothie.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Sarah,

Yay! Congratulations. Bet you feel a lot better.

I do, but now my stomach is doing odd things. I just drank a couple glasses of water, but when I started drinking I felt nauseous. Anyway, I all of the sudden, felt something moving around in my intestines…that was what caused the nausea. Anyway, it’s exciting, because I know some junk is going to come out next time. And dude!!!....my husband had the most horrid number 2 this morning. It was definitely detox junk, stuff that’s been in there for AWHILE. Severely disgusting. Just thought I’d share…haha.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i was at the plant store…buying more aloe that looked juicier than what i had (after I watched rawmodel’s video i realized my little plant was not going to cut it)...and nature called. but it is good to have better aloe on hand. water can for sure help. i had just drank loads of it.

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

flax seed is a good laxative. Make smoothies with two tablespoons of flax. I’ve dealt with constipation in a BAD way. Maybe some of the old sludge build up in there is breaking away, and getting stuck. I wouldn’t worry about being 100%, and just have some smooth move tea. Eat a pound of cherries or plums. LOL I can tell you, once you get some of the build up out of there, you will poop constantly. At least 2-4 times a day.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i wish! something is being stirred for sure but not coming out. the aloe vera with watermelon did not do much this morning. perhaps i need to eat the whole plant? I only have a small one and it cost $5.99. I suppose it is cheaper than $80 colon hydrotherapy. still saving for that one.

• Southernlover,

I am like you! Whenever I take salads for consecutive days, my bowels will not move until I start introducing cooked stuff, especially meat. It’s been like this since I started my raw lifestyle last year. I have figured my constitution is probably not made to accept a completely raw diet.

• chia seeds will help with constipation. ( i went through this too ) yuk. i feel for you!

• The research I have done on kombucha tea shows that it does wonders for this, even for SAD eaters. You may can find it in health food stores (get the real bottled unpasteurized kind). I am going to get a scoby which is the fungi thing and brew my own for fibromyalgia. Rosemary

rose hebrew…question…I saw on another forum that you needed an excalibur. Do you still need one? I have one that I’m trying to sell. I have only used it 3-4 times. Bought it a couple months ago. Let me know, and maybe we can work something out that’s feasible.

• you need FIBER, greeens, greens, greens!!!! southernlover, i saw in another forum that i was reading…it said you lived in dallas, so do i! if you ever have raw vegan problems/questions dont hesitate to call me, im always up late! my names arianna and my number is 469.951.1151. i’d be glad to answer any poop questions you got haha