Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

good news!

pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i want to hear it. links, articles, songs, whatever.

give me some good news about great things that are happening in the world. i know they exist! and now more than ever we have to pay attention and tune in.

i recently watched a documentary (care of aspire) that tilted my understanding of the world to shed a new positive light.

consciousness is expanding and we are proof. this site would not have existed 10, 20 years ago… because we wouldn’t have been on the internet… and because there were fewer of us. there is more mention of all sort of things “new age.” mentions of conscious co-creation, and more and more people thinking that they are the makers of their destiny, indeed, that we are all divine beings.

let’s prevent fear and spread some good news…

here is the documentary link for “the mayan calendar comes north,” which will be my contribution.

part one

part two

now you’re up. =)

Comments

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

Thanks, meganthevegan! I’m so happy you liked it!

• here’s two videos I love watchin, especially when I’ve been sittin on my butt too loong infront of the computer. Wow, that mayan video was absolutely fascinating to watch! It’s so cool how many great documentaries are free online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipo9SXBDLw0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4qahsyO-II

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Great topic! Good news! I was asked to give a 2nd raw food class, specifically about germinating and sprouting, at my church! People want to know! I’m excited. :o)

And, we just got our first-year CSA. The asparagus is amazing raw and freshly picked!

Plus, I helped someone through their first 100 days of raw! Mainly making food and guiding them to raw websites here and there… and other things.

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Hmmm. I just put a pair of my small jeans on yesterday. Despite our very NASTY weather, my kale is growing beautifully. There is some talk of a farmers market in our small town this year. newbie mentioned the fireflies. We have LOTS OF BEES! Our flowers on our trees actually bloomed nicely! It is my birthday on Friday, and I am planning a hike instead of going out to eat, and having cake!

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

last night, my cat didn’t come in for the night. I hear this meowing at 11:45pm. I go to the front door and what do I see? I big deer at the bottom of my steps eating grass and my cat sitting in front of it, meowing at it, and this look of affection on his face. My cat was communing with the deers! How awesome!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

these rock. i’ve checked out every single one of them and what a great momentum to see things change for the better…

my good news today: a local fruit and veg stand just opened at the end of my street. i had reluctant to purchase anything because none of it was organic… well, lo and behold, today i drove past and a new big white sign sign read “local and organic!” i can bike there! so two intentions fulfilled for the summer: eat locally, drive less.

• KelleySKelleyS Raw Newbie

My favorite band, Shearwater ( http://shearwatermusic.com/ ) recently released their new album, Rook. It is a masterpiece. I saw a special performance they did last week in which they played the new album in it’s entirety with strings, woodwinds, and a harpist. Beautiful. They’re doing an instore performance tomorrow at Waterloo Records, and I am very excited!

You can hear the whole new album on their myspace… www.myspace.com/shearwater.

They are a wonderful, rare talent. Pure, beautiful, honest music. Wonderful people, too. I think a lot of you all would appreciate and enjoy it.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

One of the happiest weeks of our life here – my husband’s non-profit purchased an amazing historical paint factory thanks to the extreme generosity of the Annenberg foundation, fulfilling the fortune I received at a Buddhist temple in Thailand which said that a “benefactor will bring happiness to you.” Here’s the news story and a photo of this gorgeous property: http://www.gloucestertimes.com/punews/local_sto… http://www.whalesandwolves.com/images/glou/pain… Great idea!

• i come home to a flyer in my mailbox that’s annoucing the new farmer’s market that is coming to my town a BLOCK away from me!!!! and it’s open late enough that i can make it after work! yay!

• One name: Barak Obama. Hallelujah!

My brother is pretty amazing. If you’re interested he has a beautiful vantage point that he shares on line, here’s his website: http://mchatton.com/ Music and drawings and puppets for all ages. I think he’s a vegan dreaming Dr. Seuss/Shel Silverstein! xoxo

• Aww heartshaped sky, your brother is super talented! Thanks for sharing his amazing work, I really enjoyed it!

• Oh Oh! I have great news!!! Cafe Gratitude is going to be building a location in Sacramento (where I live) in 2009!!!!!

That is GREAT news!!!!

• waow yeah that was such a mind altering film, have you had a peek at the website…tis fun.

i’ve been getting into different people’s blogs..HARDCORE this week…like staying up all day and night cos i’m so excited at this information. well, anyway these blogs tell funny things, great things, things good to look at, world changing things hahaha and i just found this minutes before i read your post

:

• Here’s another great uplifting movie about the changes in consciousness that are happening in the world: “The Moses Code.” I went to the world premiere at Agape in Culver City and got to hear a panel of people in the movie/that made the movie talk, and was inspired all around. http://www.themosescode.com/

And I’d been emailing a couple of months ago with the Cafe Gratitude people and they have a spot picked for my neighborhood in LA, too! :)

• I use this as my homepage. It gives me good news every day. Enjoy.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

My husband ChrisCarlton made the best raw lasagna I have ever tasted last night, It was out of this world. He also made the best raw curry and stew I have ever tasted, I ate then each for about 3 days in a row, oh they are amazing! I promise I will post the recipes soon. Believe me, this is very good news ;)))

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

And, there is a little village near us called Todmorden. We went there for a raw meal benefit night at the weekend. They are maiing their little village 100% food self sufficient. They have planted food in the roundabouts, on the sides of the roads, in the railway station, and guerilla planted veggies, herbs and fruit trees in ever available spot. You can wander around the village and pick all the food you need right there for free! It is an amazing project run by raw vegans called “Incredible Edible”. I think every town should have a project like this. Their whole village has got behind it.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

All this is wonderful to read!!! Keep it coming!

here’s one I found: Divorce Rate in U.S. Hits 37-Year Low America’s per capita divorce rate has declined steadily since its peak in 1981, dropping by one-third to its lowest level since 1970. Divorce rates in England and Wales have fallen as well

oh these are so great! keep them coming. i knew this stuff was out there… =)

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

The best news is, soon, God will restore the earth to it’s original paradise state. and we will all become perfect again-it’s all there in his word the bible. What could be more comforting than that?!

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

good news? personally, I am going on 8 days with greatly reduced antidepressant meds. I have been on meds for 15 years, and am down to a half dose every other day, and hope to be totally off them in a month. This is huge for me, and I have raw foods to thank for it.

On the world front? The dolphin population in the Pacific are finally increasing after being depleted from tuna fishing nets. That makes me smile.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

the fireflies have returned to my yard this year, and this year, there’s a new, bigger species among them. I’ve never seen one like this before, but it was bigger than the usual and had white markings on the back of its head. Also, my yard is buzzing with bees!!!! yes! last year, they disappeared during Spring, but this year, they are everywhere. I love bugs

• “Megatrends 2010: The Rise of Conscious Capitalism” by Patricia Aburdene gives me great hope for the future! This is a great book and discusses the coming changes in business and work ethic.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have 3 little tomatoes growing on my tomato plants! And the sun is shining today! And I finally caught up on laundry! And I have veggies in the fridge! :)

congratulations amysue! and newbie that story is AMAZING about your kitty. awwww.

nycgrrl- that’s great about divorce. didn’t know that!

good news of the day: i had my first local salad of the season! local organic cilantro, red leaf lettuce, watercress, and sorrel! it was OUT OF THIS WORLD.

also, little fortuitous events keep happening to me… for ex. yesterday i walked into a music store to get my guitar re-strung and the man ended up offering me a job teaching piano lessons.

congrats pianissima! i love your music on myspace!

thanks heartshapedsky! i loved your brother’s as well. =)

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

That’s great pianissima! I love the good news. Today we were at a barbecue and everyone was eating burgers and dogs, but I was waiting patiently for it to be over because I knew I was having KELP NOODLES for dinner and I couldn’t wait! They just came into to our health food store and I’ve been waiting forever, so I just happily finished my “Cashew Chow Mein” from this site and loved every bite.

• I just found a BIG patch of lambsquarters in our field. Free greens for smoothies and salads!! Whoot!!:)