Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Global 24-Hour Water Fast Saturday 14th June

2»

Comments

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

Karmyn girl, that sounds an excellent idea. Glad to have you with us.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I woke up and didn’t feel like eating anything. i’m still debating due to a raw food meetup today (although I suppose i could go and not eat). Mainly because i am detoxing from this medication i feel like maybe it is a sign to let my body rest from digesting.

• 11:00am, and all is well, but I do miss my morning green juice.

• 9 in the evening here

all’s well

:o)

• wow…so it’s 11:20pm (25 hours down) for me….gonna get me some sleep…ready to break my fast tomorrow morning…..the bananas on my counter are looking even more enticing than they have been during my 80/10/10 experiment

must stop thinking about it before i cave in and fail

hope everyones had or is having a good fast…it’s been good for me…maybe i’ll do this more often, though without the knowledge of so many others doing it, it might be difficult…..who knows…i may even wake up tomorrow and feel like extending it….

so many choices, so little time

peace

elliot

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

i’m in too! i’ve been having a cooked food rage this whole past week and i really need this! knowing that the rest of the world is doing it too should help! i think i’ll be using the distraction strategy too… good luck everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS, EVERYONE!!!!!

It’s 8.30 am UK now, which means it’s past midnight everywhere else, which means the Global 24-Hour Water Fast is over.

I once read somewhere that when you go raw your eyes shine! The weird thing is, I don’t think my eyes shine all the time, but when I ‘connect’ with other raw people, either face-to-face, or online, I can feel my eyes starting to shine!

I broke my fast with watermelon, and was disappointed to find I’d bought one of those anaemic pink seedless ones! So I made myself feel better with two papaya. Oh, and then a banana-cacao smoothie. Now that might all sound a bit excessive, but the last is only because my son asked for one, and you know…there was some left over, and….

I’ve felt so excited every time I’ve started to answer the frequent groups of messages in the inbox, and it’s great to know that so many of you, ie the first-timers, have done something that you weren’t quite sure (or even strongly doubted) that you could do!

To all those who are continuing beyond the 24-hour point, I’m going to use my disclaimer/get-out now…I know there are huge benefits to going beyond 24 hours, but you will now need to research independently for support, as I feel ‘qualified’ to encourage and support for a 24-hour fast only. And most of the material I have read on fasting recommends supervision by a professional after the three-day point.

Best wishes to all of you, and thanks to all who have committed. I’d say the easiest way to get through a fast is to organise a global one. Constantly checking into several forums and answering the messages certainly makes the time go quickly!

Love to you all, Debbie

• so…the morning afterr…nearly 36 hours without food and i feel great….not the tiniest bit of hunger

so i’m gonna run with it….no goal or target, i’ll wait to see how much further i can go

thanks for the impetus to start something i’ve wanted to do for a long time…and thanks for the support that allowed me to get over the huge, 1st-day hurdle

peace :o)

• :o)...well, that didn’t last…..

40 hours down and gave in to the bananas

definately worth doing….may do again..sonner rather than later

thanks everyone

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I going solo tomorrow, Monday. Wish me luck!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I really wanted to do this fast, but my parents were in town this weekend. However, I am going to do it on Monday.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I skipped breakfast and lunch and slept a lot. Then I woke up very dizzy. I ate half a melon. Oh well, I tried! Good luck everybody who is doing it Monday!

Carmentina, Moth and Bitt

I almost didn’t check into the thread again, but glad I did!

Bitt, if that’s longer without food than you’ve gone before – that’s success.

Carmentina and Moth – very best wishes for your Monday fast.

Love, Debbie

It’s now 1pm and strangely still no hunger! I guess that’s cuz I’m high raw. Just a question here for debbietook: for detox purposes I’d like to water fast maybe even weekly, say every Monday. Do you think that would be effective and would it slow down my metabolism? Thanks for your help and for starting the whole thing!!

Ok, I did my one-day water fast and it was a breeze! I really want to do it more often. Debbie Took, are you out there? Could you answer my question above? I know the site was down for a while and hope you will check back to this thread you started. Thanks :)