Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

tampon alternative...

2»

Comments

• yes

• Sea spongers RAWK!!!! I've used them, for about 2 years now, such a money saver too!

• Thank you so much for mentioning this! I do have a tilted uterus, and I was just about to buy a diva cup. I will stick with my reusable organic flannel pads. You just saved me a lot of hassle. Thank you so much!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

*hehe* Animal? That's kinda funny. I never thought of that. :o)

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

I have to say that I'm not a fan of the "cup" devices. Not to get in to too much detail but, when I tried it, it made me uneasy because it leaked before and felt like it would leak again - that just made me nervous while I was wearing it. Plus I thought it was a bit messy when you take it out...

Now, a reusable sponge? What a great idea I never thought of! Thanks everyone!

• Bluebells-Yes they are.

• I'm a newby with the diva cup, but so far have found it REALLY DIFFICULT to get out!!!!! Also leaks, but that may be that getting it removed takes so long, I keep putting it off!

• Hi there :) My experience with the Diva Cup is that they work just as well as tampons. They DO leak on me every time and I have to wear a liner of some sort, especially if at work where the dress code is khaki pants >: [] It's not a ton but about the same amount that a tampon would if it needed changing. I am going to buy some glad rags or something similar to that to wear with the diva cup, because I hate having to use throw aways AS WELL!

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

The Diva cup is great, but you might need to try both sizes. I have both, and switch them like tampons--using the bigger one on my heavier days, and the smaller one at the very beginning and very end. This might seem pricey, but I was spending at least $10 a month on organic tampons, so the cups paid for themselves quickly.

Urine is the perfect cleanser if you're in a public restroom--unless you have a UTI. It takes a few tries to get used to how it should fit, and how to take it out comfortably, but I think it's really worth it. I do need some kind of pad as backup protection on my heaviest day.

• MishimooMishimoo Raw Newbie

I have a Diva cup and I love it! For those who leak and can't get it in right, try this:

1. Fold it as instructed in the box.

2. insert it until it pops.

3. Turn the cup side to side to make sure is positioned right.

4. And this extra step will save you from leaking, insert a finger and make sure your cervix is not on the outside of the cup.

5. I still use panti liners :( since sometimes I can't go to the restroom to check on it or empty it, but I'm looking for an alternative...

As for cleaning it in a public bathroom, I carry some wet wipes with me and a water bottle....I honestly don't care what others hear near me LOL!!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

*hehe* Mishimoo... well, I care about what others "see" through the gaps between the bathroom stall doors.

BTW, that is all good advise. I switched from Diva Cup to tampon a couple times... and the smallest tampon (which was the one I used before) doesn't do the job anymore... I wonder if Diva Cup "expands" things "down there" and I need the 'thicker' tampon? I haven't figured that out since I was just using up what I had left (tampons, pads, etc) and haven't bought anything since Diva Cup.

• VSmithVSmith Raw Newbie

There are so many benefits of using a menstrual cup such as it is skin friendly, environment friendly, infertility issues. My neighbor is a parent of two little kids and she had some infertility issues, hence she tried IVF using menstrual cup and the results are pretty good.