Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

the good side of eating SAD

anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Perhaps a provocative title, but i have discover good things after eating SAD again for some days. The first one isn’t good, because feeling guilty isn’t very pleasant. But i have discover too:

1. my allergy came as fast as i begun eating cooked

2. i need more rest and sleep eating sad

3. i need to eat a lot of cooked food to feel myself satified!!!

This last point has been which has surprised me.

It’s hard to stay again in the very begining, but i think that the things i’ve felt eating sad are a positive knowledge. So, i’m again satarting my transition feeling that eating raw (or high raw, i eat bread) has bigger influence that i thought (i thought that, but i didn’t really know until now).

Far enough, thank’s for reading!

Comments

• I’m sorry I guess I don’t see how any of these things are good.

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

Yea i notice the same stuff when i started to eat a few cook items. Crazy isnt it.

• Yeah I missed the plot to. Whatever choice you make just make sure you have a good relationship with food. If you don’t enjoy eating raw why do it. Not speaking of or picking on anngoingraw, but I read a lot of post nowadays where people just sound miserable trying to eat a certain way, and I am not sure that I really understand why people do this. Who’s counting your raw % but you, its not a game or even a contest. I think the whole SAD vs RAW thing or glittering 811’s is just getting out of hand.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

ardesmond & emmie21—here’s the plot (i get you ann!): ann has rediscovered the effect of food on her overall health. sometimes you need a little bad to realize what good is. get it? =)

i’ve been doing the 811 thing for a week now and i think it’s fun to try different ways of doing the raw thing… otherwise, how would you know what works best for you? i certainly don’t feel miserable. when it gets to be a battle with yourself, then i think you’re in the danger zone, going too fast. eating naturally should feel, well, natural.

• Oh OKAY I’m on board.. Sorry i am at work, must have read thru the post to quickly =:o

• Good explanation/synopis pianissima.
    And thanks for sharing your experience anngoingraw.
    Cheers, gg13 :)

• anngoingraw-I totally understand what you are saying, and have experienced some of the same things! I think that sometimes it is good just to prove to yourself that there really is something to SAD vs RAW! We have been pretty brainwashed, and it is just like light bulbs coming on in a cave, you keep thinking “how can this be?”!!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i am curious as to why you went back to eating SAD, for curiousity, convenience, health? i guess it seems like it was an experiment. i too have done that. when i had been off wheat for 10 years and hadn’t had a reaction in several years, i wondered if i could eat it again. i ate a vegan donut. yes, i was sick. but now it is fresher in my memory and it gives me more motivation for staying off of it. so, i get you too.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Amazing, isn’t it?!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I understand exactly what anngoingraw means. At first, it isn’t evident reading the post but I knew she had a positive message in mind. Meaning that when you do raw and you go back to eating any cooked (which pretty much all of us have done -admit it!) you really start notice how you body reacts to it. It is alot easier to see what causes your problems (in anngoingraw’s case, allergies, tiredness and eating too much).

For myself, I notice what certain cooked foods do to my moods – one is the vegan soy products. I get moody and sad within a few hours after eating them. I never noticed it before but I think begin more raw my body is more sensitive now and I have reaction to these things. I notice the sleep thing too but what I notice more is HOW I sleep – my sleep seems less restful on cooked than on raw. As as now, I still need 8 hours at least but maybe that will change some day.

• oh, i get it now I was just alittle confused over the wording

• Funny you should post this, anngoingraw, I have had similar experiences! giving cooked food a shot and then realizing oh yeah, I actually am not missing out!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have had this experience even when the cooked food I ate was not the SAD. I had to eat more to get the nutrition my body was asking for, so I gained weight that I didn’t need, & it seemed I couldn’t get enough vegetables – because they were stir-fried or whatever other way cooked & I wasn’t getting the same nutrition from them.

• I totally get #3 – I fell off the raw wagon (defeated by cravings and the conveniance of SAD) and I just realized today that when I eat that way, I don’t feel good! And I missed feeling good.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I’m so sorry, i didn’t want to make a confussing message. English isn’t my “mother language” perhaps that is why my post is so unclear. I have to thank pianissima for her fast explanation of my point. I have been eating raw (but bread) for 2 months more or less, after that eating “SAD foods” make me sick (and i felt guilty). So that wasn’t good. BUT i have learnt things i dind’t know, or i knew them in a “theoretical level” but not in a “experience level. That is why i call for a good side of eating SAD or, in general, the bad options teach us too, so the bad has its positive side. (I don’t know if this has been more confusing than my intial post).

bitt- I didn’t eat SAD to make an experiment (it was due to “social circumstances” and busy week) but finally it has become an experiment, because it has had the same result, i’m happy for that.

As gorawmom says brainwhasing is so deep, and i have realized after trying “SAD food” again. I mean, in my 2 months raw i have felt improvements (in my allergy, in PMS, some weight lose…) i have not had any spectacular/miracle change, it has been when i’ve eaten cooked things again when i have realized of the magnitude of the difference between my “cooked health” and my “raw health”.

So, my intention with this message was to send a positive message (as queenfluf pointed): even when you do something you didn’t really want and/or something bad for you, there is a positive side: what you have learnt.

Sorry very much for the confusion and my bad English (i suppose that my posts not just this are full of all types of errors), and thank you so very much for reading and all your answers!!

• how long did you eat raw (what percent?) before your allergies went away? A have a long list of them (see my profile page for details).

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I noticed some improvement very quickly like 1 week later. After 2 months i had symponts in the morning (running nose and sneezes), but during the day i was all right. (Doctor told me that i was alergic to “acarus”, didn’t make more poves to see if something more was involved. I tell you because i have seen you have allergies related to food)