Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Feed the monster

On Rhio’s website, I read a cute little story about a little girl who imagined that a monster was fixing to make an apearance. Her mother asked her what they should do, and she said that they would just FEED the monster! Well, I kind of thought about that today as I began to get temptation to eat some cooked food. I know that cooked food will not make me feel well, but I wanted FAT and I had already had a handful of almonds. I know that staying below 10% fat is probably best for an adult’s diet, but right now my body is acting like a MONSTER! So…I decided to feed it, but to feed it raw. Half an avacado and tomato with salt was all it took, and the monster was happy! Transition is a Bear, but if I remember to feed the monster in a way that makes us both happy (mind and body), we will get along great! LOL! Oh, and I’ve got to tell you all what bj said today after he drank the juice of 6 oranges, one lime, and one lemon. He said that the difference between being full on Sad, and on Raw, is that Sad makes your tummy feel full, and Raw makes your whole body feel full! :) Happy Happy!!!!!

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I love hearing your progress – Thank you for sharing! What is Rhio’s website? I love her book :)

• Sorry, angie, here is her website address. http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/ I am always glad to see your progress and learn from your posts! Thank you!

We are doing pretty good. bj is still totally raw. Says he is afraid of what he would do if he ever gets off of raw. He has lost 50 lbs, now, and is loving to wear his formerly outgrown shirts and pants! I have lost 15 lbs, but I keep going back to the SAD pig slop! Gotta stop that!!! jj has lost down to his ideal body weight! He is looking good, but is sooo picky with his raw food! Today he told me he does not like blue berrries! Can you imagine? Any way, I blended them with almond milk and a banana, and he ate them ok that way! :) Happy Happy!!!! LOL!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

that’s a cute story. i am so happy for your sons! i’ve been reading that it takes less time for them to detox back to health than adults. maybe they also feel the effects quicker? you’ve got a lot more time to have build bad habits, ones that are hard to break. thank goodness you have a great support group right at home.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

bitt that is so true. i had to watch a dad force feed a child a corn chip cuz she thought it was gross. i was like, “why start THAT addiction? that seems like a pretty good choice to me!” we know everything, take part in a huge forgetting, and have to learn all over again.

that’s awesome gorawmom. so true about the different kinds of “fullness”—from my detox i know that greens (edible oxygen) are VERY helpful when i am craving fats, and also just getting outside and breathing some clean oxygen. it’s amazing how many times i forget to just BREATHE!

• I had a monster today too. 1/4 cup of raw walnuts satisfied it too, but it is amazing how quickly that ups the fat level for my day!! i know that can very too, and it does not have to be overly rigid, but man that took me to 26% for the day in fats! those monsters sure have strong wills!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master
    Awww, that’s cute.

the difference between being full on Sad, and on Raw, is that Sad makes your tummy feel full, and Raw makes your whole body feel full!

• oh this hits home for sure! I’ve been trying to go around the fat craving and eat other filling things but finally caved and have had some nut butter and avocados everyday this week. I don’t usually eat much fat but oh man, the monster asked for it so what can I say? I feel amazing for satisfying the craving and now those stories I’ve heard about how some people can finish off a jar in one sitting don’t sound so crazy, that stuff is amazing!

pianissima, so true about having to remember it all now. Makes me think about how awesome it’d be to grow up in a raw family.

• germin8-I thought it was cute, too, and so true! He is lovin’ his liquid sunshine! I have to watch him, or he will want oj all the time. He says it is good enough for Storm, so why not him? I told him that he is just not ready to eat like Storm, yet. Yes, bitt, it, does seem to be harder for us oldies! chicagomama and noff-Won’t it be great when the monster finally is happy with just oj and romain?!!! I am looking forward to the day I can eat romain without dressing, and the smell of meat and baked potatoes turns my stomach! pianissima-I think that I will try more greens. I do believe that trasition calls for more greens than I will need later. Spinich and bibb lettuce can almost taste creamy, so they would be good ones to eat at those times! I think it is better to just enjoy raw instead of trying to be so restrictive with the percent of fat. You know, stop and eat the roses! LOL! And I do find myself having to remind myself to breathe deep, but I do feel like I am almost like…CRAVING deep breathing more than before! Any way, I ordered the rave diet book for my husband because of chris’ suggestion. It says if you keep fat intake under 20 then it will guard against heart disease. That is more do-able for me right now! I think that even up to 25 for kids is appropriate. By the way, Rave is not RAW! It is just something that I hope is going to help us meet in the middle.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I’ve been having major fat cravings this week too and made a cashew cheese that I’ve been devouring. I had been sticking to lower fat and only some sunflower seed cheese no real nuts or oils but this week different story. I even gave into a desire for pretzels with peanut butter! yikes! back on track today though

Fat is not bad! Feed your monster :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i didn’t mean to suggest raw fat was bad, just that sometimes i confuse fat cravings for green cravings. it’s easy to test that theory. if you crave fat and start eating greens and that does it, great. if you need fat, then you can still have it. =)

Oh, thanks :) I have become more aware of my cravings, too, and I’ve also discovered that my body wanted more greens for a long time, and I was giving it other things instead. So I get your meaning in that light – I now eat greens and can’t seem to get enough some days. Amazing to realize that a couple of years ago I ate greens only a couple of times a week, and now I really feel something missing if I don’t eat lots of them every day!

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I love this new concept: “feed the moster”!! I suppose that “the monster” will become “my body needs” after some time (perhaps long time) being raw, but it is great to have that monster until that “wise body” arrives.

• That was interesting, angie, all three times! LOL! (I know that this site sometimes stutters! LOL!)

• anngoingraw- I have learned that I may as well make peace with the monster, because after all, I looked in the mirror and he was me! Yiiiikes!

yes! sometimes the hardest is to be in peace with oneself, and not in a constant battle as if we were “bicefalic” or so…

• It’s true that sometimes ‘the monster’ becomes confused or just plain lies to us. I find that if I drink my smoothie and have some fruit first thing in the morning, I realize in the afternoon that I “forget” to have my morning coffee – and other things I think I crave. I don’t even want it/need it. It is true about the greens….pure goodness that nourishes the body, mind, spirit.

• bicefalic? Hmmm, you went way over my head! Which reminds me of streaching, which reminds me of exersise, which is something that I am begining to crave. Strange, isn’t it? Sad eaters have it backwards, they exesise so they can eat, and I am learning that Raw makes you able to eat to feel more like exersizing. Which really is the key in this discussion about fats. If fats inhibit our uptake of oxygen, then woulden’t our monster crave fats when we are really needing to exersize? I dunno. Kind of conveluted thinking, there, but I think that next time I may try a new formula. How about 1.oj 2 exersize, 3. greens, and if I still want the fats I will go ahead and indulge after all that. Well, I guess it is true, the last frontier is my body, and I am ready to conquer it! Tally ho!

sorry, what is “oj”?

did’nt know anything about fats and inhibition of oxygen intake, i suppose that is true for raw, good fats too, isn’t it?

“bicefalic”, i mean with two heads, sometimes it seems than two sides are both fighting (ie. one asking for chocolate, other saying “no, no, no”), but both those sides are myself, so better to try to be in peace, feeding the monster!

• anngoingraw: OJ = orange juice.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i have a big, bad cacao monster!!!!!!!

Thanks KAIT, i’m learning a lot in this forum, and not just on raw issues! Does BTW means “by the way”?

• gorawmom- i just read somewhere that you are from angola, IN (i think it was you!). that’s so strange, because i grew up in auburn! i lived in fort wayne for about ten years, and just moved to maine last month. small world, huh?!

• culdesaccharine- That is cool that you live in Maine! My secret desire as a child was to move to Maine! My husband had the same desire as a child, and we did visit several years ago, and loved it, but so far, no plans to move there. Do you like Maine?

anngoingraw- I had learned about the fat inhibiting oxygen from somewhere, I am not sure where. I think from a Dr. Graham speech. I am more careful about my fat intake, now, but I am not trying to keep it under 10% like is recomended on the 8/10/10 diet, and the RAVE diet. Lowering my fat intake is just making me go more raw since I learned to love animal fats especially butter after I married my husband who taught me (by default) lots of bad eating habits! Good fats are good,but are still fat, so it is good to monitor your overall fat intake. I have had candida problems (mostly in my head- litterally) since the time I was a teen. I started blaming sugar of all forms, but have recently learned that fat can even be more at fault because of making a person sluggish in movement and breathing! Yeast loves anorobic environments, and will not grow well even on syrup if it gets too much oxygen.

bitt- I have become leary of all the cacao hype because it is a stimulant which will disrupt normal bodily processes to give it’s little “high”. Plus I do not think that it is raw. I think it is toasted like coffee bean. Not sure, but I think that is why it is so dry. I must tell you about bj! (I hope you all don’t get tired of hearing about him, but he is just so amazing! :) Anyway, we went to Walmart last night to get some fruit, and I found some very large peaches in amongst the smaller ones. I got a bag of them, and bj started eating one on the way home. He said it was the best thing he has ever tasted, and indead I must attest to the fact that they were good as I took a little bite. About half way through it he let out a whoop and said, “Mom, It’s ELECTRIC!” He said that his whole mouth started tingling, and he got such a high that when we got home he started running around! He is still almost a 300 lb. 15 yr. old, but his transformation is just amazing! Who would have thought that a peach would impart “electricity”? It never happened before, but now he says that it happens every time. He said that his brain is getting clear and his receptors are opening up! I had to tell him to quit working out, and go to bed! LOL! He used to just lay around all the time! Sorry if this is long, but I am just really amazed at this whole thing, and just want to encourage others! I am about 1 month behind him because of my lack of total belief, but bj is living proof right in front of my eyes what raw can do!

gorawmom – Thanks – once again – for sharing your & bj’s progress! He IS amazing!!! I am inspired by him :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

go raw mom yeah i think cacao is a little to the evil side but it’s better than so many other things out there (like coffee) so i go to the dark side now and again.

BJ sounds so cute. I am so glad he is finding his raw journey rewarding.

• The dark side! Ha ha! :> bj is they type of person that is never quiet! Well, unless he is eating raw spaghetti, which he is doing right now! We just tried it two nights ago, and it is awesome! We have been tweeking the recipe, and it is oh, so good no matter how we make it! I have been so worried about trying recipes, because I do not want to waste food by making something that no one likes. Sometimes it can seem a bit overwhelming to me because I do not know any one else that is raw! We did try cacao for a while, but bj is really getting very good at knowing what is raw and what is not, by how it makes him feel, or if it makes him feel addicted, or unaturally drawn to it.