Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mercury Detox - Help

Hi everyone, about a month ago I removed 5 silver (mercury) amalgam fillings from my mouth, it was a long time that I was thinking about doing that as the idea of having a highly toxic metal in my body was making me nervous. Although I went to a specialized dental clinic and all known precautions were taken there is inevitably an amount of mercury that during the process enters the body either by breathing or swollowing small particles. About 48 hours after the removal I started to get skin rashes on some parts of the body (arms, shoulders etc..) as a result of intoxication. I am now on a striclty raw vegetarian diet and doing hydrotherapy that I have used in the past for detox but I was wondering if any of you know some other tricks or foods that would help eliminating mercury…thx in advance!

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

if i am not mistaken, cilantro removes heavy metals. i’m just repeating what i’ve seen posted here a few times. can anyone validate that?

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

i have read that cilantro removes heavy metals, but don’t know of anybody that has try it. I read that it can be juiced or you can make a pesto. Wheatgrass is supposed to have the same effect.

• Looks like cilantro is the right way to go, I am going right now to pick up some at the natural store and prepare a great salad tonight!...thanks, really appreciated your comments. melaverde/greenapple

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Cilantro removes heavy metals… but take it with chlorella because it binds to it and eliminates it. I read that somewhere… maybe on a post here somewhere.

• I heard Gabriel Cousens say that Chlorella gets mercury out of the system :) He seems like a nice and clever guy to me…

• Thanks germin8 and Malene Trut, I will follow your advice and get some chlorella. Hope to get rid of these toxins asap as it is making me nervous and have trouble sleeping at night sometimes.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Seaweeds can also help to eliminate heavy metals—plus provide lots of minerals. Best of luck!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

The best thing I have found is Natural Cellular Defense. http://my.waiora.com/home.php?473235

• 8 months after being exposed to mercury during the removal of mercury fillings (5 silver fillings) I can say that I am finally relatively free of toxins. What a painful journey though, I swear it was one of the most painful experiences in my life, I spent months in pain, with all kinds of skin issues, rushes, itchiness, eruptions of all sorts, but I am finally clean.

Along with a RAW diet (100%) I used chlorella and cilantro in terms of dietary supplement and in addition I used steam saunas which I found tremendously helpful. The lesson I have learned from this experience: Don't ever put mercury in your body, it is highly toxic, don't listen to doctors that try to convince you otherwise. Remove all of your mercury fillings only if you find a reputable, holistic dentist that takes all the necessary precautions to prevent exposing you to mercury, don't be afraid to interview the dentist before hand and find out about the procedure. Also, I would remove only few fillings per session (say 2-3) in order to limit the risk of adverse reaction and possible intoxication. Good luck!

• thanks very much for this review! i was just thinking of getting my amalgams removed!

I heard about cilantro and chorella, it seems like the way to go indeed. Jon Barron offers an herbal tincture that uses only those 2 herbs! I'm still debating whether i should take this concentrated tincture or just add tons of cilantro and chorella to my diet after i get the amalgams removed.

Do you have any other good tips?

Very interesting thanks again.

(and by the way, to know if you are mercury toxic you can do a hair mineral analysis (also called tissue analysis) and this will give you a clue to the amount of mercury in your body. i did this recently and am still waiting for the results)

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Definitely Chlorella.

And I believe psyllium and bentonite colon cleanse shakes will attract heavy metals and you will eliminate them that way. Do a research on P&B shakes on google...

• After having several rhogam vaccines due to the rh- blood factor I am feeling that there is a connection to some health issues I am dealing with and the mercury. Last night I began cilantro infusion....within minutes there was a stabbing feeling behind my eyes. Interesting as this is one of the areas I have had big problems. I have rosacea including ocular rosacea which has impaired my eyesight. This is amazing...

I am going to get chlorella tomorrow and have used this for clients in the past for heavy metals. Any suggestions from your experience is very appreciated. I am having a difficult time with foods due to the toxicity levels.....and not sure what to do with it...

I am possibly going to see a scientist/naturopath that is in high demand to get assistance with it ..but any help is appreciated. Thank you....

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

Audio Library: 7-Syndrome Healing - http://nowfoods.com/NOWRetailers/AudioLibrary/M094397.htm#5

There are also Downloadable PDF files on this page that go with these lecvtures.

Outstanding Info...

Marcia Zimmerman, M.Ed., CN is an internationally acclaimed author and lecturer with seven books to her credit, including, 7-Syndrome Healing. She is one of the natural product industry

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

Did You Like Those??? Wait until You See These!!!! - http://www.nowfoods.com/M045627.htm#200

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

Gee you are making me just terrified. How do I know if my fillings are leaking? I have had a strange taste in my mouth for two days, and I'm wondering if it's detox or these damn fillings in my mouth I've had since childhood.

I don't even know if there is a good holistic dentist around here (!).

Should everyone get them out?

• Melaverde, thanks SOOO much for sharing your experience with us. And thanks to everyone else who contributed! This is such good information. I actually had a few metal fillings replaced several years ago, but just checked my teeth and realized I have a couple left! Scary. I'm going to have them removed ASAP and consume lots of cilantro and chlorella as a precaution. Think I'll do the sauna thing, too.

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

What a coincidence because, I just went to the dentist yesterday and she told me my mercury fillings on my left side need to be removed and replaced. Glad to know that Chlorella removes heavy metals though since I recently started adding it to my morning smoothie.

Damn, not I'm wondering about the fillings on the other side of my mouth -- although my dentist said they were fine, I'm inclined to want them taken out as well. But I suppose I'll wait until next time so as to not do too many at once.

Thanks for the great posts guys.

• Carnap:

"How do I know if my fillings are leaking?"

If you have a metallic taste in your mouth it is highly possible that the cause is mercury leaking, but even if someone does not taste anything particular there is always the possibility that a small amount of mercury leaves the filling and penetrates the body, this is more likely to happen on old fillings, when we eat something hot or when we eat something that tends to erode the filling.

"Should everyone get them out?"

In my opinion no toxic element should ever enter our body, conventional dentistry claims that the mercury is "trapped" in your tooth and amalgam but logically there is no guarantee that it will never leave and intoxicate the body. Laws exists that prevents dentists to disperse mercury in the environment because it is recognized to be highly toxic (my holistic dentist claimed it is the second most toxic element on earth after plutonium) and it is to me completely illogical to then use it for medical purpose and allow to enter a human body. Some countries in northern Europe have already started to ban this metal for dentistry.

agavegirl:

If you plan to use Steam Saunas, you will need a portable sauna (http://www.saunakingproducts.com/inflatable-steam-sauna-pr-34.html), I would suggest to follow this procedure: 1. 3-4 minutes inside the sauna followed by a cold water rinse applied with a little towel all over the body. 2. Enter the sauna again and repeat process but do not exceed 4 times (some 20 minutes). 3. First 2 weeks do no more then 3 times a week, then may proceed to perform sauna on a daily basis. 4. The best time to perform the steam sauna is the morning before breakfast (always at empty stomach), your heartbeat should never exceed 70 before the sauna (it will increment slightly during the sauna).

Based on books I have read and personal experience the Steam Sauna is the best and fastest way to detox our blood (along with a RAW 100% vegetarian diet). Remember though that it may cause skin rushes/eruptions as the all point is to stimulate the body (nervous system, blood flow etc.) and facilitate the elimination of toxins through the skin.

Thanks to all of you and good luck!

• Woo-hoo! Sauna time! Thanks, Mela. :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

thank you for this info. i just had one mercury filling out today. insurance covered it as it was near a cavity. from what the dentist told me it was ready to come out (scary thought!) even if i had not asked for it to be replaced. what she did say is not to go in and have all your mercury fillings removed at once as it can cause problems for you as far as detox. anyhow, i am glad to be rid of it and i do have one left but i am not rushing to get it out, just sometime soon i suppose. i am reading up on thyroid and mercury fillings as i just found out i have hypothyroidism.