Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

kombucha

Ok guys today is the second time I have tried kombucha and I just can’t get over the floating gobs:( am I the only one that has a problem drinking it the taste is ok its the gobs I can’t stand Yuck!

Comments

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

Yea i know what you mean there…. r u making your own? i get a couple of different ones and they dont have many globs…. My two fave….. Kombucha wonder drink.. Asian pear and ginger and High Country Kombu Cha

• nope I buy it at a health food store maybe I will try another brand. I really want to like it sense I know how good for you it is.

• Kombucha is expensive but I can’t go without it. I have one to two a day and I love it. I’m addicted to the Cranberry. I like the Mango, but Cranberry is my favorite. I tried the Ginger and I like this one too. I just think, when drinking it, it’s bubbily like a soda. It’s bubbily, tastey, and so good for you.

• RawKRawK Raw Newbie

wonder drink doesnt have gobs of stuff because it is pasteurized, thereby killing all the probiotics and yeast…making it not raw. i made my own for awhile, but could never get it to taste as good as GT’s original. personally, i like the little floaters…just thinking about all the little colonies headed toward my gut. ;)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i water mine down. sometimes the gobs get to me and i spoon them out (which can take awhile). but if you shake well they are pretty small and are no big deal.

i LOVE the stuff and have it almost everyday (one bottle lasts me a few days)! oh the brand i have is “GT’s”. i didn’t like the ones with any other flavors than ginger or lemon.

• ConstantinConstantin Raw Newbie

I love the stuff. I brewed my own in my dorm room and let it ferment longer than usual to get that super crisp bite to it. It tasted very similar to GT’s and was a snap to make. I was drinking atleast a bottle a day…hmmm maybe i should start that up again!

I don’t know if it qualifies as truly raw though because it has tea in it which is brewed at high temps.

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

Let’s see, I thought the gobs were dead yeast cells but I dont remember where I read that. It’s so cheap and easy to brew your own. You can filter the gobs with a strainer-mesh!

• I used to make my own and would strain it with a coffee filter …. takes out the goobies!!! I can’t stomach them either!

• I love kombucha, I sell it in my vegan restaurant in Miami. My favorite is GT’s Kombucha, Mango is my favorite so far. There are not too many goobers in those. Or I drink it down a little and then swish the goobers until they are mixed in the liquid.

• I have a kombucha addiction. I really don’t mind the blobs, either. I have noticed, though, that GTs green kombucha (which I love) is the “blobiest”. The others flavors, not so much.

• I am curious about this ferminted product. Is it alchoholic like beer or something? It sounds like it is from how it was described to me. Thanks.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I’ve never tried kombucha before, what’s it like? is it sweet?

• I have not tasted it, yet, rachel_akiko. I do not drink alchohol, and if that is esentially what it is, then I do not want to try it. Someone told me it gives them a buzz!

• gorawmom, because kombucha is fermented, it may have a trace of alcohol in it. People get a buzz because it’s so nutrient dense, not because of the alcohol content! It’s definitely worth a try.

• suzyqsuzyq Raw Newbie

It’s a fermented tea…the GT’s brand says it may contain something like less than 0.5% alcohol as a natural result of fermentation, so not much at all. I wouldn’t say it’s an alcoholic drink, really. It’s definitely not regulated as one, in terms of how it’s sold. But I don’t know about brewing your own kombucha…I imagine you could end up with different levels of alcohol.

• i’m addicted to kombucha as well, but the tiny little town that i live in only carries 2 different flavors of GT’s. wonder if they have a support group for us kombuchanites??

speaking of addiction, has anyone ordered cases of kombucha directly from the company? might be cheaper…

gorawmom—i wrote a reply regarding your location a while back, but it was when the site was having quite a few problems… you are from angola, indiana, right? i grew up in auburn!! small world…

• I don’t drink the globs, that’s gross…for me anyway. And I didn’t even think you were supposed to eat them.

• yeah, i was always told not to eat the globs.

i’d really like to brew my own, but i’ve read about a few cases where people have actually died from drinking kombucha that was brewed from a bad (poisoned? moldy?) starter batch. how safe is it drinking hombe-brewed kombucha? maybe i’ll just stick to my GT’s!

• Hmmmm… death, O_o addiction, gross globs. I am still dubious, but curious, too. I wonder if this brew would have the same type of benefits as acv,but since acv is not raw, then it would be a better choice. However, I really do not want to aquire a new addiction….

Yes, culdesaccharine, I had replied earlier. I am living in Angola at this time. You are right, small world! My favorite ride at disney! ...It’s a small world after all! LOL!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

gorawmom, there is a tiny bit of alcohol in it but not much. it’s just due to the fermentation. I feel like I RELY on it, but I am certainly not addicted. It’s just a nice healthy drink that I enjoy and it’s good for ya too! BTW, is not really a buzz, more like a calming feeling.

Rachel, it is not really sweet unless you get the kind with sugar, which i don’t. At first I did not really like it, it was like drinking pickle juice! but now I figured out I like the ginger kinds and if I water it down it doesn’t taste like pickle juice anymore. It’s an “acquired” taste.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I bought my first bottle today and I love it. I read the health benefits on the bottle, but am wondering what others feel they gain from drinking it.

• This is my very first post here! cool. I love GT’s. Guava is my favorite. I don’t mind the blobs but straining through a sieve into a glass would work…just do it slowly or it’ll fizz everywhere! I love the stuff and try to have 2-3 a week. Actually, this was the 1st step in my going raw!

• GT's/Synergy Gingerade, Trilogy, and Gingerberry are my favorites. I wish I could drink a whole bottle every day! Blobs are fine by me.