Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What kind of green smoothies?

Hi,

What kind of green smoothies do you like?

Comments

• I’m a picky teenager LOL - I’m not the biggest fan of green smoothies, but I’m getting better. I usually blend bananas and strawberries first to make a strawberry banana smoothie and then slowly add some greens into the mix.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

My son is picky, though he’s not a teenager yet. Here’s what I find: Don’t use kale! :) heehee It has a very strong flavor. Spinach has a flavor that hides more easily, if you want a green smoothie, & blueberries will help hide the green color, too, if the sight is a problem. The most successful ones at our house have lots of flavor – strawberries, oranges, pineapple, etc. with a little banana, agave or date to sweeten – and much more fruit than greens :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

overripe banana and freeze it is a strong flavor. my favorite is mango and spinach. yum.

• I really like this combination: 1 mango, 1 orange, a handful of strawberries fresh or frozen and a couple handfuls of greens. It is so delicious it tastes like liquid sunshine…....mmmmmm. By the way if you see champagne (or ataulfo) mangoes in the store buy them, they are the best mangoes I have ever had.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Get kids to eat green smoothies by blending frozen wild blueberries, with a little honey or agave, water, and E3Live bluegreen algae. Can use greens too, but algae is so much more nutrient packed and healthy.

• i use pineapple, mango (or strawberries) and spinach and don’t taste the spinach at all. i find it takes 1/4 of a pineapple and either 1 ataulfo mango or 4 large strawberries to cover the taste of about 2 packed cups of spinach.

• My favorite is an orange-grape green smoothie. Just blend one orange, a hand full of grapes, and 2-6 romain lettuce leaves (start out slow if he/she is picky) and blend till smooth. I add extra orange juice or water until it is the right thickness/thinness I desire. Hope he/she likes it!

• My mango recipe is 1 c. fresh orange juice one large, or two small mangos, handful spinich, 2 T. fresh ground mature coconut, and a frozen banana. Sure to please!!!

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

I’m a teenager (although I don’t think I’m too picky), and my favorite green to use is spinach because it adds a creaminess without bitterness. I like doing a banana, about 3/4 to 1 cup frozen pineapple, and a few large handfuls spinach.

I’ve only ever had 2 green smoothies that I had to not drink – one was this morning, actually! One of them was peaches, strawberries, and romaine I think. shudder. Romaine has a much higher water content, so it’s hard for me to balance the flavors right… The other one was from “Green for Life”, it’s called Victoria’s Favorite I think? Ew! But I should have thought before I made it – it had dill, lime juice, and sun dried tomatoes. I don’t like sour – thus this was NOT the smoothie for me!

Other than those two… green smoothies are delicious! Sometimes I also add some avocado, too. Makes them very filling!

Good luck

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

Oh! I forgot – the nasty ones – I have a way to use them so you don’t have to waste the fruits/veggies you used and you don’t have to gag them down. I freeze them in ice-cube trays and add 1 cube to each smoothie that I make. You can’t taste it when there’s only 1 cube in your smoothie, plus I get a colder smoothie, and I don’t have to waste the stuff I used (I can be quite a penny-pincher :) ).