Ovarian problems!

Hey everyone. I took the final step to eating 100% raw when my gynecologist told me now 1 1/2 months ago that I had cysts on my ovaries and probably also endometriosis. As far as I’ve learned on the internet it can be related to hormonal imbalances and food-intolerances such as gluten and dairy which I was intolerant to for years without knowing! (aren’t we all?) I’ve heard of people whose cysts disappeared a few months after going raw. I also heard that it’s good to stay on a diet with a low glycemic index. My gynecologist was surprised to hear that my period cramps are not that severe. They have been in the past though when I used to drink beer and eat things that I considered to have negligible amounts of gluten in them, even though they made me feel bad. I remember sometimes having the feeling that a samurai was practicing with his sword on my inner organs when I got my period, now it’s much better. So I expect my fertility to be making progress as my overall health is. I’d really like to know if any other women inhere have had similar experiences so that together we can find a way to fix these kinds of problems.

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

oh ouch i remember i had cysts awhile ago too. i made sure to have EFAs (flax, hemp, blue green algae). it eventually got better. yes dairy and gluten will lead to many bad health symptoms.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Yep, had a cyst 9cm cut from me. And endometriosis. 

• Hej Malene. Du er ikke den eneste dansker p

• Bitt… “HAD cycst”??? does that mean they disappeared? Cos that’s what I’m planning for mine to do ;-)

• I’ve never had a history of having endometriosis, but I just got diagnosed with having an endometrioma on my right ovary and my OB/GYN wants to do a laparoscopy to remove it. I’m very nervous about the thought of having surgery…. also I read that endometriomas can recur. Anyone else have this – and have the surgery?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yup they seem to have dissappeared. she told me either go on the pill or be patient.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Hi There! I’ve had Endometriosis for the past 10 years. I did have painful period’s and that’s how they found it. Your doctor cannot diagnose Endo without doing a Laparoscopy or any other type of exploratory surgery. I don’t believe i can have children – they don’t know for sure until you try – but i don’t want to have biological children (my husband and i adopted). I just made the decision to go off of my Birth Control pill and to see how i feel. So far, so good. No pain at all from the Endo (or cysts) so i’m hoping that it was absorbed back into my body while i was on the pill. You should definitely avoid sugar and any kind of caffeine (not sure how raw you actually are). I’m not sure if this has helped at all, but i hope it has… you can always email me with any questions carriegraf@gmail.com

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

By the way, there are various types of cysts. Some are called “functional cysts” which are water-filled sacs and they come and go with the menstrual flow and ovulation. These can be drained in an out-patient procedure if necessary. Endometriosis cysts cannot be drained because it would spread the tissue, causing further damage, and the cyst sack would just stay there, so the only option is to wait for it to get big enough (here in Italy it’s 6cm) and they perform a laparoscopy to remove it. I’ve read that it’s beneficial for women with endo to juice fast three days prior to the arrival of your period, as it reduces the hormonal flow, thereby reducing the damage done. I have some cysts now, although small, and I’m hoping I’ll be able to reduce them by eating well.