Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Rude people on other forums

I was wandering through the internet recently and came across a few forums about various topics. I was absolutely horrified by how rude some people are to each other. It also highlighted how amazing this community is.

I believe this raw lifestyle promotes feelings of inner peace and well being and as a result, we are nice….to each other and the world in general.

What do you think?

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I think it’s wonderful that we all seem so supportive and cheerful. Could it be the RAW? Doubt it…some other raw forums aren’t so cheery… :( The moderation here also seems to help. Good job!!

• I was recently reading an article on www.naturalnews.com and was talking about a test done on rats. One group of rats were fed SAD diet and the other community raw foods. The results showed that the SAD group were very aggressive to the point were often the rats had to be separeted. The other raw group were living in harmony and with apparent happiness. Read the article at http://www.naturalnews.com/023401.html

• Karuna I totaly agree with you. Last time we’re having problems with this website I visit different raw sites and none of them have that homey feeling I find in here. When the problem was solve and I was able log in here, I was so happy because I realy feel like home, I know that if I need support I will find it here for sure, I know I’m not alone here.

• debbietookdebbietook Raw Master

I know what you mean about other (non-raw) forums. The bad language can bring you down as well. And the comments on You tube videos..some of them!

I belong to the Yahoo! Raw Food UK (lovely – hmm…who’s the Moderator – oh it’s me!), this one (lovely), giveittomeraw.com (lovely almost all the time – dodgy threads every so often, but it’s got so huge so quickly think that has to be expected), and rawfoodsupport (seems fine – don’t look in much). Although – 18 months ago when I started raw I did join an international raw forum (name escapes me) that wasn’t so good.

I also used to belong to (school) teachers’ forums where people were always squabbling!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Before this forum came about, I used to go on David Wolfes Sunfood forum – there is a lot of bickering and argueing on there (raw vegans vs. raw non-vegans) – it started getting really old. I avoid some of the forums sections on that one. I did get some useful advice on some topics (that is how I found out about no poo) but other than that people aren’t very helpful on there – honestly, lots of the people seem to be in, ahem, “outerspace”.

I also posted on Alissa Cohens rawfoodtalk too which is OK - people seem to be a bit too paranoid with weight problems on there and some people often take trying to go raw a bit too seriously (they start getting obsessive) but there are some good forums on there.

But goneraw is my favorite – people are “real” on there, down to earth, laid back and helpful. It is like a group of friends. :)

• I think it has been generally very wholesome. However there was an enthusiastic raw meat eater on here a while ago and it got a little radgy because obviously mostly people are vegans on here. It does have a very nice feel though…this is the only internet forum I’ve ever used. One, because it is full of nice, intelligent individuals and two because it is an easy to navigate, stress-free site.

• I really like the atmosphere on this forum. I’m not what I would consider raw but have been incorporating raw principles into my life and one day I hope to be 100% raw :)

I’ve found that on some other forums, as I’ve been asking questions about raw food, some people seem almost annoyed :( which isn’t very nice as surely they should want to encourage the raw lifestyle.

Like I said, I love it here tho :)

• I love this site too! People have been so very generous and patient with their advice, suggestions, and (last but not least) their fabulous & creative recipes! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)
    It’s great! Thanks to all! Cheers, gg13

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

numptellie—that was SO funny. he was a lunatic. =)

• pianissima lol…i read all the exchanges, he was a little odd shall we say…I did think some of the vegans were a leetle teensy weensy bit merciless…but as soon as he left peace and harmony was restored and gone raw was back to the beauteous haven we are busy appreciating today. Ahhh (dreamy sigh).

• looks like i missed out on all the fun…..i love it when people come along to forums and try to disrupt things like that….they totally miss the point and it just tickles me to watch (as long as they’re not too offensive)....definately brings the community together as they try to oust the poster in question…sometimes they leave but it’s better when they get banned…mwahahaha

what was his name so i can go check out the threads…i’m up for a laugh

this truly is an internet phenomenon…people vent their rudeness because they can remain faceless and cowardly…

there are some other good communities out there but you usually have to wade through a lot of bad to get to the good…i’m a member of a particularly good forum that deals specifically with the music software that i use…it’s a great place…a lot of fun

the advantage the raw forums have is that i think it takes a certain level of awareness of ones-self and awareness of everything as one, co-dependant, whole to ever even consider making a lifestyle choice such as going raw….it’s a shame that this isn’t always the case

youtube….some of it’s worthwhile, but how depressing that people now have a portal for free worldwide media output, and they flood it full of crap and disrespectful backchat that they’d never have the guts to say face to face

• looks like i missed out on all the fun…..i love it when people come along to forums and try to disrupt things like that….they totally miss the point and it just tickles me to watch (as long as they’re not too offensive)....definately brings the community together as they try to oust the poster in question…sometimes they leave but it’s better when they get banned…mwahahaha

what was his name so i can go check out the threads…i’m up for a laugh

this truly is an internet phenomenon…people vent their rudeness because they can remain faceless and cowardly…

there are some other good communities out there but you usually have to wade through a lot of bad to get to the good…i’m a member of a particularly good forum that deals specifically with the music software that i use…it’s a great place…a lot of fun

the advantage the raw forums have is that i think it takes a certain level of awareness of ones-self and awareness of everything as one, co-dependant, whole to ever even consider making a lifestyle choice such as going raw….it’s a shame that this isn’t always the case

youtube….some of it’s worthwhile, but how depressing that people now have a portal for free worldwide media output, and they flood it full of crap and disrespectful backchat that they’d never have the guts to say face to face

• Ahh – kind and sincere – you guys are great. It restores my faith in the world. Hope your day is spectacular.