Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What's Good For YOU?

angie207angie207 Raw Master

I want to know! I learn a lot from different authors, nutritionists, doctors, raw food gurus, etc. and the things they present give me options I can choose in designing my own way of life that works for me. So, I’m thinking that most of us have learned at least one thing (if not a million) that really works (or doesn’t) for us, and maybe we can all learn from each other, too, since we can’t all read all the books and try all the diets, etc. – share your knowledge & experience!

Comments

• angie I’m now reading Raw Food Life Force Energy by Natalia Rose, and even though I don’t agree with everything she said I do like or I should say my body response realy good to the idea of starting the day with juice then fruits and vegies and a nice raw dinner.

Another idea I would realy like is if every time were read a new book it will be a good idea to share what we think about it and what like the most about it. What do you think?

• Angie, I have read like many of us many books about nutrition, natural living etc….personally I truly feel that I have struck gold when I read a book by Manuel Lazaeta Acharan, one of the pioneers of Natural Medicine. The book introduced me to natural raw vegetarian diet, food combining principles, hydrotherapy and iridology. The book in question is: “La medicina Naturale alla portata di tutti” in Italian or the Spanish edition “La Medicina Natural al Alcance de Todos”. Unfortunately I am afraid it does not exist in English but if you are interested you may try to collect info online through other sources. I usually stay away from last minute trendy books and trendy, fancy diets as I find that often their merit are corrupted by a well orchestrated marketing plan. Raw food and natural living may be a new trend in society but its teachings go back hundred of years and so I like to get the info from its original creators.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Majomi – I like the idea of reporting on what we read – especially I like the “my body responds well to…” That is exactly what I am looking for here. Thanks! I read part of Natalia Rose’s raw food detox diet book (I don’t remember the title exactly), but I haven’t seen the one you mentioned.

melaverde – Sounds like I need to learn Spanish! How old is that book, & is it still in print?

Arnold Ehret wrote a book a long time ago, and I haven’t read it but was told that his is a raw food diet plan.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

1) starting my day out with a big glass of water and a squeeze of lemon.

2) i also love starting my day with a 16 oz veggie juice.

3) making sure i get a wide variety of greens

4) progressing in my diet and not going “backwards” (i.e. not eating things i could eat in transition, but am too clean for now). this is a tricky one. ;)

5) yoga! & meditation. (i get bombarded by information. it’s important to stay centered and figure out where I am right now)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

pianissima – That’s a tricky one for me, too – the no more “transition” foods. I sometimes know I probably shouldn’t eat a certain food amy more, and sometimes I don’t know how something will affect me when I haven’t eaten it for a long time, so I try it and find out if it still works or not.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

what is best for me is not making the rules too strict. it’s more like, what i want to eat i will eat. but being really careful to not mistake the wrong cravings. the thing is the more raw i eat the more i want to eat more raw so i know i am on the right path. something i have had almost everyday since being raw are green smoothies. i think greens are the key to my great health. i also love juices but my juicer is a little out of sorts right now. ;-) i love wheatgrass (well, the way it makes me feel) and have a shot once a week. and FRUIT! I love it, I have always had a sweet tooth.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Fruit is my main food. I supplement with greens, but not daily; only when I feel like it. I just don’t enjoy eating them. If I get hit pretty hard with cravings for SAD stuff, I periodically go on a fast and then fruit starts to look wonderful again. I drink at least a liter or two of water every day. I too like to start out my day with water. I am very careful with food combining, as my body has grown quite sensitive. Too many ingredients, or dehydrated food, and I feel icky. Fruit is ‘the key’ for me being raw. It’s just so tasty.

Right now, I’m doing a 811 (no overt fat) challenge, and I feel very comfortable and growing more so. Exercise seems to do wonders for staying raw. Sometimes if I am craving something I don’t want to eat, I will exercise and it seems to go away. Jumping rope is something I’ve been doing recently as it is so easy to do quickly and you can take it everywhere with you.

Staying centered IS important. As long as I eat the foods that feel best to my body and give my body a physical energy outlet, I feel very centered, and when I’m centered, it’s easy to eat the foods that feel best, and exercise. It seems to be a cycle with me.

I’m getting into natural hygiene more and more, too.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I feel better eating fruit for breakfast (oranges and cherries is one of my favorite options) and the all other things along the day. Anyway sometimes I take dessert made with fruit (berries usually + nuts).

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

FRUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hmmmm, if I just eat fruit in the morning, I’m not as hungry from the start as I am with grains or nuts.

I drink a lot of water (3-4 glasses) before I even eat the fruit though. I drink a glass to wake me up, a few while I’m working out, then another upon cooldown. Feels so fresh and wonderful.

Another thing that has been a lifesaver is to have a few baby coconuts in the fridge at all times. If I’m having a slump late afternoon or a stressful moment for whatever reason, I can crack one of those open, drink 1/2 the juice and be completely rejuvenated. I save the other 1/2 of the juice in the freezer and have am amazingly wonderful slush later on.

I also keep raw fudge in the fridge most of the time. It’s great for energy when I’ve been out running errands or something and come home needing something heavier than fruit or veggies.

• FRUIT ALL THE WAY! :) and i LOVE LOVE smoothies and juices.. oh and getting a HUGE salad at the ruby tuesday’s salad bar with cold pressed olive oil.. hehe