Looking for a Blender...

But cannot afford a Vitamix.

What is the difference between a 2 speed and 12 speed? The higher the speed, the better?

What speed is a Vitamix? I cant seem to find that anywhere…

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

It’s a variable speed. You control its speed. But, it’s 2 HP.

Someone posted on this forum their website… I checked it out and found a section on blender reviews where they mentioned their Oster 500 watt blender. It’s cheaper. Can’t blend frozen items and whole foods though… but, it has a glass jar. What about a Waring?

• So It’s not the speed, It’s the strength of the motor… Ok, I understand a little better now… What is a 2HP??

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I should clarify.

2HP is 2 horsepower. It’s Power.

2 speed and 12 speed refers speed… you have finer granularity with the 12 speed. Since VitaMix is variable, you have even more control, even finer granularity.

• I looked at the reviews, but also will have to put the vitamix on hold for a minute. IIs there one that you can recommend that will make the green drink smoother? My green drinks are like sludge..right now i use a smoothie maker (not cuttin it)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

blentec is not as expensive and you can get a refurbished one on ebay. worth the $.

• I just got a demo blendtec for about $250-ish. I LOVE IT!!! panicked this morning when i thought it stopped working, then i realized my spinach needed water to be liquified. phew!

• RawKRawK Raw Newbie

i held out for as long as i could, but finally caved and bought a Blendtec. i use it at least once a day, if not twice. it the most used appliance i own, other than the refrigerator—making it worth every penny of the $330 i paid. if you can only afford a $60 blender, save for a few more months and buy a refurb or used one—no buyers remorse on a Blendtec, so awesome.