Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Pizza--my last cooked addiction

RawKRawK Raw Newbie

Yeah, I’m sure we all have at least one old comfort food we crave from time to time. I’d like to hear some. For me it’s a big ol’ veggie pizza—everything on it, and this ain’t helpin at all….

http://s4xton.com/1733/pizza-on-the-farm-a-to-z…

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i’m sure we do but since the focus of this forum is to help each other but raw, what is the point of this?

• What’s fun is transforming “cooked” recipes…translate them into raw. Raw pizza is AMAZING especially for transition food.

So there you have it..

You can have your cake and eat it too.

Or pizza, that is.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

RawK you have no excuses!! look at this recipe: http://goneraw.com/recipes/362-Shazzies-Pizza I ate that every day for about 4 months, I never even liked normal pizza, but I ate this raw version as a staple for ages!

• RawKRawK Raw Newbie

You are right Megan—grazie.

Zoe—Thanks! A pizza with bananas in it? Well, that just might be the best pizza ever—that picture looks amazing. You really ate that for 4 months straight…are you sick of it now? How long does it take to make?

• bitt – i think all posts should be welcome – we can all help RawK overcome this hurdle by showing the way to Raw. :) at least that’s how i try to look at it.

Pizza was my first big transition food as well… i don’t really like a lot of sweets, but i made this great sun dried tomato sauce (can’t find it on here right now) and this cheese. http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/2890-Pizza-Cheese

Seriously – that cheese was better than any ‘vegan’ cheese i had tried from the store. it’s now my staple cheese when i need it because it’s so easy to make and works well with so many different foods!

Good luck RawK!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Yes, all posts are welcome – including bitt’s :)

bitt – Thank you for keeping me from going back – I am finally transitioning to 100% raw vegan because it is really the best for my body now. Talking about what people still crave, that’s not good for me, is really bad for my health & well-being right now. I looked at this topic to get info. about overcoming food addictions, so I wouldn’t go back again!

• Pizza was a tough one for me to give up too, but eventually after succumbing several times over the past few years, I’m so done with that temptation. Between the flour and the cheese, it causes way too many problems in my body.

I’ve tried Alissa Cohen’s pizza recipe and it was a huge disappointment (although I’m sure some love it).

What I’ve done every few months or so (on high raw days), I’ll make a cooked vegan pizza with fresh ground wheat, homemade sauce, and tons of veggies on top. My kids are starting to like it that way too.

I may try another step towards a raw pizza – - maybe with the approach that it doesn’t need the raw cheese (haven’t found one I like get)—a sprouted and dehydrated crust, raw sauce, and lots of veggies.

• Pizza was a tough one for me to give up too, but eventually after succumbing several times over the past few years, I’m so done with that temptation. Between the flour and the cheese, it causes way too many problems in my body.

I’ve tried Alissa Cohen’s pizza recipe and it was a huge disappointment (although I’m sure some love it).

What I’ve done every few months or so (on high raw days), I’ll make a cooked vegan pizza with fresh ground wheat, homemade sauce, and tons of veggies on top. My kids are starting to like it that way too.

I may try another step towards a raw pizza – - maybe with the approach that it doesn’t need the raw cheese (haven’t found one I like get)—a sprouted and dehydrated crust, raw sauce, and lots of veggies.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

sorry for being so crabby earlier. i just have finally gotten over all my pizza addictions and was less tolerant of others’. i just didn’t want this to turn into a thread of wow what wonderful cooked we are missing. thanks everyone for re-focusing it.