Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Money for GoneRaw

chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

A message for Ray and Kandace…

I am not sure it will help the site problems that seem not to go away, but how about raising some money for the GoneRaw budget?

Here are a few ideas…

$5 – for a one year OPTIONAL special membership upgrade called ‘Supporting Member’. (Keep the FREE membership also of course.) I would pay it for sure. ‘Supporting Members’ could have a star by their name or a gold frame around their picture on their posts that identify them as supporters.

$20 – GoneRaw T-Shirts. You can get nice cotton ones made for about $3.50 and hemp ones for about $5.50. The shirts could come with a ‘Supporting Membership’ as well. I want 2 already. Please make me one and one for Zoe also.

I don’t think these kind of things would compromise the integrity of this site in the least. If you think having a bit more budget would help the site work better please consider these types of things.

That’s $40 for you just from Zoe and I and there are over 5,000 more of us on here!

Lovebows, Chris

Comments

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

Absolutely a great idea. I am bereft when I cannot access goneraw. A t-shirt would be great and I love the supporting member idea as well.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’d be a supporting member! Count me in.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i would get a membership and the t-shirt.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Chris this is a great idea. I used to go on the veggieboards forum a few years ago and they had something similiar. Basically, it was a free forum but you could “upgrade” yourself to a membership for like $15 a year or something like that. (it got rid of the advertisements I think) but you could also buy t-shirts, mugs and stuff like that. You just upgraded the membership though your profile and paid through Paypal. :)

I would definatley do the supporting member as this site means a lot to me. And yes, a tshirt too! (esp if they came in organic cotton and the baby tee sizes for women – maybe tye dye too? haha!) :)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

i’ll get a tshirt too! a nice slogan “Gone Raw!” and a little logo maybe? it could come in girls and guys styles (maybe more girls shirts, judging from the large # of female members). You could ask for logo design submissions if you want!

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

How about donations appreciated instead of membership fees?

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Count me in for a t- shirt/donation!!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

it’s an optional “special” membership, so it’s like a donation. They could accept donations as well. I am sure if they posted an address on here some people would send them a check.

Lovebows, Chris

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

also, i’m pretty sure they get paid every time someone clicks on the google ads on this site. it may be only pennies, but if we all start clicking away…!

someone correct me if i’m wrong

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

chris, the t-shirts are a great idea, they could even do a cafe press site, so they don’t have to deal with inventory and shipping!

• You can count me in as a supporting member…don’t know what I’d do without this site!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Count me in.

• This is the best raw site. I would definatly pay. I am pretty broke but I would pay $5 month. The way the recipes are organized is great. And the comments from people who tried the recipe are very helpful. They used to print out with the recipe and now they don’t. I wish it would go back to that. Or maybe my computer is doing something wrong. But anyways, yeah…lets pay so it will run faster :P

• Cafe Press is a great idea, as is getting the t-shirts printed on American Apparel tees (USA labor/ethical working conditions/etcetera).

I would be more than happy to volunteer creating a design for the shirts, or we could have a contest, or just use the font/logo. Any which way, let’s represent in style!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Yes I would pay too. We all want Gone Raw to be fast and ever present, please let us pay for it!!

• I think it is a great idea. I would get a t-shirt. Lost so much weight on raw I need some duds anyway. I use this site a lot and I tell other people about it to.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I think it is a great idea to support this site financially, however i have a different take on what the supporting memberships would receive. Rather than a tee shirt (which would have to be paid for in part by the donation), i would really like to see increased services such as the ability of supporting members to be able to (1) instant message one another through this site, (2) be alerted when a watched topic or recipe has been updated so that all those who comment can be answered [as it stands now, if i add a recipe today and in six months a new member looks at the recipe and has a question, it will most likely not be responded to as i have no reason to look back at that recipe and see the comment. it works the same way for forums], (3) the ability to input and reorganize recipes more easily, (4) the ability to be able to filter ingredients for recipes that come up [for instance, i don’t want to look at desserts on the home page or even in the recipe page, they are just too stimulating to me. i would like to be able to look at recipes that have very low fat, no nuts, etc., (5) being able to retain and/or save the results of a search so that you don’t have to keep recreating the search. You can already filter for equipment and i would like to take it one step further for ingredients, (6) customize your gone raw homepage so that you can more easily access areas that you frequent, (7) save posts as we do recipes, have a post box. These are some ideas that i think would attract even greater participation in supporting this site. I love this site and would definitely contribute financially, especially if i could receive upgraded features.

• Love4LifeLove4Life Raw Newbie

I think the t-shirt idea is great, escpecially if it had the website address on it for more publicity. You can count me in as well, although i am not where i want to be in ‘raw’ – I think this site needs to be here. the upgraded features would be nice as well.

I also like the idea of a special membership with increased functionality. Maybe that could be an option for another $10 a year. Who knows?

It’s nice to see you all come on and show support. This is for sure The Best Raw Home in Cyberspace!

Lovebows, Chris

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Count me in as well. I’d be happy to support this wonderful and invaluable website. It has helped me in so many ways and I certainly believe in giving back.

stylistchick is right about the google adsense. If we click away at a few of the google ads, the website will generate money. My husband is always saying he wants to build me a website/blog page (not raw food related) with google ads. He also has them on his website as well. While it’s not a ton of money, it does add up and pays for maintenance costs…

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

This is very thoughtful. Wasn’t Gone Raw going to make a recipe book? I’d buy that… I think it should have an FAQ for beginners since they can’t have an FAQ here on this site. As for the t-shirt idea… I agree with Audrey, “represent in style”.

Wow, great support! Anyone else?

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

You can count me in, I love all the ideas and would wear the t-shirt with pride and I don’t usually wear t-shirts… Hemp would be my choice… Love the “recipe book” idea too and want one!!!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

That sound you hear is me clicking on Google… LOL ;)

• I would be happy to participate as I am able! Cool ideas!

• While I totally agree there should be a way to support the site, (like a DONATE NOW paypal link) I’m not really keen on creating a class system in our rawtopia. I don’t think the site and/or parts of it should be restricted in any way to people who can’t pony up. Each according to their ability, each according to their need… blah blah blah I know you’ve heard that one… but really this was a great resource to me way before I joined, even before I had given much thought to the lifestyle, that would totally suck to take that away from someone still stuck on a SAD.

I don’t think putting a set figure would be so wise either since minimums tend to set maximums and left alone with a checkbook and some giddy enthusiasm someone might donate substantially more.

As for the merchandise, maybe it should just be available rather than freebied… I’m still throwing out all my husbands dot-com crap.

• I’d buy a t-shirt for SURE, and also become a member. This is the best website!!!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I would donate, become a member, and get a t-shirt! I know I haven’t been posting much lately since being pregnant, but I am on the site every single day. Also, many members have contacted me via email privately since joining this site, so I really feel like a have a family/ community here. So, count me in!

• I would gladly donate to this site! This site is now my main web viewing daily dose!. I have learned so much, and feel like i belong to a great community of people here. Great Idea Chris! Any artists out there who are willing able to design us a cool t-shirt???

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

I’d gladly donate some money to pay for a server that doesn’t do this:

We’re sorry, but something went wrong.

We’ve been notified about this issue and we’ll take a look at it shortly.