Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Uncomfortable

TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

I hate my mattress! in fact i hate all of them….. they are very UNCOMFORTABLE and they hurt my back and shoulder. im looking for an alternative to sleep on. I’ve heard beds are bad for you, and im tired of waking up in pain. :) Any suggestions?

Comments

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

I was thining of a firm futon matress on the floor… or has anyone heard of those hand made grass mats?

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

have you always had this problem or only since becoming pregnant? in the later stages of pregnancy, we’re all a bit uncomfortable. :-)

since switching to an extra firm mattress and a small, small pillow, my stiff neck and sore shoulders/back have gone away. hope this helps. good luck

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

It is spendy, but the sonna prima mattress is the most comfortable around. Known to cure all manner of aches and pains. I’ve been visiting one in this store for years.

• I have a memory foam mattress…it is the greatest thing in the world!!! I can’t rave enough! It takes about a week to get used to but after that there’s no going back. I don’t even have a Tempurpedic brand and I got a 20 year warranty…if it sinks or sags an inch I get a new mattress!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

We have a Temurpedic and we find it amazingly comfortable. I wish it weren’t made of chemicals but our backs LOVE IT. We have a firm futon mattress for guests and it’s not popular because it’s too hard for most people.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I have slept on a futon mattress on the floor for 10 years now! It really is the most comfortable thing ever. I have had about 3 different futons in that time. I just use the mattress not the base. The mattress is made of layers and layers of fabric. Ireally don’t like to sleep on anything else, it is fantastic, I highly recommend it.

yea im really thinking of a futon mattress on the floor….. i found a all cotton one thats a nice price…. Yea it’s been a steady process to get to this point and now that im prego.. it’s just that much worst.

Zoe… how thick is your futon mattress?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Its about 3 fingers width thick. It used to be thicker but I have squashed it over the years. You’re meant to roll them up regularily but I always forget.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I have a cotton filled futon from Japan, about 3 inches thick. I’m pretty comfortable with it. I think the “grass” mats you’re talking about might be tatami mats, stuffed with rice straw. They are awesome but horribly expensive and extremely heavy. You might want to also consider a natural latex mattress; however, they are terribly over priced.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i have a posturpedic and it is the best ever. it has a hard base but soft pillow top. i have a memory foam pillow and it’s very nice.

may i ask how you sleep (side, stomach, back)??

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

I like to try and recreate the softness of thick grass on the ground or a pile of leaves, which some animals will make for themselves to sleep on. anything softer than that does not suit me.

Lovebows, Chris

I prefer actually sleeping on the ground next to a fire, and I will when we get back to the USA. Yay!

chriscarlton that sound ideal, ihope to get there one day :)

I sleep on my side most o the time, but i’ve read it’s better to sleep on your back. Is that correct? if i get a futon for the floor, does it matter if i have hard wood floors or carpet…. b/c i have carpet.

• Have you considered a hammock? They’re supposed to be much better for you than beds.