What kind of oils to buy??????

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I usually try to get a good cold pressed olive oil but it does not say organic. I have also bought organic olive oil, although it does not say cold pressed.

So, I guess, it needs to be organic, cold pressed and it MUST be raw? Should I stop buying this non organic cold pressed oil?? It says cold pressed but that is not always true. I know I feel better, and like the taste of food better when tis organic.

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Hi, shgadwa. These folks are really good to talk to:

http://www.barianioliveoil.com/

I buy my oil directly from them. They can answer all of your olive oil questions and they don’t hedge or waffle. I think they really do have an fully certified organic oil available at times, but it’s much easier(and cheaper) for me to buy their non-organic. It’s just as clean and safe because those olives are also grown without pesticides or chemicals. It’s actually certified by two parties, but not a third.

I always ask questions directly of the growers, since I’m finding store owners cannot always be trusted. Also, you can find lots of good things that are grown organically(meaning no pesticides or chemicals) but are not certified.(good and clean and cheaper). So always ask directly.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

It needs to be COLD-PRESSED and UNFILTERED in order to really be raw, because filtering heats the oil. I LOVE Bariani olive oil! :)