Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I am new to the form and I am raw :-)

Comments

• hi justin

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Hi! Welcome – you’ll find there are lots of friendly & helpful people on here :)

• Hello Martonmr

Where do you live? What’s your story?

• Hello Angie

I hope i will :-)

So….what’s your diet?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

hi justin! you will find that there are some all raw people on here and some part raw and some experimenting. explore and ask questions!

• Hello Bitt

That’s what I been noticing.

I will.

Thanks

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Hey Justin, I hope you have fun on this website! :)

• Hi justin… I can understand how lonely it must be to have just moved, especialy since I doubt there is a huge raw food group in missouri. This community is very friendly and open and they have certainly made me feel comfortable interacting and asking questions… It is a great support in transitioning and finding acceptance to your journey with raw food.

• Hello Rachel_Akiko

Thanks. I hope I do 2. Is that your name Rachel? Where do you live?

• Hello sarabethxvx

Thanks for the reply. It’s been the first time living in a different state. I from Utah, everything thing seems foreign over here. I am adapting though :-) I just moved to a small town called Stockton which has 1500 people and I don

Hmmm – my diet = as much as I want of whatever I want, as long as it’s raw. I once in a while eat something not raw, but that is only when I can’t afford enough raw foods and will hopefully change in the next month or so – I’ve said a lot on here that my goal has always been to eat exactly and only what my body wants; I have never had a goal of a percentage of raw, or vegan, or any other label. But I have found that my body LOVES raw plant foods, so that’s where I’m happy.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I eat as angie does. As much of whatever raw foods I want. I crave tons of salads, fruits, small amounts of nuts/avos/oils. Some days I’ll eat mono fruits (tons of one fruit) every meal. Some days I eat complex raw recipes. For example the past 4 days, i’ve had fresh raw thai coconut curry – 5 bowls every day! And 2 huge salads every day. I eat what I crave, end of story. It works : )

• Winnona

What

Coconut Curry

and my red curry is great too! it’s not totally raw if you fry the cumin+coriander… and the dried chilis aren’t raw. Ingredients

• 1 tsp cumin seeds
    • 2 tsp coriander seeds
    • 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 10 (20g) large dried chillies, soaked in warm water for 25 minutes, then finely chopped
    • 1 tsp grated ginger
    • 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
    • Rind of 1/4 lime, finely chopped
    • 1/2 lime, peeled
    • 6 coriander roots, washed, finely chopped
    • 2 shallots, finely chopped
    • 4 cloves garlic, crushed
    • 8 red birdseye chillies, seeded

Place cumin, coriander and peppercorns in a small frying pan and dry roast over medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Add 1/4 cup water and blend until smooth. Paste will keep, covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or frozen for 1 month.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Justin, I’ll be your friend ;)

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

Hi Justin :) Welcome! I read ‘Green For Life’ and loved it. I have at least a quart of green smoothie a day. Sometimes more if I’m really busy and only have time for a liquid meal! You will definitely find lots of friends here and it sounds like you’ve made a few already. Count me as one as well :)

I read green for life. Excellent book! I drink green smoothies most mornings for breakfast. They’re incredibly healthy!

• Justin- my friend is a deaf pitbull mix and we call her blanche. She is so awesome, I am really lucky to have her in my life. She is vegan and eats lots of raw fruits and veggies… we really like to snack together :) See anyone in their 20’s around town yet?

• Thanks Winona for the recipe, I will deftly make it when I am off this green drink deal.

• Hello Zoe

Thanks for being my friend! It means a lot :-)

Where do you live? I took a peak at your website, looks great. I will have to look at it some more when I get a chance.

• Hello AKAAuburnEyes lol long name :-)

The same goes for you, thanks for being my friend.

You read the book too huh. That’s cool. What is one of your favorite green smoothies?

• Winona…

It is an excellent book. What is one of your favorite green smoothies? It’s amazing I thought I was well detoxified but since I have had only green drinks for the past 4 days I can fill my body detoxifying a lot more. It is extremely health and now I can say I am defiantly 100% raw because I don

Hey, Justin – how long have you been raw? And where in Missouri do you live? My sis was in Independence for a while a few years ago. Cool to hear about your green drinks – I haven’t read the book, but I’m always looking for new ideas for green smoothies – what are some of your favorites? Friends are good :)

• Sarabethxvx…

Wow that’s sad and cool at the same time if that is possible. Has he always been deaf? How does the dog react eating a vegan diet? Does her breath stink like a normal dog?

No I haven

• Angie…

Well… I first went off of sugar for a year then just focused on eating things I could comprehend. (I would read the label and if I couldn

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

Hi Justin :)

I am Nicola, it is much shorter!

My favorite smoothie is probably bananas spinach and goji berries. A few months ago it was mangos and spinach. It changes as my tastes change or what I am craving changes. I keep a lot of variety in them though, or at least I try to. Bananas do crop up a lot.

• Nicola yes that is a lot shorter :-p

I have been noticing that Bananas are very flavorful. I can hardly taste the greens when I have a banana or two with some oranges. I have never tried goji berries. I will look them up and give them a try.

You live in New York right? Where about? Is there a lot of raw foodiest living in your area?

Justin – I live in Utah, right by the mountains, so I know what you mean about getting turned around without them. Funny, I lived in Stockton, California a few years ago – I didn’t know my way around there, either :P

• justin darling, I’d love to be your friend!

I like this smoothie: strawberries, bananas, swiss chard. Another favorite is cacao, almond milk, honey