Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

New--please forgive the questions

I posted a few threads down and have already gotten some responses to help me on my journey…thanks! Please forgive me if the following questions border on the ridiculous side…

1) Are their any warm-ish beverages out there? I’m not talking about caffeine, I’ve been able to give that up almost entirely. I live in a damp, cold area and sometimes (especially in the morning) I want something warm and creamy as a wake up.

2) I’ve read a great deal about green smoothies…is there any powders (similiar to a protein powder) that I could add to fruits to make a smoothie?

3) What was the best piece of advice you remember when you started going raw?

Thanks!

Comments

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Best piece of advice was for sure… Eat all the Raw Food you want! Find something you like and make a lot of it when you make it. Eat before you leave the house too.

Lovebows, Chris

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Not sure about the creamy but i think tea is good. i know most tea leave/herbal blends are probably not raw but you could dry your own herbs. i like ginger in hot water too. you could add some almond milk to your tea to make it warmer. it won’t heat over 115 if you add it after the water’s been boiled and sits a second. you can search the recipes of this site too.

as far as powders, some people use hemp protein. i use spirulina in my smoothies.

advice: be nice to yourself! bring lots of food with you on the go.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

You can make nut milk and warm it in the blender and serve it in a warmed cup?

I think it is good to put real fresh greens in the smoothies, but I add spirulina sometimes…it is like drinking ditch water but the effect is nice sometimes.

The best piece of advice I ever had was from Victoria Boutenko’s books, she recommends that it is essential for successful raw living to listen to your body and eating intuitively. Not following a dogma or a guru’s idea of what you should be eating.

• Mmmm…ditch water…lol…thanks for all the advice. I am going to try my first green smoothie in the morning, fruit for breakfast, salad for dinner. Not very creative yet, but it’s a start!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Chris and Zoe’s advice is right on. I follow Victoria Boutenko’s idea of eating whatever raw food i crave, when i crave it. Because of this, I’m on my 4th month eating mostly raw. It was very easy to transition, because it was all about trying new and exciting foods, instead of being about denial! Remember, instead of thinking ‘i can’t have that cook dish’ tell yourself i can have that, but i choose not to, and here’s why… and educate yourself about why to eat raw. For ex. read Enzyme Nutrition by Dr. Howell or other books.

• Even if it doesn’t seem creative sometimes that works. When I am really busy I need to do what’s easy w/out thinking. I am restarting again but I remember when I was doing good I had a routine. I worked at 3am so I always had enough fruit to last me 8-9 hours. Alot of fruit!!!! Then I would come home and be really hungry and have a huge salad with lots of greens and nuts. Then for dinner I wasn’t too hungry and would have whatever I felt like…usually some type of raw dessert…Yum….to satisfy my sweet tooth again. I guess I like routine when I’m busy which is most of the time.