How would I make lemon cookies?

kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I recently tried the luscious lemon swirl cookies and loved them. Enough so that I’d like to be able to make something like them at home, in my own dehydrator. The ingredients list is: soaked cashews, lemon, honey and coconut. However, I’d like to stay away from using honey (even raw honey).

What’s your best guess on how to go about trying to make something like this? Or, does anyone have a dehydrated lemon cookie recipe to share?

Comments

• Use Agave nectar instead, I’ve never tried it personally but everyone on my other forum swears by it as a replacement for honey.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hmmm…I haven’t seen Maraw’s cookies (or is this a recipe)? So, I’m going to just give it a try. I bought cashews and lemons (and have shredded coconut and agave on hand). I’ll see what I can whip up this weekend.

• shannonmarieshannonmarie Raw Newbie

Agave nectar is an excellent alternative to honey. I use it all the time. Just keep in mind when you are duplicating a recipe that agave is thinner.

Kandace, have fun experimenting. When I make cookies, I just throw some ingredients in a bowl and adjust them until I get the desired texture and taste. Then I pop them in the dehydrator for a while. Sometimes you don’t even have to dehydrate them like with this oatmeal cookie recipe on gliving.tv. Check it out – http://gliving.tv/shows/g-living-live-show-41-a…

• shannonmarieshannonmarie Raw Newbie

Here is a link to the lemon chewie recipe: http://www.therawtable.com/recipecoll/lemonch.htm

Thanks for all of the tips – they really helped. I have a couple test variations in the dehydrator right now. Mostly, I went with my original ingredient list at different quantities. Inspired by the Raw Table, I also added a banana to one of the batches! If any of the variations turn out scrumptious, I’ll let y’all know.

This was a fun experiment! I thought the banana sort of overshadowed the lemon taste, but gave some really good ideas for a new cookie in the future. Anyhow, I posted my favorite of the lemon cookie batches. Love to hear what you think.

Raw Lemon Cookie Recipe

Now I just need one of those pastry swirl setups to make them look pretty! That’s next on the list.