Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

New Tag for 100% Raw Recipes

After a discussion on another thread… Here… http://www.goneraw.com/forums/5/topics/6373

There is now a new way to find just 100% Raw recipes or in other words recipes that contain no items from The Dead Food List .

Just click on ’pure’ in the tag section on the top right of the GoneRaw home page! Up pops a page of just 100% Raw recipes. A few people have already added the new ’pure’ tag to their recipe and so the category is up and running already.

Look closely for ’pure’, it is still a small collection so the word is small and light gray. It’s down between ’party’ and ’salad’. As more people tag their recipes the word will grow and get darker like some of the other words/tags you see now.

If you have published any recipes that are 100% in the past, go back, edit them and add the word ’pure’ in the tag section at the bottom of your recipe and you recipe will come up on the list. How cool is that?

If you have any favorite recipes here that are 100% Raw and not coming up on the list. Post a message on the recipe and ask the person who posted it to add the ’pure’ tag to their creation.

Any questions about this, just post ‘em here or on the other thread.

I love the GrassRoots aspect of GoneRaw! This site is 2nd to None. This is a very positive outcome to what originally was a very negative thread. Community works!!!

Lovebows, Chris

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Thanks for starting this thread. I’m marking my recipes pure as we speak.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

sweet!!! hopefully people won’t be confused and label stuff that’s not all raw as pure.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

yay! i’ve been waiting for this for a while. i’ve just switched over my recipes that apply to this catagory.

i noticed vinegar was not on the dead food list, i’ve never been able to get a straight answer about that, is ACV really raw? i’ve been told by several raw foodist that it is. also what about basalmic. i wonder about dried herbs and spices.

chris?

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

It can be, yet always check. There need not be any heat involved in making cider and vinegar is just a by-product kinda. Sometimes it is pasteurized though. We are lucky in the UK to have Aspall’s. They put their production method on their bottle because they are proud of it.

Lovebows, Chris

• Dehydrated food technically it is not 100% raw. I know everyone says to dehydrate food around 105-115 to be considered safe. The truth of the matter is, when food is dehydrated even at the low temperatures we still lose some of the nutrients of that food, because Dehydration takes the food out of its natural state, so now the food is no longer 100% raw. I was just wondering because I noticed a lot of dehydrated food in the pure category.

What is or not 100% raw is one of the oldest debates in the living food community. I think it takes away the beauty of what this lifestyle is all about, when it is made the focus or and determinate on how raw a person is. There are to many amazing stories on how the body heals its self on this lifestyle, and most of the people were not technically 100% raw.

• missthompkins unless you are extremely particular (not to say that this is good or bad) most raw foodies feel that if the ingredients are raw the recipe is raw. As long as the food is dehydrated under 118 they consider the food to still be very much alive. Here is an article from the Excalibur company.

http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/vegetarian.htm

I hope this helps.

• stylistchick Braggs AVC is raw and evident because of the “mother” in the bottle with the vinegar. I don’t think basalmic is because it may be heat processed. As with a lot of foods marketed and used by raw foodest, the best thing to do is to call the company and ask how anything you are unsure of is processed. That way you will know for sure.

• Notombi you are missing the point of what I am saying, but you can look at it like this an apple does not come from the tree dehydrated. Most living foodist I know think that dehydration does take away some of the nutrients but not all.

• Greetings missT I think we are saying the same thing…LOL I agree “some” of the nutrients but not all. It is still raw and not considered cooked unless heated over 118-120. I just added the article as an FYI.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

I HATE TO BE THE HEAVY!

Let’s please Police this ourselves!

This new category came from a thread by someone who was very upset from continually finding non-raw recipes here on GoneRaw. In the thread it was decided to start a new ‘Tag’ for recipes that contain NO ”Dead Food List” items, so that 100% Raw recipes could be easily found.

There are already recipes showing up containing Agave and Cacao. Can everyone please check their recipes and if it is yours, please either alter the recipe or remove the ’Pure’ tag from it.

Kandace & Ray will get all the complaints about this. Lets not add to their workload any more.

Thank you for your consideration.

Lovebows, Chris

ps: Hello missthompkins, There is already a way to tell if a recipe is dehydrated or not by using the equipment markings. Dehydrating is a mimic of sun drying which I imagine humans did even before fire. Technically as soon as you cut into something it starts loosing nutrients so we would also have to rule out Marinating as well. Maybe we could all agree to start another tag/category called ’Fresh’. This could include recipes that were made without dehydration or marination, containing no dried ingredients and are eaten right away.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

hehee – i accidently marked a recipe with chocolate as being pure. Fixed! please be heavy handed chris, we need to get this right.

The vietnamese zoodle recipe needs to be changed, it has agave! as do these recipes: Blueberry Strawberry Chia Pie with Hemp Almond Crust http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/4331-Creamsicle-...

i use fresh herbs when they are in season but what about dried herbs and spices? i buy organic but i have no way of knowing how they are dried, has anyone investigated various companies selling spices?

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Chris: Thanks for taking the initiative and letting people know about this tag in the recipe comments!

• iknikn

Kandace, how do you add a title to the recipe. For some reason it doesn’t let me. I went back several time to edit, but no success.thanks.

• iknikn

Kandace, how do you add a title to the recipe. For some reason it doesn’t let me. I went back several time to edit, but no success.thanks.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

*Winona* Wow, I haven't been on this site often lately... but I did watch that youtube video that someone posted about agave not being raw because of how it's processed. I was soooo disappointed. Anyway, I want to change that recipe... but right now, it looks like we can't edit any recipes... it's not even in "my recipes". That's all messed up right now... I am guessing it's being worked on. (Again, I haven't kept up with the "issues" on GoneRaw, I just know "they're working on them".) Remind me later... in case I forget. (In the meantime, I'm too busy to visit... goneraw often.)

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Germin8, the recipes you posted prior to the updates are still there on your profile. From your profile, click on the "Track" tab, then go to pages 34 and 35 to see your older recipe contributions. The newer ones are on the first 2 or 3 pages, scattered among the Forums. To the best of my knowledge, no one has been able to make changes to any of their older recipes. I think Ray is still working on this. I have noticed changes to some recipes added after the updates.

The listing behind your "Track" tab is supposed to contain all the Forum topics, recipes and stories (blogs) on which you have posted. They're arranged by activity, with the most recent listed first. The recipes under your "My Favorites" are the ones you've put in your "recipe box". They just changed the terminology.

Click here if you'd like to see how to access and use some of the new features.