From no food to Raw food

Hi Everyone,

I’m just about to finish up a 40 day Master Cleanse (today is day 34) and found the mastercleanser.com forums to be really helpful during this as well as my previous cleanse. The biggest thing that forum gave me was the motivation to transition into a raw foods diet as I break my fast. I never would have even looked at raw before, but the more I read, the more it seems to be the right next step for me.

So, here I am, looking for a community willing to share support and ideas as I learn what raw is all about- guess you can’t really know until you’ve tried it, right?

Looking forward to learning from this community so I can educate others in my life on the health benefits of raw!

Kathryn

Comments

• Welcome KathrynL! I can only say that you are on the right track. Most people tend to have opinions on subjects that they have no knowledge of and thefore they discard things based on prejudice and ignorance. I suggest you to try RAW for at least a few months (2-3) to see some of the benefits to kick in if you are searching for a better health (body, mind and soul). I also suggest you to read as much as you can on the subject, this is very important as it “opens your mind” to “new” realities and will help you shed more light on current nutrition dogmas. Best of luck!

• Thanks melaverde,

Actually, I’ve spent the last 3 weeks obsessing over studying nutrition, particularly raw nutrition, looking at recipes, deciding what kitchen stuff I want to invest in first (ended up deciding on a good set of knives, as I HATE chopping- just lack of practice- and good knives will help me more easily incorporate more fresh veggies into any diet plan)

I’m really excited to come at raw fresh from the Master Cleanse, because rather than eliminating things, I will get to have the fun of adding things. After 40 days of nothing but lemonade, I will need to reintroduce foods really carefully- another advantage of raw- less danger of messing up my system with overly mucousy / fatty foods.

Whatever ends up being right for me, I’m looking forward to develop the habit of incorporating more fresh fruits/vegetables into my diet- it was seriously lacking before.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Wow! Great idea – and welcome! I like how it seems easier for you because you’ve already eliminated EVERYTHING, and you can now add lots of things :)

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Wow, forty days??? that’s awesome! I’ve only done 8 so far.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

wow! that’s amazing. i can barely even do a day of a juice feast. i’m impressed.

well you are in the right place here!

• Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I love the MC, well, at least from around day 5 -18, then it just starts to get boring. But I’ve loved looking around this site, getting excited to try the many different recipes.

Rachel, are you on the MC right now? If your on day 8, you’ve got quite a bit of smooth sailing ahead :), the really rough part should be over.

The one thing I really appreciate about fasting, is that it really does show how much more the body thrives when put in a more “natural” condition. It really makes eating raw the next logical step.

I’m so excited to see what eating raw does for my body. 5 more days of fasting, and a 10 day “slow break-in”period to go! Then I’m sure I’ll have tons of questions for all the lovely folks on this board.