Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

the 'brand spanking' new july 31-day 80/10/10 experience

Comments

• RawKRawK Raw Newbie

hey all, looks like we have another crew up and running for july. i made it thru june’s challenge, but did partake in two cooked meals (low fat). i am back to kick into high gear….i felt great in june and exercising has become that much easier.

yesterday:

breky: 3 lbs cantloupe

lunch: 7 bananas & 5 oz baby spinach smoothie

snack: 2 large peaches & 2 nectarines & 2 corn on the cob (raw) & 1 large heirloom

pre-run: 3 barhi dates

dinner: 2.5 lbs watermelon then later on 3 bananas, 1 cup strawberries & half head of green leaf lettuce smoothie.

dont have time to cron-o-meter that, but im sure its somewhere around 90-5-5.

rode the bike 7 miles in the morning to work and ran home 7 miles. started out groggy on the run, but picked up nicely and was clicking off the miles by the end.

• @Greg: For me, the pros of a raw lifestyle heavily outweigh the cons in my book. Of course, freedom from chronic illness is a huge incentive, but then there’s the increased levels of energy, the simplicity and ease of meal preparation, and the natural physique with clear skin and muscle tone. I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have found a way to get back to my roots after all these years!

Keep experimenting with different fruits/veggies till you find something that appeals. Once the taste buds are rejuvenated, these foods will become much more attractive. When I first did this years ago, I began trying all sorts of things I’d never touch before, and they were good! Hang in there, Amigo… if it’s something you really want or need, the Universe will lead the way :D
    @Kelly: A squirt of lemon juice and tomatoes on a bed of greens is really refreshing to me. We had fresh pineapple on a sweet butter mix last night – WOW. I’m also planning on trying out some of the salad combinations in 80/10/10 now that I’ve got the book in hand! If you haven’t done so already, check out the VegSource.com/talk/raw archives for favorite 811-friendly dressing recipes.
    @Sunnie: About ice in smoothies—I was also curious about this, because it was just too lukewarm for me at room temp here in the sub-tropics. Dr. D. says freezing fruits and vegetables should be minimized (he doesn’t practice this himself,) but it’s one of the least damaging ways to preserve foods. However, “eating frozen and ice-cold foods damages the essential bacterial colonies that live in your gut and may be harmful to the bacteria that produce vitamin B12.” (p. 255)

DAY 2: 1424 CALORIES 89/6/4

FOOD AND MEAL LOG
    Note to Self: Keep a running log on the fridge and write down types/quantities of food for each meal while it’s still fresh on my mind! Our Mac copies all of the hidden details on the ND charts—incentive to do more mono-meals! LOL

BREAKFAST
    Watermelon, raw (2

• Thanks penne, are you in Florida too? I keep my fruit and water refridgerated but it is still not quite cool enough for this Miami heat and humidity. I only add one or two cubes but am trying trying to get away from this as it would be unlikely to find chilled fruit in nature. I do swish and chew to warm it up a bit and make it easier on my system (also to savor).

Just curious RawK, does the strawberry banana combo bother you at all?

• July 3

1443 calories

85/6/9 ratio (carb/prot/fat)

Breakfast: Green Smoothie 1 banana, 4 peaches, 1 kiwi, 4 oz. spinach, 1 cup OJ, @ 1 Tbs ginger, 1 tsp. Barleans fish oil (not raw or vegan, but essential for mental health issues) – this was an EXCELLENT taste combo; the local peaches are fabulous right now.

Midmorning: 2 tiny cantaloupes (I brought 7 of these little 4” long melons at the farmers market Saturday, and really hope they have more this week), 1 banana a little later

Lunch: Salad – 1 oz arugula, 1/3 tomato, 1/6 small vidalia onion, 1/3 cup cucumber; 4 dehydrated corn crackers (corn, flax seed, dulse) equal to @ 0.4 cup sweet corn and 1/2 Tbs flax, 2 cups carrot/apple slaw – carrot, apple, dried cranberries, lemon juice, date

Dinner: 7 oz. romaine leaves, 2 Tbs Newman

• Breakfast: 1 grapefruit & 4 valencias

Lunch: 1 athena melon

Dinner: smoothie – 2 bananas, swiss chard, romaine, radicchio, water

Total: 849 88/8/4

Wasn’t really hungry at dinner but ate (or drank rather) since my calories were down. Didn’t help much though.

Rode bike 20 mi throughout the day.

Super tired so I’m heading to bed early. Going to Tampa this weekend. Kind of nervous about staying 80/10/10 (especially at the raw food meetup) but there is an organic farmer’s market in Sarasota that I plan to stock up at. Good night.

We miss you, el-bo!

• DAY 3 also at http://www.giveittomeraw.com/profiles/blog/show…

-slept two extra hours (woke up in the wee hours of the morning for tiny bm) -felt tired when i woke up but i got up anyway -full bm with some undigested material -ate breakfast around 10 -felt generally tired and developed a headache (rare for me) around noon -read on the couch for several hours w/ headache persisting and eyelids heavy -also stomach gurgled until 2, when i took a sort of restless nap -got up around 3:30 and ate lunch, though i wasn’t exactly hungry; but stomach wasn’t gurgly and was empty -was crabby/irritable/intolerant as hell -headache was gone and stayed at bay until it cropped up here and there around 5 -had dinner at 7:30; after a few bites of the mango, i got all shaky and felt the need to eat fast -still tired and somewhat crabby but not headachy for rest of evening -bloating all the while, after each meal, but what’s new? not as much discomfort as yesterday

Total calories: 1604 93/04/03 C/P/F no exercise

breakfast: 1 mango, 2 kiwis, 2 cups of red grapes (one fruit after the other; not mixed) lunch: 2.25 cups of red grapes blended with 4 celery stalks, followed by 7 or 8 dates dinner: 1 mango, 1 large red tomato, 2 oranges, 1 head of green leaf lettuce

• ^ Yeah the bloated bit is so annoying. But that was an issue before 811 as well.

• Well, I fell into the comfort food trap yesterday and ate some S.A.D. food, but at least I did well until dinner- so it wasn’t a complete failure. The real challenge is going to be today at my in-law’s family gathering. Most of them don’t know I’m raw and are big proponents of meat and potatoes. I think I’m going to go buy a watermelon and crap-load of fruit and just bring that as my contribution to the food. At least then I’ll know I have something. Plus, everyone likes fruit… even the meat and potatoes folk.

http://rawgirlcookedworld.blogspot.com/

Yesterday’s stuff:

Breakfast:

Green Lemonade

3 bananas

Snack: -Lara Bar

Lunch: -7 strawberries -18 cherries -1c grapes

Snack: -1 large apple

Dinner: -1/2c edamame -1c miso soup -2 pieces salmon maki -3 pieces California maki -2 pieces eel maki -1 piece octopus sashimi

Movie treat: 3 oz bag of M&Ms

Fitday: Total Cal: 2103, Fat: 19%, Carb: 72%, Prot: 9%

• Hi Everyone! I had cut apples with my greens last night and that’s a nice combo, even without the usual dressing. We also made a tomato, mango, lemon juice dressing I found on a great site called “The Skinny on Raw.” Monica is an experienced 80/10/10 advocate & coach, and has an excellent article on Eating Out—including outings and picnics.

I did fine with salad the first day, but haven’t really wanted it since—the taste of lettuce past its prime isn’t masked by all the glop I usually put on it (sea salt, avocado oil, with fish or sweet potato on the side were my regulars on Natalia Rose’s plan.) I realized the solution is to avoid pre-packaged stuff and buy fresh greens. There were no convenience salads available the last time I went raw! Live & learn :D

@Sunnie: Yep, we’re here on the Nature Coast, just north of Tampa. There’s talk of starting a Farmer’s Market this fall in the next town over, and Publix offers a discount on bulk organics, so we’re getting there… Enjoy your stay on the Bay!!
    @Kayell: The “Delete Post” (upper right corner of the Formatting Help section) worked for me the other day, but the site has been slow at times, so perhaps that prevented you from being able to remove the duplicate posts.

DAY 3: 1125 CALORIES 91/5/3

FOOD AND MEAL LOG

BREAKFAST
    Nectarines, raw (1 fruit (2-1/2” dia) [136g]) Calories: 60kcal - Bananas, raw (7

• xeno, at least the sushi was raw. :)

And aren’t M&Ms fruit?

• Hello all! Here are a couple Dr. D lectures that I just uploaded to youtube! Enjoy!

Dr. Doug Graham Lecture @ Raw Food Festival

Dr. Doug Graham Lecture @ OrganicAthlete

• July 4

Food Log 1380 calories

87/5/8 ratio (carb/prot/fat)

Breakfast: 1 small yellow watermelon – 5 cups

Mid Morning: 7 oz romaine, 1.5 Tbs Newman’s dressing, 2 peaches, 1/2 cup

blueberries

Lunch: 1.75 mangoes, 2 small tomatoes, 1 Tbs lime juice, 4 sweet corn crackers

Midafternoon: 1 1/2 cups pineapple

Dinner: Fruit smoothie – 1/2 cup pineapple, 1 cup tangerine juice, 3 bananas, 3 apricots

Throughout day: cold weak green tea and water, 1 mug black tea

Exercise/activity for the day: 25 minutes jogging on rebounder 30 squats 30 lunges 30 crunches 30 lat pull downs 30 flies 30 chest presses = 180 calories = 13% of calories eaten

7.15 hours sleep last night

20 minutes sunning

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Have to post for two days.. couldn’t get on the site thursday thursday had a good day.. did a short jog.. slept about 8 hours. Spent well over 40 minutes in the sun throughout the day.

calories ended up being a little low at 1596. 12/80/08 (12 fat, 80 carb, 8 protien)

breakfast: two grapefruit lunch: pint blueberry’s snack: papaya, pretzels, blue corn chips dinner: corn salad with a less than a tablespoon flax oil two pieces ezekiel bread with honey on them

Friday: did not keep to the 8-1-1 challenge. Had a big day planned and decided to go with the flow. Trying not to feel guilty :)

calories: over 421 at 2181 ratio 31/60/09

Breakfast: three banana’s with greens mixed in Lunch: vegetable sandwhich with oil and vinegar carrots dipped in salsa and a little hummus snack: buckwheat mixed with salt and molassas dinner: (went out to a fancy restaraunt with no vegan options, asked chef if he could do something vegan) small plan salad with a little olive oil and lemon some french fry’s pasta with mushrooms cooked.. again.. in more olive oil Went for several walks during the day and spent lots of time in the sun. Slept a whopping 11 hours the night before. Was disciplined about alcholol. Husband and friends were drinking wine and margaritas, my fave’s, and I had literally one sip of each.

Today I feel a little nautious.. all that oil I suppose. But have a very active day planned and dinner at home so I plan to get back on track. My spouse is off with me which makes things a little more challenging as he likes us to have big dinners, etc. but will do my best (that’s all we can do right?)

Planning a two hour, 30 mile bike ride this afternoon followed by some strawberry picking at a local orchard. About to head out on a 30 minute jog now in addition. Hopefully the increased activity will offset the poor eating yesterday. Plan to eat today 3 banana’s large papaya large bunch of grapes greens then I’m not sure what for dinner.. will post tommorrow with totals, etc. Good luck today everyone! I think the 8-1-1 is not too hard when your in your routines but kind of tough on weekends, holidays, restaurants!

• Fresh romaine wraps with tomato slices and tomato/mango/lemon “soup” on the side works for me! :D Sign up for Monica’s free newsletter (see link in previous post) and she includes a PDF chart of 811-friendly foods. Very nicely organized!

@Kelley: Check out the link to Monica’s site mentioned above for support in going solo amongst friends and family. It’s all about keeping the focus not on what you have to lose, but what you have to gain! Stick to your principles, lead by example, and avoid the appearance of food snobbery at all costs, especially with the spouse ;-)

@Kayell: I was “duped” by GR, too!! Thankfully, I copied my post for today because “Something went wrong” when I went to save my reply, and all would’ve been lost :P Ning has really spoiled me when it comes to ease of navigation, research & posting, but Dr. Graham’s forum on VegSource is the most comprehensive for a newbie (activity and information-wise,) despite the time it takes to load all those ads! :P Think I’ll follow El’s lead and relax the rest of the weekend. I’ll be back the next time I can log on to GR without a long delay in accessing the thread.

Laissez les bons temps rouler ~ I AM! (Let the good times roll! :o)

DAY 4: 1260 CALORIES 90/5/4

FOOD AND MEAL LOG

BREAKFAST
    Watermelon, raw (3

• July 5

Food Log 1370 calories

83/6/11 ratio (carb/prot/fat)

Breakfast: Smoothie – pineapple, apricot, banana, tangerine juice, ginger

Mid Morning: 7 oz romaine, 1.5 Tbs Newman’s dressing

Lunch: mango, 1 peach, 2 apricots, 1 persimmon, 4 sweet corn crackers

Midafternoon: 2 cups cantaloupe

Dinner: 7 oz romaine, 2 Tbs Newmans lowfat sesame ginger, 1/4 cup tangerine juice, 1 banana, 3 medjool dates, 7 filbers

Throughout day: cold weak green tea and lime flavored water, 1 mug genmai cha

Exercise/activity for the day: zip organized exercise, fairly busy around house

8.15 hours sleep last night

20 minutes sunning + 20 minutes outside in cloudy skies

Comments So far everything is going well. 80/10/10 seems very feasible for me long term. My motivation and energy level is noticably higher already, and I’ve been doing some home projects that I’ve avoided for quite a while.

Some things to work on: The biggie – cut out the tea. This will be pretty hard, and is definitely my addiction. On the other hand, I eliminated coffee this spring. I’m going to wean off, since caffeine withdrawal is so painful. Current strategy is to dilute any (already very weakly brewed) tea by 1/2, to drink lime juice flavored water every 3rd glass, and to substitute genmai cha for my morning mug.

Finding something to replace the salad dressing I like best – I’m looking for something tangy and a bit sweet, with lots of flavor. I’m actually starting to find the salt annoying in my current dressing. Suggestions would be welcomed.

Bring myself to cut out the corn crackers. Argh! I’m in the middle of sweet corn season. How does Dr. D feel about the occasional raw sweet corn binge in season? Not good, I’d bet. :(

Get more organized on my exercise routine.

Spend a lot more time outdoors, walking etc.

luckypenne: thanks so much for the advice .. I’ll try it for sure! So this long weekend ended up being more about seeing where I am currently out fat wise and less about actually following the 8-1-1 principals (although I did, today, finally finish the book). It was truly one of the only holiday weekends the spouse and I have been off together so I ate mostly cooked dinners but kept them low fat and always strict vegan. I also am using nutridiary religiously and would love to post all my numbers here but got four days behind because I haven’t been able to get on this site until now. My calories were fine each day.. one day I was over by about 400 and two days well under so they balanced out. I also kept my fat around 10 percent except for one naughty day. I will really focus on cutting out the cooked grains in the evening this week and continuing to move toward 8-1-1. I have upped my fruit a lot and cut out salt/ condiments.. baby steps I guess

• July 6

Food Log 1553 calories

87/6/7 ratio (carb/prot/fat)

Breakfast: 1/2 small orange watermelon – 2 cups green smoothie w 2 cups blackberries, 1 cup tangerine juice, 2 apricots, 1 banana, 4 oz spinach

Lunch: 3 tomatoes, 1 banana pepper, 1/2 english cuke, 1/2 vidalia onion 1 banana

Midafternoon: 7 oz romaine, 1.5 Tbs Newman’s dressing

Dinner: Fruit smoothie – banana, peach, mango, dates

Throughout day: cold weak green tea and lime juice flavored water, 1 mug genmai cha

Exercise/activity for the day: moved all the furniture in the dining room out, ripped up the nasty old wall to wall (who puts carpet in a dining room?!), swept, mopped, moved all the furniture back

8.15 hours sleep last night

20+ minutes sunning

• Awesome! I am a devote 811r here – 100% 811v and about 95% r – love it!! I would love to talk with folks interested in a 811 intentional community!!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey everyone! I’m following this thread with interest and sticking to 811 in my daily life. I’ve been eating intuitively, and all is well. I’m working on letting go a marijuana attachment at the moment, and it helps to know that I’m focusing on my diet and feeling so good on it. I haven’t been measuring my calories at all, but I do give myself permission to eat like crazy and I am never hungry. The cravings for SAD food aren’t there anymore, and I’ve been detoxing, especially via a runny nose.

I’ve been running and biking daily, lifting weights, yoga and jump roping for exercise. I’d like to add more yoga in there, too. The difference this month with 811 for me has been the addition of regular gigantic salads every night, after I finish my fruit feast. I’m starting to like greens more and definitely feel more balanced when I have that salad at night. I still have fruit-only through, and have been mono-mealing on bananas = mostly because the Whole Foods where I work has had boxes upon boxes of overripe organic bananas that they can’t sell; so I’ve been eating them.

That and peaches.

Anyway, I’m loving this eating style and can’t wait to meet some 811’ers in my own area (Boston).

• July 7

Food Log 1486 calories

87/6/7 ratio (carb/prot/fat)

Breakfast: 1 medium cantaloupe green smoothie w peaches, mango, banana, spinach

Lunch: 3 tomatoes, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 english cuke, 1/2 vidalia onion 1 banana 25 cherries

Dinner: 2 bananas, 1 pear, 1 mango, 6 small dates (I found some Barhi dates while cleaning out the freezer, and yeah, frozen, but OMG, so good!)

Throughout day: cold weak green tea and lime juice flavored water, 1 mug genmai cha

Exercise/activity for the day: “Ministry of Silly Walks” stretching 33 minutes jogging on rebounder 30 crunches 10 squats 10 plie squats 10 reclining (on ball) squats 10 lunges 10 side lunges 10 alternating supermans on ball 10 ball leg lifts 10 hip lifts on ball

7:45 hours/minutes sleep last night

20 minutes sunning

• DAY 4 also at: http://www.giveittomeraw.com/profiles/blog/show…

total cal: 1156 89/7/4 C/P/F

breakfast: 1 med. cantaloupe lunch: 2 cups cherries before 6 medium bananas dinner: 2 oranges, about a pound of leafy greens, 2 small yellow tomatoes, 1 medium orange tomato

exercise (before breakfast): ran for 37 minutes; 3 sets ea. 15 push-ups, 40 sit-ups, 5 bicep curls; 2 sets 10 tricep lifts

sleep: about 8 hours

notes: -full bm w/ some undigested mat’l -lotsa bloating and gas after each meal -had a big adrenaline scare around 4; was very nearly in what would have been a catastrophic car accident w/ aggressive, reckless driver trying to pass me despite oncoming traffic; i slammed on brakes and he managed to squeeze in front of me in the nick of time; i pulled over and cried and shook a lot until it was all out; was exhausted when i got home so slept for a couple hours; felt nauseous for a while after i awoke, so had dinner quite late, at 8:45 -all in all, the experience messed with me so i lacked hunger and only got about half the day’s calories

• DAY 5 also at http://www.giveittomeraw.com/profiles/blog/show…

sleep: 8-9 hours

breakfast: large honeydew, split and eaten over 2 hours lunch: 4 cups grapes and 8 sticks celery smoothie early dinner: 5.25 cups pear chunks, 2 bananas smoothie later dinner: 1/2 avocado and 1/2 tbsp sunflower seeds

exercise: rode my bike for about 1/2-hour, mostly up steep hills (evening)

total calories: 2067 85/5/10 C/P/F

notes: -full bm w/ some undigested mat’l -ate juicy fruit most times i was thirsty, instead of drinking water, to try to fill myself with calories instead of water; felt satisfied for water all day and almost got enough calories -giant bloating after each meal, but it subsided significantly over time -energy stable all day -acne: increased activity on face and back; also, skin drying/flaking on forehead

• DAY 6 also at http://www.giveittomeraw.com/profiles/blog/show…

sleep: 12 hours energy: overall, my energy is waning.

breakfast: 2 cups cherries lunch: 8 apricots, 6 leaves of green leaf lettuce, 2 large pears (smoothie) dinner: 1.5 cups cabbage, 2 valencia oranges snack: 1.5 cups cherries, 1 medium banana

total calories: 893 91/6/3 C/P/F

notes: i’m having trouble eating enough calories without feeling bloated and overwhelmed in the process. the giant fruit meals are causing me to suffer. got headache and nausea after eating cherries (this also happened friday). i am so tired of the insane bloating and gas and discomfort that makes movement difficult!

• Greg> Hahah… I wish M&M’s were fruit!

Well, like other’s have already said, been having trouble with the site lately. They must really have bandwith issues or something.

I actually did well on the 4th at my fiance’s family party. I brought 2 pineapple, a watermelon, a pint of strawberries, and bag of grapes. It was funny that all his meat and potatoes family members were more excited about the fresh fruit than the other stuff.

I didn’t do as well on Saturday, though. I had my cousin’s grad party to go to, and there wasn’t really any fruit available. I ended up eating cooked food, but on a positive note, though, I had eaten 80/10/10 all day before that.

Today marked my first official 80/10/10-follow-the-book day. I didn’t juice like I normally do, no LaraBar, no nuts or seeds- I just followed day 1 for the Summer Meal Plan. It was a challenge, but I managed to eat half the watermelon for breakfast. Lunch was great, too. It was dinner that I struggled with. I did fine with the first two courses, but there was no way I could eat all of the salad. I mean… a pound of lettuce, a cucumber, a tomato, and a mango/pepper dressing on top. I think I managed to eat about a fourth of it. It wasn’t even that my stomach got full, I don’t think… I just got tired of the taste, and the texture. Does anyone else struggle with this?

Anyways, today’s grub:

B: 1/2 watermelon

L: 4 peaches, 4 bananas blended

Snack: 1 apple, 1 kiwi

Dinner: 1) mango with lime juice, 2) mango+tomato blended into soup, 3) 1/4th of salad (romaine, tomato, cucumber, red pepper, mango)

Didn’t get in my run today because I got stuck working late tonight. Better luck tomorrow I guess.

Here’s FitDay:

TotalCal: 1825, Fat: 8%, Carbs: 86%, Prot: 6%

http://www.rawgirlcookedworld.blogspot.com

• DAY 7 also at: http://www.giveittomeraw.com/profiles/blog/show…

sleep: 8 hours exercise: ran for 40 minutes (1/3 uphill), did pushups, crunches, bicep curls, tricep lifts, calf lifts

breakfast: 1 medium cantaloupe lunch: 6 medium bananas, 2 medium kiwis (smoothie) snack: 2 slices pineapple dinner: 1 lb strawberries, 4 valencia oranges, 1 head romaine, 1/2 large cucumber

total calories: 1509 88/7/5 C/P/F

notes: -i can’t continue to eat this way. i am stuffing myself beyond reasonable capacity to try to get calories and feeling terrible for hours afterward. it’s painful. it’s miserable. the only time i feel good now is when i wake up and exercise. that’s an exaggeration, but the overarching trend here is that i can’t eat this way. -acne: worsening -after many small bms yesterday and one medium bm this morning, i had a huge bm during my run (yes, there was a bush nearby) -i may be soon to menstruate, though i never can tell when it’ll hit

• is anyone else experiencing difficulty/stress trying to consume “enough” calories? my nutridiary and 80/10/10 say i need at least 2000 but i haven’t once made it there. furthermore, i’m stuffing myself so excessively that i feel nauseous and headachy, and i still barely come close to eating enough. i’ve tried spreading my meals out over longer periods of time or eating more, smaller meals (which is the worst way for me to accumulate cals). i wouldn’t be surprised if i rarely made 2000 calories when i ate high fat raw. maybe the prescribed number of calories in 80/10/10 and on nutridiary simply don’t make sense for me. but i only weigh 105 (at 5’6”, with small bones and not a lot of muscle) and i really don’t want to lose much more. feeling confused and at a loss and like i am not willing to eat/feel this way again tomorrow. thoughts from others??

• hilary….i think you’re doing great, but think you need to hold back for a while…it shoudn’t feel like such a trial to get the calories that you need…..maybe 2000 is too high for you…i’ll have to check, but at your height/weight it seems to be quite high

also i know you’ve been having digestive issues with this change over…i think you should definately go easier for a whiloe…you shouldn’t be feeling so bad, all the time

maybe try simplifying things a bit…..don’t think about 2000 calories at the moment…..i know dr.graham sometimes recommends a week of just bananas as a 1st step into 811….good for calories and great for digestion…and also don’t worry about spreading your meals out at the moment….IDEALLY you will eat more on fewer occasions, but that’s something to develope over time….remember fruit mono meals will digest very easily, so eating more frequently will be less of an issue

blending your food may also be of benefit at the beginning

how about something like this

beakfast: orange juice (a litre will give you about 460 calories)

then 3 further meals, each of 3 bananas and 80-100g lettuce (blended in a smoothie if you want)...chew thoroughly and drink a lot of water through the day

you could also skip the greens entirely for a while if you want to further simplify things for your digestion, and i think it would probably help

i think it may be worth posting this over at the vegsource forum if you are still worried…see what dr.d says?

i hope this helps

i’ll post back later with my stats….’tis good to finally be able to get back on this site :o)

• hilary…i just entered your details (height/weight) into a bmr calculator….i put your age at 30 (sorry, just a crap guess…don’t wanna offend)

anyways…as i thought, your bmr is much lower….at rest you should be consuming approx 1285 calories….then let your hunger, induced by the further activity, decide how much more to eat….

so 4 meals of 4 bananas will cover everything…..try it for 5 days, see if it helps….

and ,in the very wise words of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, DON’T PANIC !

• Hey, something’s definitely different today! :D Heard GR has plans to move to a new host this week, so there may be a few more delays in accessing the site before all’s said and done.

@Hilary: If you’re worried about detoxing symptoms, I’d definitely consult VegSource and Dr. D (put his name in the title.) Sounds like you’re right on track to me, though, depending on your level of 811, if not rv. I’m happy to say that the ole bod seems to recall living the good life ten years ago (with a little assistance from Natalia Rose’s easy transition plan over the previous five months, high fat, though it was :P) I’M BACK!!! Free again at long last, and confident that volume (and greens) are key for overcoming cooked food and other addictions/dis-ease as well.

2000kcal is the default at ND. Try the Control Panel to personalize your settings for BMR, Activity level (which will probably push the numbers back up over the top,) etc. For the past two days, I have had to make an extra effort to meet my daily goal (approx. 2450 on an active day minus 1000 for “2-lb/wk” weight loss; 5’5”@Age 46.) I haven’t gone to the extreme in making myself miserable to do it, though, but gradually increased my intake by a few bites past comfortable at each meal. Baby steps, as Kelley says… I also utilize the suggestion to eat a “pre-meal” of fruit at dinnertime, with a snack at mid-morning or before bedtime, if necessary to get the calorie count up. Tracking has been a tremendous help in providing feedback, especially in this area.

Here are my stats in a “nutshell” for the past few days. Menu has stayed pretty much the same, although my case of organic bananas ripened up rapidly and we’ve been on a smoothie binge all weekend! LOL “Just Bananas” (recipe from the book) 2lbs. sweet, well-ripened bananas blended with 16oz [chilled] water = Perfect temp, perfect taste for 811 wannabes who are used to having them on the frosty side! :D

DAYS 5, 6, 7:
    762 kcal 90/6/4 (Gauging by hunger only didn’t work well for me!)
    1451 kcal 92/5/3
    1486 kcal 92/5/3

Ministry of Silly Walks @Kayell – this is a gas (pun intended, of course!) :D We just watched “Holy Grail” the other night and DH picked up a coconut so the kids could play Knights of the Round Table ;-) Oh, and Monica’s blend (mentioned in previous post) with equal parts of tomato and mango (1 cup each), plus the juice of one lemon (more or less to taste,) makes a nice sweet, tangy dressing and gazpacho, if thickened a bit with more mango.

Activity/Minutes/kcal
    5) TMI (DH is a marathoner and raw food advocate for me, but not yet one himself ;-) 25 9 Ditto 40 15 Walk/run-playing with child(ren)-vigorous (dancing with tired toddler on hip – exercise is great for putting a wee one right out at naptime) 30 120

6) Walk/run-playing with child(ren)-vigorous (ditto) 45 180 TMI ;-) 25 9

7) Walk/run-playing with child(ren)-vigorous (ditto) 25 100

My tastes are rapidly adapting and expanding, as is my ability to consume larger quantities of what used to taste pretty bland (the green stuff) without my usual concoction of salty fats on top, so I’m extremely pleased with this first week’s progress! Thanks to El and everyone who has contributed to this experience :D

@PureJoy: C’mon over and join our IC group at GI2MR! Follow the link on my profile page and scroll through my list of groups there.

@Ryan: Thanks for the vid links—AWESOME!! If you guys want some inspiration and encouragement straight from the horse’s mouth, listen to Dr. Graham lecture on the subject of 811rv!! FEEL GOOD & BE WELL!!!

Everyone is doing so well! I love to hear it. Today will be the day I really get on track. Having breakfast: grapefruit with large mess of red grapes lunch: huge papaya and a mango with some kale chopped up in dinner: green salad with tomato and red onion snack: three banana’s mashed together exercise: running for 90 minutes, lifting weight for 20 slept: 10 hours last night sun time: 90 minutes while running.. it’s hot here! almost 90 degrees! woo hoo! I love the heat Ate a lot of cooked food over the weekend, ready to get back to raw and really give the 8-1-1 a go. Will try to look over Dr. G’s meal plans for ideas.. nutridiary has me way low for calories today but good percentages.. 6/84/10