Sunflower milk

LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Sunflower milk is one of my favorit nut milk,and latelly I’m drinking a lot of it.I’m eating practically salads and sprouts,and I have noted that I gain some weight.Could anyone tell me about the calorie of sunflower milk?I’m pretty sure that it is it that is making me gain weight.

Comments

• PamPam

I don’t know, Lucy, but I was wondering if you can tell me how to make sunflower milk? My daughter is very thin and on a really tight budget. After my last visit, she went raw and started to lose weight… and it’s very expensive for her to make almond milk. I’m trying to send her some recipes that are cheap and calorie-dense. Thanks!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Pam,it’s very simple.I always make 1/2 cup sunflower ,2 cups or even 3 cups of water (I like very thin) and agave,or honey.I never strain it because it is delicious,and it looks like milk,very white …wonderful.I’m pretty sure that got me some pounds,and I’ll miss it a lot.My husband also liked a lot,and unfortunatelly we’ll have to have it once a week.Hope your daughter likes it as much as I do,and as you know it’s very cheap.I always soak the sunflower overnight.You can put some banana,orange,or apple.On www.aniphyo.com has a recipe with pecans and orange called fuzzy navel,but I always make it with sunflower,orange and agave.Umbelievable !!!

• PamPam

Hey Lucy. Sounds delicious! Thank you so much! So you just blend the sunnies, water and agave and you don’t strain? That’s super easy… and, yes, cheap. She’ll love it!

I am lost with what to tell her. She is the complete opposite of me. I look at food… even raw food… and I gain weight. She eats non-stop and her size 3s (she’s 5’10”) are falling off her. Hard to relate! ;o)

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Oh my God!!! I’m like you.I can not have anything because I gain weight very easy.I have to stay with my fruits and veggies for a long time till I can have my sunflower milk again. Another thing Pam,on the same site www.aniphyo.com she has an avocado soup with miso that I am sure that makes you gain weight.But if she drinks the sunflower milk evryday I’m sure that she will gain weight.

• Lucy, I got this from fitday.com.

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 0.5 cup, hulled sunflower seed, unroasted

Calories 410.4

Calories from Fat 321.21

% Daily Value

Total Fat 35.69g 55%

Saturated Fat 3.74g 19%

Polyunsaturated Fat 23.57g

Monounsaturated Fat 6.81g

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 2.16mg 0%

Potassium 496.08mg 14%

Total Carbohydrate 13.51g 5%

Dietary Fiber 7.56g 30%

Protein 16.4g 33%

Alcohol 0g

Vitamin A 1 % Vitamin C 2 %

Calcium 8 % Iron 27 %

Vitamin D 0 % Vitamin E 81 %

Thiamin 82 % Riboflavin 9 %

Niacin 16 % Folate 41 %

Vitamin B-6 28 % Vitamin B-12 0 %

Phosphorus 51 % Magnesium 64 %

Zinc 24 % Copper 63 %

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

• I think I’ll make sunflower milk as almond milk is too expensive. So, Lucy, you said you eat the pulp with the milk? Thanks for sharing.

• PamPam

Thanks, Lucy! I’ll check out the soup recipe, though she’s going to have to find a cheap source of avos. She lives in a small town, but I told her to check the one Asian store.

If you don’t strain the seeds out, then I guess Hungry Girl is right… the milk is equal to the calories in the sunnies, plus about 60 calories a T. for the agave.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi hungry girl, thank you so much for this information. Wow!!! I was driking at leat 6 cups a day,because it’s so delicious,cheap, and simple to make.Sometimes I was drinking just the sunflower milk for the intire day.Now I understand how I got that extra weight. It’s being 3 days that I am off the milk and I already feel much lighter.And yes,I didn’t strain because,as you are going to taste it,it is DELICIOUS. My husband loves almond milk and completly changed for the delicious taste of the sunflower milk. Pam,hope your daughter can find the avocados,if not,just the sunflower milk is a meal in itself.