is there such a thing as raw almond butter?

nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

and if so…where can i get it? I know raw almonds are really hard to find, but i was wondering if maybe raw almond butter was somehow different? maybe even imported since it keeps longer?

thanks for any help.

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Artisana makes one, but the really raw ones are about $25 a jar! I started buying my almonds raw from…ooh…have to get back to you…I think it’s “Almonds from California”. Anyway i make my own almond butter—just almonds and almond oil. There are recipes here as well.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

The site is www.almonds-from-california.com i just bought 10 pounds for $59.99!!!! Really raw unpasturized almonds for $6 a pound on special this week!!! Woo-hoo!

• I love almond butter! Especially Almondie raw almond butter made from skinless, unpasteurized almonds. A real delicious treat!

• wow.

can I make it in a blender? I do have to add water to make the blender work don't I? Or is it ok with just the almond and the oil? I really think I have to go looking for that recipe!:-D

• there is a brand called Maranatha that has raw almond butter that they claim to be raw, it is SO GOOD!

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=172832&prrfnbr=198786