Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Body building on raw

For those of you interested in body building here is a great resource I found: http://www.charliesgym.info/

I even got that question from a trainer when I told him I was eating a raw vegan diet … “where do you get your protein?” Lots of misinformation out there!

Comments

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

interesting site….I noted that he says no cardio exercise. I still need this which may be another factor of my addiction, not sure….it does increase my appetite in a way that’s unhelpful as far as being able to afford all raw….I’d like to get the point where I’m content with just walking-as it is now I still bike hard on a regular basis and miss the rush/destress if I leave it out of my day….hmmmm…transitioning towards contentment, I suppose :-D

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Bluejett8, I fully understand what you are saying. I am trying to get to a point in my life where all I have to do to maintain my weight is eat raw and take a nice walk with some yoga, pilates, or other form of weight/body work. Just this week I took a BIG leap of faith (for me) and decreased my cardio from 1 hour to 45 min.,and increased my weight/body work. We will see how it worked when I weigh myself tomorrow.

SocaL, since you have got the eating thing down for you, I would love to hear what types of exercise you do for physical fitness.

• I do 15 minutes on treadmill / bicycle and 30 minutes of strength / weight lifting every second day. Off days I will walk for 45 – 60 minutes. Mostly it’s a matter of the amount of time available. If I had unlimited time I would extend all of this.

• Spritedmama – even before I went raw, I reduced my cardio and increased my weight/bodywork and lost more inches than just doing a lot of cardio.

Since going raw, I noticed I can do 2x the amount of weight/body work than I did before.

Thanks SocaL and barose for your input. I am really excited at the potential of being able to enjoy a walk or hike and do some body work along with raw to maintain my weight. To me, it just seems so much more natural! We weren’t born with elipticals, treadmills, etc. and we only ran when we had to, I hate feeling like a hampster on a wheel sometimes when I am exercising. I do like to run and walk, but sometimes I get hyper focused and then loose my motivation. Keeping it simple would be so liberating for me!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I love that site, its really inspiring! But Ill stick with my relaxing yoga :)

• okay, so I know all I do is ask relentless questions on here but here goes another one! (ha) exercise – are raw foodists “supposed” to be doing a certain kind or amount? I’m typically very active, rock climbing, long distance road cycling, running, swimming, yoga-ing (not ALL in one day of course), is this still okay or am I supposed to be doing “lighter” exercises…

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

not at all! Raw foods are packed with energy. Anything you want to do, go for it! There are no one type of exercise or no time limits.

Vaughn

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

I enjoy tons of exercise !!! more and more as I get closer to %100 raw….I think you’re just supposed to be gentle when detoxing at first…

• Charlies a great guy!

• This is great, thanks very much for the link.

• Being raw actually goes hand in hand with exercising. Our bodies are working at full capacity to enable our bodies to benefit from the exercise. I now exercise for the joy of being physical verses the original idea to lose weight.

Does anyone know what happened to the Charlie’s Gym site? I went to view it today and it’s gone! I am so sad. I hadn’t gotten around to looking at it until today.