Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

low immune system

HELP

I have an immune system disorder. But recently, I have had a series of bugs and ill health resulting in a cold sore on my upper lip and a lot of mucous in my sinuses. I understand that some of this might be detox, but I also know that my immune system is very low.

Does anyone know what I can do, herbs? whatever? that i can I use to build up my immune system again. I have recently started drinking fuit juices and smoothies every day and a green smoothie made of cabbages,kale and spinach as well. Plus a carrot, apple and celery drink. I don’t eat 100% raw yet. I have been eating ‘easy’ comfort food as I haven’t the strength to do anything else. I have decided that I don’t care what the family think, I am the one who is ill and so I am going ahead with this way of eating.

I would appreciate your help and advice.

Comments

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hi bluebells, pau d’arco is very good for building immunity. It’s also important to keep Vitamin C levels high. Goji berries are good too. Nature’s biotic is a good quality supplement which claims to help build up immunity too. Your health will improve as you eat a good variety of natural unprocessed foods.

• Thanks, I have used Echinacea during the bugs, but it cannot be taken every day can it. I will buy some Paul d’arco tea and give it a long whirl Thanks again.

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

hi there,

this is just my experience, not an advice, but if it helps you in any way, great…: I was taking for months echinacea, probiotics and another things to improve my immune system in order to improve my allergy (sneeze, itching, running nose etc) when eating sad. There was no improvement at all. That was one of the reasons to starting eating raw. After 1 week (more or less) eating high raw (everything raw but bread and probably carob) I started to feel improvements, after two months I had only running nose when I woke up (gone after breakfast). After those two months I ate sad foods again and all the symptoms came back quickly. They have improve again going back to high raw. I don’t know what allergies are, if they are a symptom of other things, etc, i’m not a doctor. I only know that my body can’t fight my allergy when I eat SAD, and that my body makes much better when I eat high raw.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi Bluebells, Here is some information that may help you:

When we heat food above the human body temperature of 38 degrees, it changes. This heated food effects our health much differently than natural, unchanged foods.

Prior to 1930, It was believed that whenever we ate, there was an immune system response as if we were poisoned. An immediate rise in white blood cells, by about 300%. White blood cells are our body’s soldiers, they are produced to fight off threats, like poison, trauma or disease. This reaction to eating was called Digestive Leukocytosis and thought to be normal.

In 1930, Dr Paul Kouchakoff conducted research to compare the effects of cooked food versus raw food. He discovered that Digestive Leukocytosis occurred only when cooked or processed food was eaten. He found that there is no immune system response when we eat our food in it’s natural, unheated, unprocessed state.

Because of Digestive Leukocytosis, eating cooked food keeps our immune system in a constant state of emergency. Even what we call allergies are just our over burdened immune system literally freaking out when a new irritant is encountered.

Another immune system response to cooked food is mucus. When cooked food is eaten, our bodies try to protect us from this invasion by creating mucus. This mucus makes a wall between the food and our bodies. The mucus builds up in our guts, causing Mucoid Plaque. This is a rubbery hose which lines the intestines and severely reduces the amount of nutrition we can take in from our food.

After years of cooked food, our immune system literally gets worn out. We become run down, and illness becomes a normal part of life. We think that we are just ageing. We believe we have no choice other than to be sick.

When we eat Purely Raw foods, our immune system rests and recovers. People who switch to eating only raw foods always experience the same thing. Lifelong problems, conditions and diseases go away, usually within weeks or months.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

Although I agree with many things Zoe says, the truth is, Dr. Kouchakoff’s experimental results have never been confirmed in a double-blind or even a blind study, and has been criticized by scientists. Just another perspective.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

bluebells, i have an immune disorder too. i have been doing a lot of immune boosting lately. anything with vitamin A, C, and E are going to help you. The juicing is great. I also drink kombucha daily and take herbs and naturopathic treatments. Constitutional hydrotherapy has been great. There are studies that have shown it has improved AIDs patients. (google it, it is not colonics.)

Even if you are not raw, I would avoid processed foods such as flour and sugar, and meat and dairy. Then go from there.

• Thank you everyone for your input. I think also, that when I am not very well, perhaps raw soups and just juices would be better than going for the easy junk food. It’s just that my husband prefers cooked and just a minimal of raw, so when he is preparing meals he goes for whatever is easiest. I shall have to look at and try lots of raw recipes which mimic cooked food. The carrot cake on this morning looks hopeful. He loves carrot cake. Once again thanks and God bless.

• Have you heard of the product Defense? Its 100% raw. I defiantly recommend this product. I have taken this product for 2 years now and my Immune strength has stayed amazingly strong. If I get sick at all it

• Definitely go to the naturopath who can mix herbs to enhance your white blood cell count. I also have low white blood cell count, and i constantly feely achy and have sore throats… it is annoying. keep up with zinc, vitamin C, Echiniacia, Aralgus,

• Justin, I have never heard of the product defense. I will look it up. I feel that if a bug sees me coming down the road it thinks I am a taxi and jumps on me. I really appreciate this. I love cumin.

Sofichka, what id Aralgus?? I hope you feel better before the winter.

Bitt, What is kombucha?

JUSTIN….I have googled for Defense, but cannot find it. Who makes it?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Young thai coconut water helps me. I drink 1 per day for a few weeks to boost immunity. What Zoe said about eating all raw helps me as well. And green juices or smoothies are an excellent staple. You could make a spinach, apple, avocado soup that’s light and refreshing to get your greens.

• It is also important to understand which whiteblood cells are problematic, there are 3 different types. I advise you get further blood tests to reveal this. The best is to sit with a good GP/Naturopath who can start you on a treatment plan to increase the white blood cells and in turn increase your immune system so you don’t feel so awful and get sick all the time. It will also depend how long you have been unwell for as well.

The most effective herbs for this are Astragalus

Ligustrum

Codonopsis

Reishi

Shiitake

You might also like to take a probiotic as well.

• This is a good response. Thank you all. Justin, I will get back to you later on. Thanks for your help. I believe it is the medication that the doctor gives me for my health problem which is causing this. I have stopped taking it and am trying to heal myself through natural eating and natural methods. I have written down all the herbs and information. I have also changed my mattress and pillow to get a more comfortable nights sleep. I belive lack of sleep wasn’t helping much. But my new mattress is perfect.