dehydrator

Hello all, I’m coming off the master cleanse in a few days and have a new dehydrator that i want to experiment with. I am not raw, i’m vegan, but i plan on gradually incorporating more and more raw food into my life.

any simple/fun/interesting suggestions for me?

id like to make something really tasty but basic. Ive looked at a bunch of recipes and cannot decide.

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I would eat very lightly first—raw soups, fruits, smoothies. Dehydrated food can be very heavy, depending on the recipe so I would stay away from the burgers, flax crackers and nut-based dessert recipes. I made the kale chips once—even those contain tahini, which your system will not be ready for just yet. It sounds like you are excited about your dehydrator (rightly so)—maybe a fruit leather recipe?

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

fruit leather would be fun! I also have dried apricots in the dehydrator.

• thats awesome advice. i appreciate it very much. i was definitely reading burger recipes! but ill start with fruit leather.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Another nice idea is to make stir fry, just chop the veggies you’d normally find in a stir fry and put it in the dehydrator to soften and warm. You can make stews this way too.

I also love 1/2 way dehydrated pineapple and tomatoes, delish ;)

• OOHHH, my favorite absolute staple for a dehydrator is granola, it’s portable, makes a ton and it can incorporate many other items than what is listed in the recipe, like blueberries, bananas, etc…it’s quite versatile and since it makes a ton, you can eat for a month with it.