Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Retreats?

Does anyone know of any good raw retreats on the East Coast? (Ideally, the NY area?) Ive found several in CA, and the West Coast areas.. but nothing local to me.

Comments

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Try Hallelujah Acres. They may have a bit of a religous spin on raw, but they do some good things like printing and distributing ‘Raw Eating’ which is the book ‘Nature’s First Law’ was plagurised from. They sell it cheap too! This is not a personal reference though since I’ve never used their services. Here is the link…

http://www.hallelujahacresclinic.com/aboutHA.php

• You might want to contact Chef Mandy who will be doing raw retreats in Edmond, OK in the near future. Her website is www.eatingintheraw.org. She’s amazing and has a nice place where she’ll be doing 5 day retreats. Good luck!

• Alissa Cohen has a B&B in Kittery Maine that she holds a 30 day raw retreat and raw chef classes. I get emails on this all the time but have never seen it mentioned on her website. You could probably call her contact number on her website and ask about it.

• Hi Odessa,

there is a website www.americanyogini.com they are located in NY and they offer retreats, raw cooking lessons and fasts and yoga. I do not know them personally and haven’t been there but I saw that you were looking for a retreat in the NY area. They are in Remsenberg NY and you take the hampton jitney to the Manorville stop and they have a free shuttle to the retreat. Check it out, they seem cool and its a woman owned business always a plus for me. Blessings, :) dea.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Rhio is based in New York may be worth checking out her site, could be something on here for you

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

americanyogini is also a member of this site!

• PamPam

Alissa Cohen also has shorter retreats. Also, check out rawfoodinfo.com under Lifestyle Events or something like that. (I believe this is Rhio’s site that Zoe is referring to above.)

• Thanks Everyone!