Master Cleanse starting tomorrow - July 1st

RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I’m going to start a master cleanse starting tomorrow for an indefinite amount of time. I’ve gained weight due to menopause and potlucks and parties. Anyone who wants to join in for any length of time is welcome. I’ve done two MC’s before, both with great success, but it helps to have support. Hope you’ll join.

Comments

• I am starting tomorrow too! I decided not to give myself any type of time limit. I am just going to do it for as long as I want to do it. At first I worried about fourth of July (and my husband’s family is having a reunion this weekend too) but then I realized, there will be nothing there for me to eat anyway, so why not continue my master cleanse??? Hopefully I can go to King’s Dominion on Friday and stay on it!

• I am starting tomorrow too! I decided not to give myself any type of time limit. I am just going to do it for as long as I want to do it. At first I worried about fourth of July (and my husband’s family is having a reunion this weekend too) but then I realized, there will be nothing there for me to eat anyway, so why not continue my master cleanse??? Hopefully I can go to King’s Dominion on Friday and stay on it!

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

wannaBraw, sounds like we’re on the same page! It’ll be great to do it together. Fantastic. I had to look up King’s Dominion up on the internet. I didn’t know what it was. To me, it sounded like a religious holiday, but it seemed unlikely that it would be on the 4th of July. It’s an amusement park!!! Whoo hooo. Have fun!

• So how is day one going for you, RawVoice? So far, so good for me. I actually did the tea Sunday night and salt water flush on Monday morning in preparation for today! I couldn’t finish the salt water today. It made me nauseous. I had 2 cups of lemonade. I am currently drinking limeade as a change of pace. No cravings or want of food. I think it helps alot to have no real end goal in site. The King’s Dominion part was funny! Where do you live? I figure I will look up if I can bring in water, if so, I will fill my bottle with my lemonade!

Hi wbr, So far so good for me, too. I love the taste of the lemonade, but I usually start to get tired of it by the 6th day or so. Maybe I’ll do limeade then. I do Smooth move tea in the morning and evening, rather than doing the swf in the morning. I find I get better results with the tea. I don’t remember who posted it, but there was this funny thread called, “It’s not gas.” When I get cramps from the tea, I always remember that and it makes me laugh. I live in So Cal. I don’t think we have any King’s Dominions here. Is it a big amusement park? Where’s it located? We have Knott’s Berry Farm, Disney Land and Magic Mountain. I haven’t been to an amusement park in ages. I like really fast roller coaster rides. I actually have really bad motion sickness, but the fast roller coasters don’t bother me. It’s only the slow ones that have repetitive motion.

• I do Smooth Move too. I think I will also start using it for both a.m. and p.m. I don’t want to salt water flush again. That stuff burns coming out! lol And today it just did nothing for me. I was a little hungry mid-day today. But I drank some peppermint tea and it went away. The lemonade and limeade wouldn’t stop the growling! But down with day one! Yeah!

I live in VA. King’s Dominion is near Richmond. It is a big amusement park. We also have Busch Gardens, which is closer to me, but been there so many times it is kind of boring now. We aslo have Water Country USA near us.

• Well, it is halfway through day 2. I’ve been sleepy today. And I am COLD!!! That is why I quit the MC halfway through back in Jan. That and the fact that I just wanted to chew something. Well, I am sure tomorrow will be better. But in the meantime….I AM FREEZING!

• I don’t know why I wait until I am on this MC to start looking at all the raw food recipes! Now I wanna quit so I can EAT! You never realize how much food is a central part of our lives until you aren’t eating! How frustrating! And why did I make the kids fried potatoes with onions today ???? I love fried potatoes with onions! (I know, not raw, but I am not 100% yet!). It’s hard to do the MC and have to cook for my family! Plus, I love to cook! Well, if I make it through tomorrow, that will be 3 days. That’s not so bad, is it? Mostly, I started because I ate some things that caused me to have that stuffy nose when I wake up in the morning. I needed to clean out my system a little. Not enough motive to keep me going! Actually, I see a pattern. I want to quit every evening. But in the morning I feel refreshed and feel like I can make it another day…..

I can relate…. I LOVE to cook, too. I messed up today. I cook for my husband, and his dinner smelled so good this evening that I broke down and had some. ooops. But tomorrow is another day, and I’ll do better. I’m still motivated to go on. On my past master cleanses, I read recipe books, both raw and cooked, prolifically. I planned everything I was going to eat when I went off of the cleanse. I also know what you mean about being cold, although that usually doesn’t happen to me until the 7th or 8th day. I figure it’ll be better since it’s Summer time. What’s the temperature there?

• Oh the temperature here is in the 80’s and 90’s! But I started freezing almost immediately!

Well, I made it through the night. I put the cookbook down and watched about 3 episodes of House Hunters. Then I finished crocheting a baby blanket for my sister-in-law. Then I went to bed!

No stuffy nose this morning. But my lips were chapped. And I think I will drink less Smooth Move tonight because that stuff really hurt my stomach this morning!

Once again, I am refreshed and think I can make it another day!

My husband says I cheated yesterday. I didn’t eat anything. But Trader Joe’s had a fresh nectarine sample. So I chewed it up to taste it and then I spit it out! LOL ~Oh to be able to eat that nectarine! It tasted delicious!!!!!

• Okay. So I found out no beverages or drinks are allowed in the park. So I guess I am ending my MC early. I am ravenous anyway! Maybe longer next time! Sorry I couldn’t go longer with you RawVoice…

Oooh, too bad no drinks in the park!! To tell the truth, I messed up again today. I went out to lunch with my husband and his friend. I’ve had a stressful couple of days. But I’m going to start the mc again tomorrow. Try, try again. If you change your mind and want to pick it up, just jump back on the bandwagon. Good luck, have fun at the park!!!