Papers/research on types of Juicing?

We recently just got a Breville Juice Fountain Elite, impressive bit o’hardware I must say. Anyways, while researching various info about juicing I see talk about masticating vs. centripetal, the former supposedly better because of less heat and impact shock….

Well, coming from a scientific background, this sounds like a lot of pseudoscience to me, meant to sell one type of juicer over the other.

Are there any legitimate research studies available on line on this subject? All I’ve found so far is people parroting the same lines without any data to back up the claims.

Comments

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

I bought my juicer from www.discountjuicers.com and they have a host of articles on juicers. I don’t know how legitimate the information as they don’t list studies, however the reading certainly was interesting and it felt to me like it made sense. You can find the articles here: http://www.discountjuicers.com/information.html

What have you been juicing so far?

• Thanks for the link! While not quite research, in the strict sense, it backs my sense that the one vs. the other is more or less hogwash.

As for what I’ve been using, just about everything! I’ve been making a cocktail in the morning of carrots, beats, celery, apple, peach, orange, blueberrys, cherries, you name it. Stopping by the store tonight to get some more veggies to throw into the mix.