Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Burger recommendation

hi! i am looking for a recomendation from people on a recipe for a great raw burger. I have a dehydrator, so it can be dehydrated. It can have some nuts but I’d prefer less than more. Help please!

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Here is a link to the burger recipe category – you’ll find everything from burgers and bread to ketchup and fries!

http://goneraw.com/recipes/list/burger

• The carrot-pecan is my personal favorite!!!

• thanks kandace, I knew about that but was just hoping for a good reccomendation so I don’t waste precious foods on something that wouldn’t turn out well… Food is SO expensive these days.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Sizzling Walnut Patties

These are my creation. They got excellent reviews!!

• awww they look so good, I am allergic to walnuts :( they give my mouth a rash! Thanks though

• I took a portobello mushroom, cut the bottom (the gills and stem) off and a bit of the top to make it flatter, then marinated it in lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and herbs for a few hours. You can put that in your favourite bread with whatever else you want…wow…is it good! (I used Alissa Cohen’s Burger Bun recipe for the bun part.)

• I made some burgers similar to the carrot-pecan, using the carrots, a zuchinni in place of the mushrooms, substituting pumpkin seeds for the pecans (they are sooo expensive out here so I went with what I had), adding 1/4 cup whole flax seeds, 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, a tsp. paprika, sprinkle of sage and a bit of thyme. They are dehydrating now, so we’ll see! I nibbled on a bit earlier and it was really nummy.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

sarabeth- i also had the same question… i was going to make either the sizzling walnut or the pecan-carrot. Then, i came across the burger recipe from Ani Phyo. I’m going away and want to introduce my friend to raw… but, our car is getting full so i wanted to leave the dehydrator and juicer at home… Ani’s recipe doesn’t require dehydration. I haven’t tried it yet, but here it is: 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 3/4 cup) 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped 1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped 1 tsp sea salt 2 tsp oregano 1 cup sunflower seeds, ground 1/2 cup flax, ground 1/2 cup water

mis everything and form into balls, flatten into patties. Serve on bread.

I’m making Matt Amsden’s onion bread (Kandice also has the recipe posted here)...

I hope this helps!

sarabeth- i also had the same question… i was going to make either the sizzling walnut or the pecan-carrot. Then, i came across the burger recipe from Ani Phyo. I’m going away and want to introduce my friend to raw… but, our car is getting full so i wanted to leave the dehydrator and juicer at home… Ani’s recipe doesn’t require dehydration. I haven’t tried it yet, but here it is: 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 3/4 cup) 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped 1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped 1 tsp sea salt 2 tsp oregano 1 cup sunflower seeds, ground 1/2 cup flax, ground 1/2 cup water

I’m making Matt Amsden’s onion bread (Kandice also has the recipe posted here)...

I hope this helps!

I hope this helps!

• Ani Phyo’s burgers are GREAT I use them as burgers and as a loaf with my marinated Collard Greens for my southern dinners with a little Okra cant for get the Okra….Yummmmyyy now I am hungry