Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Larabar acquired by General Mills

newbienewbie Raw Newbie

anyone else see this? wonder if/when the quality will go down

http://www.naturalfoodsmerchandiser.com/tabid/6…

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

That’s terrible! Bad move, Lara!!!!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

ugh. this happens to so many good foods! drat.

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

NOOOO! Not another company buy-out! Ugh I’m so tired of this crud! Why do big companies want to own EVERYTHING?! And why do little companies want to SELL OUT?!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Lara, where’s your integrity? Where is the blunt refusal to let the product be compromised? At least we can make them, but they were a lifesaver to me when travelling!

• leigh starleigh star Raw Newbie

Thanks for the heads up newbie. Too bad!!!

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

it’s all about the mighty dollar – IMO

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I think the nuts in larabars are unsoaked? The Colon Handbook states that unsoaked nuts are just as bad as meat.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

solution = make our own :-)

• UGH!!! These were a staple for me because they are so convenient and I am always on the go. Can anybody recommend a replacement for Larabars?

• rawgypsy7rawgypsy7 Raw Newbie

Why do big companies want to own EVERYTHING?! And why do little companies want to SELL OUT?!<<

read “the Omnivore’s Dilemma” by Michael Pollan for the answers to these questions. That book has educated me more than any other source on the topic of food production in America. Larabars were a staple of my raw diet in the first 3 months, but then i discovered Clif Nectar bars, and most recently the Organic Food Bars which are far superior to the others in every way. Making your own is ideal, but in a pinch, it’s good to know what brands you can trust. I won’t support Agribusiness, even if they are offering so-called “health foods”. It’s just a matter of principle, and i’d rather go without than feed something i don’t believe in.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Before there were Larabars, there were PURE raw food bars. They are MUCH better but impossible to find now. I used to get them online. I will start again. I’ll find the link for you.OK You can get them from Amazon. They are Pure Bars—about the same raw level as a larabar, though they are all organic. They do contain agave nectar, but since they are Swiss, the almonds may truly be raw.I get them $22 for 12. I usually get free shipping.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

At $1.83/bar they are worth it in taste—a little bigger than larabar. Here is a useful link for larabar alternatives. http://www.naturalnews.com/020396.html I hope you can click on it.