Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Horray for Wall-e!

lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

An A+ Pixar film for all ages, especially wasteful teens and adults. The underlying message may be lost on the little ones, but you can help them. Go! You’re not too old!

Comments

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Thanks for the review. I would have missed it, I will make a point to see it now. :)

Lovebows, Chris

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

We agree! I loved it. It was packed, and there was applause at the end, which is always nice when it’s deserved.

• i would have to say one of the best movies i have ever seen.

the message was great, but i also thought it was a lovely, heartwarming, well made movie.

• The message they were sending was so clear.. I was uncomfortable!! :) In a good way though. Very thought provoking.. and my son who is 9 teared up at the end when well.. I don’t want to spoil it, but it was very sweet!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Wow, I was impressed. This? From Disney? Wall-E was so cute and won me over right away.

• for ‘wasteful’ teens and adults? hmmm very ‘from on high’ of you :)

just to let ya know, that might come off as you trying to come off better than everybody else.

a better way to say it might be, An A+ film for all ages, especially teens and adults not well schooled in the problems the planet/society is facing.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Wow, eco-median. I thought I was just recommending a film. I live with 3 very wasteful teens. They are well-schooled AND incredibly wasteful. Most Americans don’t care where their food comes from or where their trash goes to or the environmental cost of grilling and eating animal-mostly because they just don’t know how to do things differently. At least 3-4 times a day, my kids get the message that their water supply is drying up as well as many other of their natural resources—that we’ll be looking to their generation for alternative fuel sources and the implementation of those. I always have 6-7 extra teens here. They ask questions about raw food. I show them where the scraps go, how this saves water and running my disposal. I show them the composter and how it makes soil for my vegetables. We take our bikes to the grocery store, to the bank, to the Farmer’s Market because I have a gas guzzling SUV sitting in my driveway! I am FAR from better than everyone else. I’m the first to admit I am terribly flawed, but I’m totally passionate about this earth, raw food and the messages my kids receive and this was a good one. Have a lovely day.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

We can ALL stand to waste less. Just some of us are more aware of it (and probably have lots of guilt attached to that). It drove me nuts this year as my students (10 years old) would go on and on about how people waste and fill landfills and save the earth and then buy a bottle of water everyday and throw it in the trash! not to mention the other crap they buy. It’s just such a part of our culture that you need to educate them in order for them to make the connections. AND learn with them, as none of us are perfect.

Izhpt, we need more parents like you!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

We know a little boy who is 6 and has known he was going to work for Pixar since he was 4. He just saw Wall-e and thought it was a thousand times better than Cars. And Cars was the reason he chose his career at Pixar, so that’s saying A LOT.

lzhpt – did you go with your teens, and if so, did they like it?

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

None of them wanted to go, amysue, but I was paying and they saw it got and A+ and I told them it would be some great Mom time and I wouldn’t tell their friends they went to a G rated film. They all loved it. Most profoundly affected (crying) was my phone-hugging, texting, mall-addicted 13 year-old. I find this constantly with teens-if I suggest we save the shower grey water for my plants, I get all kids of grief, but they see Wall-e and 5, 5-gallon buckets/day appear on the steps waiting to get to the garden. I never told their friends. They did! They insisted their friends go. It’s the best kind of peer pressure.

• Haha! That’s awesome Izhpt! :)

btw- Hubby and I saw it and we loved it, too!

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Nice to know about this movie. I think I’ll take my hubby to see it. He’s not as bothered by waste as I am.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

We’re not the only ones loving this movie! Check out this article: Trailer Makes Woman Cry, Every Time.