Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

how cool is this?

omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

guerillagardening.org

Comments

• I know…amazing.

I’m part of a local climate friendly parish in the UK. Getting people to think about using their land in a more varied way is hard..a few of us are thinking of trying out a few techniques to get plants planted! Trees..veg…who knows…I would love to come across random patches of veg at the side of the road/path…

• Yes, yes, yes. I stumbled across this a few months ago. Currently I am in Germany, so finding a group like this is a little hard due to the language barrier, but come November when I move to London, I’ll be joining for sure. This stuff gets so sooooo damn excited that I want to run for miles and tell the world what I’ve discovered. For anyone interested, I am reading ‘Silent Spring’ by Rachel Carson. It was written in the 60’s but still very relevant. It’s about pesticides. I know, it sounds boring, but on my goodness….it’s a gem of a book. I can’t seem to but it down. Check it out!

TO ALL THE FUTURE GUERRILLA’S …GREEN THUMBS UP!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

right on ya mate! ORGANIC green thumbs forever!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Very cool!

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Cool!! The project “westminster bridge road” (at the end of the page) it’s so nice!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

What a cool thing to do. I had no idea this was going on and it is a living, artistic, political statement. I spent some time looking around at other guerrilla gardening and look at this, which to me says so much: Caged Sunflowers.

Can you imagine walking down the city sidewalk and seeing this?

meditating! did you go to this site from that one youposted? im going to try this on a few of my pots and by my hose bibs!

http://www.heavypetal.ca/archives/2007/04/opera…

i would love to see that in a city!!!!
  • I have seen on the net people making seed balls with seeds and red clay. They make them into marble sized dried balls and throw them out in the winter just befor spring. I am thinking about doing that with some wildflower seeds that are legal in my area and see what happens.

i had this idea for my my mean neighbor….seed bombs for his yard….. but i was thinking of hemp seeds….and hoping the DEA would see it from the air…...grin! im kidding of course…..

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

A villiage near me is becoming the first UK town to be self sufficient in food. They are totally inspirational with guerilla gardening and giving out free plants all the time, amazing. Here’s their website: http://incredible-edible-todmorden.com/

• ZanzibarrrZanzibarrr Raw Newbie

yes, I’ve had a look, it’s amazing! a whole village preparing for the big climate change! I really like what they do, it’s great.

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

wow, yeah!